The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting Stations Not Functioning?

faeeichenlaub
faeeichenlaub
✭✭✭✭
After Update 25 of Xbox Patch noticing my Crafting Stations no longer function. I can move them and place them in a new green area.
It seems to be something regrading collisions of other placed furnishings that previously did not effect the usability of the Crafting Station.
i.e. Putting a Dye Jar on the Dye Station, Putting a Soul Gem on an Enchanting Station. Gold Coins and Gems on the Jewelry Station etc.

This is at Bouldertree. Not sure if others are seeing similar?
For now I really don't want to dismantle my vignettes so I simply move the station temporarily, do what I need to do, and then Undo the move through the editor. ....But Yeah.
"Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This did not seem to be widely reported on the PC.

That being said, I don't have any items on my crafting stations, so I can't speak to your exact situation.

Try ungrouping them, tweak a bit, see if it works, then regroup. Heck, maybe just Group and then Regroup would work.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this happen with other interactables before, like chairs, and I was able to fix the problem simply by "putting it away" and placing it again.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've run into this where two interactable furnishings that were close together appeared to have shifted after an update just enough to overlap their hit boxes. The result was both items were no longer interactable. To correct it I moved the pieces so they were no longer overlapping.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC, my experience is if you want to use the crafting station you can't put stuff on it.

Exception to that is the Elsweyr Grill which will allow some food items (whose collision boxes are just right to not interfere with the grill's box?) to be placed on it and still be used.
  • RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    On PC, my experience is if you want to use the crafting station you can't put stuff on it.

Exception to that is the Elsweyr Grill which will allow some food items (whose collision boxes are just right to not interfere with the grill's box?) to be placed on it and still be used.

True. I put a small light on one and it was a disaster. Just changed the position of the light.