The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What the actual...

dlsisk
dlsisk
Soul Shriven
I first signed up for ESO almost 5 years ago. I never even noticed, much less used, the forum invitation code I received. Turns out, those expire, which only became an issue when the newest update ruined the game so badly for me that I felt sufficiently compelled to voice my displeasure that I was willing to deal with the headache required to get here.

While I am an avid gamer, my wife most certainly is not. So, it was no small feat getting her to join the game. We settled into the battlegrounds as the funnest activity that we enjoy together in ESO and we've been having a great time. But now that's over. Awesome. I can't believe there isn't a less radical method for insulating casuals and soloists from premades (which would be amazing because those guys are the worst), especially given all of the ideas put forth on these very forums the last couple of days.

Ironically, my wife is rather hopeful that something will change soon while I'm just disgusted at the disregard and disarray. Failing a swift resolution, her hopes will surely start to fade, I'll no longer be able justify our subscriptions and will then, in what may prove a silver lining depending on what we find, be forced seek out our next adventure. So, thanks?

(No, not really.)
  • BreakaerB
    BreakaerB
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the disappointment brigade. We grow by the day.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be prepared for BGs to be this way for at least until next update. That's how long ZOS gave their failed experiment with CP Battlegrounds.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Be prepared for BGs to be this way for at least until next update. That's how long ZOS gave their failed experiment with CP Battlegrounds.

Not really sure why all pvp isn't No CP. CP pvp is just a BEEPshow all the time.

But if that was the case we'd have no level 50 non alliance locked cyro, so keep CP pvp a thing for now.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • james_738pub18_ESO
    james_738pub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    dlsisk wrote: »
    I first signed up for ESO almost 5 years ago. I never even noticed, much less used, the forum invitation code I received. Turns out, those expire, which only became an issue when the newest update ruined the game so badly for me that I felt sufficiently compelled to voice my displeasure that I was willing to deal with the headache required to get here.

While I am an avid gamer, my wife most certainly is not. So, it was no small feat getting her to join the game. We settled into the battlegrounds as the funnest activity that we enjoy together in ESO and we've been having a great time. But now that's over. Awesome. I can't believe there isn't a less radical method for insulating casuals and soloists from premades (which would be amazing because those guys are the worst), especially given all of the ideas put forth on these very forums the last couple of days.

Ironically, my wife is rather hopeful that something will change soon while I'm just disgusted at the disregard and disarray. Failing a swift resolution, her hopes will surely start to fade, I'll no longer be able justify our subscriptions and will then, in what may prove a silver lining depending on what we find, be forced seek out our next adventure. So, thanks?

(No, not really.)

I feel you man. Been playing for 4 years and have never felt the need to go to a forum for something until now. My friends and I are avid PvPers and have spent thousands of dollars combined on this game. Absolutely disgusting for ZoS to take away playing with friends in an MMO. I don't think I've ever been so disappointed by a game developer, and I played WoW for 12 years, so that's saying something.
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭

(No, not really.)

I've told people in-game, not many people were even aware of the change. I came straight to the forums when I read that patch notes.

It's the sad truth, there will be 1million people who love the game, and won't go on the forums, leaving the 100 whiners to run to the forums to complain about premades. Now if that is all ZOS see, which is a big thread full of PREMADES HURT ME! I guess they will end up catering to them.
  • james_738pub18_ESO
    james_738pub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭

(No, not really.)

I've told people in-game, not many people were even aware of the change. I came straight to the forums when I read that patch notes.

It's the sad truth, there will be 1million people who love the game, and won't go on the forums, leaving the 100 whiners to run to the forums to complain about premades. Now if that is all ZOS see, which is a big thread full of PREMADES HURT ME! I guess they will end up catering to them.

Games get ruined when devs start catering to people whining the game is too hard. Just get good. Such a shame they took away being able to play with your friends.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »

Not really sure why all pvp isn't No CP. CP pvp is just a BEEPshow all the time.

But if that was the case we'd have no level 50 non alliance locked cyro, so keep CP pvp a thing for now.

Because players enjoy CP Cyrodiil for various reasons. I've played both types and I prefer using CP in Cyrodiil.

I did not enjoy CP Battlegrounds, because the sort of tanky builds that can be balanced in a war zone intended for large groups really were not at all suited to a 4v4v4 arena. The combat that resulted didn't fit the fast paced combat ZOS wanted out of BGs.