The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Its spreading faster than the c-virus and will get neutered

Paidkilla
Paidkilla
✭✭✭
Last few nights of bg's i have seen multiple melees stacking on each other running I am assuming Elfbane with Grothdar. 20 min match these monster sets had 100% uptime and were doing serious damage with 3 melees running them. Not a problem with one person, But Eso peeps love to beat the skin off anything thats powerful. Thought it was just a fluke but I am seeing it every match now almost. Sorry but its always been in ESO, if you give a kid of a bag of candy and say one a day, they eat the whole bag in one day. leave it up to people to abuse something as fast as they can til it gets out of control, then it will be nerfed. Its happened this way with every strong or broke thing thats been in this game since release. Besides sorcs of course.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean, there are other amazing combos for magdk which isnt elfbane. BSW/Silks of the sun would be incredibly potent as well. you don't need 100% monster set uptime.

Also saying sorcs havent been nerfed is stupid. Sorcs have been nerfed over and over as much as nightblades have.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Paidkilla
    Paidkilla
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry bud sorcs have been the most popular and most defensive/damaging class ive know since beta. Go in a bg there will be at least 5 streaking all over the place like attack of the clone wars. They will have the fewest deaths, the highest damage and medal count everytime. As far as grothdar when 3 melees are gap closing to groups with grothdar up the damage gets pretty crazy. remember this post, will take about a month for the casuals to catch on, then another month for it to get changed or nerfed in some way, its like a broken record how things get down around here. Overlook something, elitists sniff on to it, beat the brakes off it, then it gets nerfed. Alone its not bad, but just like werewolves, ancient bash, vamp drain or anything else, when people start doing it all over or in packs its gonna get noticed.
    Edited by Paidkilla on March 14, 2020 3:13AM
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    Also saying sorcs havent been nerfed is stupid. Sorcs have been nerfed over and over as much as nightblades have.

sorcs have received nerfs but are in a far, far better state than nbs.

as to grothdar+elfbane, I've not run into the kind of stacking you describe and never found it to be much of a problem in an isolated scenario. seems like a lot of set bonuses to give up for an okay, but not amazing, aoe dmg proc.
  • Paidkilla
    Paidkilla
    ✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »
    dazee wrote: »

sorcs have received nerfs but are in a far, far better state than nbs.

as to grothdar+elfbane, I've not run into the kind of stacking you describe and never found it to be much of a problem in an isolated scenario. seems like a lot of set bonuses to give up for an okay, but not amazing, aoe dmg proc.

Ya one person doing it your right, not that special when there's multiple it gets out of control, bgs are solo que now wont be to bad, but oh i dunno when a ball slams into you in cyro and 25 grothdars are going, and all they had to do was hit you lol. its catching on, multiple bs today with many running the combo. I went to vlastu last night to capture to use the quartermaster, i had 2 ad jump me, the templar was using this. I cam back took the town and low and behold a ep dk slams into me and we fought a good 10 mins beofre he backed off, he was using it and the thing never turned off once. I'm seeing it everywhere i go last 3 days.
    Edited by Paidkilla on March 14, 2020 3:21AM
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you suggesting that online communities may be subject to a "herd mentality"? Perish the thought. A most outrageous suggestion I'm sure..

😏
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    When the inevitable nerf comes, I'm sure they will all be scratching their heads wondering why it happened before logging onto this very forum squealing for Zenimax blood..
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc healing and damage sets should just not be allowed from PvP, I swear half of Damage in bgs is peoples sets, someone can weave entropy And cc you and proc caluurions and and skoria with rack up a ridiculous amount of damage on top of using a combo
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres a smooth transition from a complain thread to nerf sorcs thread.
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Proc healing and damage sets should just not be allowed from PvP, I swear half of Damage in bgs is peoples sets, someone can weave entropy And cc you and proc caluurions and and skoria with rack up a ridiculous amount of damage on top of using a combo

So you want everyone to run arround with the same 2-3 crafted sets ? Sounds pretty boring to me
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :D

Balance in action...
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paidkilla wrote: »
    Last few nights of bg's i have seen multiple melees stacking on each other running I am assuming Elfbane with Grothdar. 20 min match these monster sets had 100% uptime and were doing serious damage with 3 melees running them. Not a problem with one person, But Eso peeps love to beat the skin off anything thats powerful. Thought it was just a fluke but I am seeing it every match now almost. Sorry but its always been in ESO, if you give a kid of a bag of candy and say one a day, they eat the whole bag in one day. leave it up to people to abuse something as fast as they can til it gets out of control, then it will be nerfed. Its happened this way with every strong or broke thing thats been in this game since release. Besides sorcs of course.

I'm starting to see more stamnecro in BGs should we do something about it too?
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In any case, Zenimax should not nerf anything becuase of pvp. There has to be a PVE excuse for any nerf.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I fought a couple guys running it, I didn’t think it was an issue or OP unless you’re fighting someone using cloak. It’s just something different so surprising people who get mad when people don’t run cookie cutter specs.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 16, 2020 7:01PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Paidkilla
    Paidkilla
    ✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »
    Paidkilla wrote: »

I'm starting to see more stamnecro in BGs should we do something about it too?

Wouldn't phase me a bit, never have equipped a 2hand or bow.