The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Minor mangle needs to go

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
Another annoying overpowered skill that no solo player is running, there is nothing worse than getting your health bar put so small that you can’t read it, the debuff should be changed to the same as negates next X amount healing with the same sort of cooldown as the major venerability resistance buff. Honestly its like all ZOS do is brainstorm terrible ideas to force solo and small scale players in to large group and zerg play even though their game can’t handle it.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Question: what does not need to go for you? Also why does it seem like you always target magicka specs?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Question: what does not need to go for you? Also why does it seem like you always target magicka specs?

Easy answer: plays stam, my guess is a stamplar or stamdk
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol Minor mangle needs a buff. in real content (NOT PVP) it's almost never used.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Another annoying overpowered skill that no solo player is running, there is nothing worse than getting your health bar put so small that you can’t read it, the debuff should be changed to the same as negates next X amount healing with the same sort of cooldown as the major venerability resistance buff. Honestly its like all ZOS do is brainstorm terrible ideas to force solo and small scale players in to large group and zerg play even though their game can’t handle it.

As a solo player I think minor mangle needs to be put on more skills. It's extremely underused and is great against annoying 40k+ health tanks (which is 90% of cyrodiil). They need to put it on a few underperforming skills, I'd deffo use them then. The issue you're facing with the health bar could easily be changed by ZOS, I get what you mean especially when you're running something like lava foot and you can barely see your health, although I have health bars above my characters head so it doesn't bother me.
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

I specialize in solo PvP on every class in the game,
    be sure to check out my YouTube for several 1vX and build videos!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkrJ3K68GHLn2-HgHjITsA
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How many magica builds do you see playing solo other than a magsorc? Magica builds are beyond easy at the moment with s&b blockcasting burst heals allowing even fights with an insta kill 1 burst combo player to turn fights in to resource battles. If everyone played a solo style build With their own heals, buffs, debuffs and cleanses this game would be bearable. Make tanks and healers have the same level of difficulty as a dps build and watch the number of utility builds dwindle and see fast paced and skillful play come back to the game.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who thought this thread was going to be about how Minor Mangle is one of the most useless, weakest debuffs in the game?

LMAO, if Mangle is so OP, then where are all the Pulsar spammers? Never seen ANYONE try this on me.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forums are a great place to come find problems I never knew I had.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

How many magica builds do you see playing solo other than a magsorc? Magica builds are beyond easy at the moment with s&b blockcasting burst heals allowing even fights with an insta kill 1 burst combo player to turn fights in to resource battles. If everyone played a solo style build With their own heals, buffs, debuffs and cleanses this game would be bearable. Make tanks and healers have the same level of difficulty as a dps build and watch the number of utility builds dwindle and see fast paced and skillful play come back to the game.

Are you joking? The majority of solo builds are magsorcs and stam.

You do realize that resolving vigor ticks for half as much as honour the dead right, and ticks 4 times?
    Edited by Iskiab on March 15, 2020 3:17PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭

He would like to faceroll every magicka player by spamming dizzy and execute :)
    It’s just not okay when a magicka class can fight back and burst him down... that’s just unacceptable and it needs no skill to setup a proper burstcombo

Magicka is ez af atm he said
    Wondering why melee stam is meta( has ofc nothing to do with beeing easier to play and beeing stronger)

Stam has more general pressure and is tankier on default but hey magicka shouldn’t be able to make up for the lower defence capabilities by having better heals, and how dare they to have a better burst than stam when they do less pressure outside of that lmao

This forum is very interesting can just pray to god zos doesn’t take theese ideas seriously fml
    Edited by Lole on March 15, 2020 3:21PM
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone linked a poison that had resource cost increase and mangle my impression was that it was made for Xv1.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Are you joking? The majority of solo builds are magsorcs and stam.

You do realize that resolving vigor ticks for half as much as honour the dead right, and ticks 4 times?

Im sorry what? One tick of resolving vigor is about 1/3 of honour the dead with same stats not counting for passives
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1. Stam is easy. It's grossly OP to the point you can use nearly any stam (and even slot CURSE EATER, STENDARR, and other "mag utility sets" on STAM) and still do a lot of damage relative to mag with little downside. I'd venture to say you can slot ANYTHING ON STAM and have little penalty...

1-1. Hybrids that also tilt stam are broken OP on the game right now, but lets not get into that since most of the players on the forums ain't woke enough or skilled enough to be using such builds

2. "S&B blockcasting burst heals" - hardly a mag thing when I see stam players do the same thing, I do it on my stam char, and stam also has no problem rolling and healing up instantly. If you have a problem with things like BoL being easily blockcasted for a crit heal, tell ZOS to change vengence CP passive or don't play CP.

3. What's funny is that my mag chars loadout is the same exact thing for solo and group, and when I am solo people still complain. In this case, how exactly can anyone tell me the skill is not for "solo play" when I am using it for solo play?

4. There is no such thing as a DPS build in PvP. It's not PvE. In PvP you have to tank, heal, and do damage. Every single spec is capable of doing this in one way or another, and gear can make up for it if you lack the skill or ability to do so. It's your responsibility to find a way to balance that; but that you would claim "DPS" exist in PvP, exactly what kind of build do you even use?

5. "Fast paced and skillful play" - Oh you mean the type of play with absolutely no counters like the old stam NB gank builds in One Tamriel that required you to see the future to win? Certain LA and HA builds on live right now? The meta stamtard build that can be counted by blocking , hence why you are here complaining? There is nothing skillful about that, and that is exactly why you or any other "DPS" are losing in PvP - it's not a skill, but a cheap trick that can't work in succession.