The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

any talk about rewarding healers more medal points?

Oathunbound
Oathunbound
✭✭✭
Ive recently taken up healing in BG's and have been having a lot of fun doing but now i see clearly how healers, even the really good ones, get stiffed in the end with the score points. At first i thought it came with the turf but now i see that even tho you did your job and won a game, with a crap score you have a lower chance at getting purple gear as your reward. Now that may not seem like much but i get a fair amount of zircon grains from the jewels you have a chance at getting. Also it would just feel better seeing your name higher then dead last when a lot of people agree healers deserve a much bigger score for their contribution to the overall match. Ive seen threads pop up on this subject before but i don't know how old they are now, nor was there any information at any point possibly looking into making wither more medals to earn or increasing the value of medals already present.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah the best healers are not rewarded, at the same time you can make a healing build that can get you 10k points (heals over 7.5k) but you will not be so effective for your group.
    Because I can!
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah the only way to get high medal score as a healer is provide damage assistance, which should be the case regardless imo. Generally from my view, every healer should have some minor form of pressure regardless of the pvp content, well at least in pvp content where you actually have to outplay other players. Cyrodil you can do *** all.

The other way is to fish for healing crit medals by using your classes burst heal. What happens is you end up waiting for health pools to drop to the point where the recipient of your heal will receive it's full amount since overhealing is not calculated. The issue here is if you happen have another healer in your group, or more often the case esp with bgs being solo only now, you may get a well rounded magicka build on your team, who is structured to be able to function independently without the need of a healer ie an offensive magplar or magsorc who slot bol and matriarch, it then becomes a game of health bar wack a mole arms race where you are trying to nab the burst healed before they do. Ultimately this shouldnt matter but in terms of medal / score performance it does.

It's why I get annoyed, not because i place any stock into the scoreboard but because many unknowledgeable players do and every so often you get lip from idiots. Its especially grating when those with choice words are the ones who run off and los their team spamming their burst heal while a healer is trying to top them off.

Honestly it's just annoying more than anything. BGs have never been indicative of very much and shoupdnt be taken serious, at least in terms of pvp for anyone who has history playing other games that do instanced based pvp better.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want a high score just hop on a magblade or magwarden
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m starting to think medal scores are a lot more balanced then I thought. I think medal scores are probably the best way to show your actual contribution.

I mean it’s not perfect, but since changing from a pure healer to a mix of damage and healing my scores and win rate have gone up. It’s not the best indicator, but better than say KvD for team success.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I’m starting to think medal scores are a lot more balanced then I thought. I think medal scores are probably the best way to show your actual contribution.

I mean it’s not perfect, but since changing from a pure healer to a mix of damage and healing my scores and win rate have gone up. It’s not the best indicator, but better than say KvD for team success.

Not really, because mag wardens for example can slot things like fletcher and rack up inconsequential damage that is not actually helping but pads their score because of damage done plus healing done. This is why bgs with with tanky damage sponges and healers always favor damage over time builds for scoreboards. That's why is comically easy to have high scores on warden healers despite them not have a chunky burst heal for the crit heal medals.

The entire scoring system is a joke for multiple reasons
    Edited by exeeter702 on March 22, 2020 9:45PM