The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magicka blastbones needs an update!

buzzclops
buzzclops
✭✭✭
The new fix to blastbones leaps and pathing is a major upgrade. It feels much more fluid and I’m really happy about this change but, the magicka morph doesn’t bring that much anymore. Even in bgs where I thought it would still bug sometimes it actually doesn’t. I want to open a discussion on what could potentially replace this morph by something useful and up to date! Things like aoe minor vulnerability or maybe some healing for ppl close to the explosion or a little dot when hit. There are many options!
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all major defile on STAM MORPH needs to go. Then we can talk about those skills and their balance between stam/magicka.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    This is about the magicka morph. I don’t care about anything stamina. I think the magicka morph needs some love. Although I think stam should keep its defile (give it to magicka too maybe...) the uptime with the new pathing might be too high but that is another discussion. Please fix the magicka morph
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    buzzclops wrote: »
    This is about the magicka morph. I don’t care about anything stamina. I think the magicka morph needs some love. Although I think stam should keep its defile (give it to magicka too maybe...) the uptime with the new pathing might be too high but that is another discussion. Please fix the magicka morph

I agree. A lot of good ideas have already been voiced in the PTS branch, too. So I have nothing to add.
  • AzurasCry
    AzurasCry
    ✭✭
    I had thought of adding a dot to players that got hit by the blastbone or the corse creates an air like caltrop.
    Edited by AzurasCry on March 12, 2020 12:22PM
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

After removing a few posts, we would like everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, civil, and constructive.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think blastbones need more features, when it's reliability has been improved it became very good skill, it shouldn't be overloaded. What magcro needs most is solid and reliable CC, as totem is more of a lottery than being reliable.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • PapaWeeb
    PapaWeeb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slap minor defile on both of them and be done with it
    PC EU
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    I don't think blastbones need more features, when it's reliability has been improved it became very good skill, it shouldn't be overloaded. What magcro needs most is solid and reliable CC, as totem is more of a lottery than being reliable.
    The Magicka morph is functionally identical to the un-morphed skill in many cases, currently. It'll occasionally get a bit of extra damage when someone LOS's it for a bit but eventually still gets hit, but that's rarely worthwhile. Personally, I'd rather be able to either issue a new target to the Blastbones or just force it to self destruct. Having it be a "dead skill" for up to 8 seconds kind of stinks when you're trying to target swap after the initial player got to safety.

Yes, the class also needs a viable, offense-oriented stun, but these things don't necessarily need to be done one at a time, patch-by-patch. The Magicka morph of Blastbones can receive a worthwhile secondary effect, the Stamina morph can have its secondary nerfed, and Magicka can receive a reasonable class-based or generic stun all at the same time.
  • DeSyreni
    DeSyreni
    ✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    The Magicka morph is functionally identical to the un-morphed skill in many cases, currently.

Agreed, needs to be looked at. Morphing a skill is supposed to be exciting, instead its just "Eh, why bother".
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I'd rather be able to either issue a new target to the Blastbones or just force it to self destruct. Having it be a "dead skill" for up to 8 seconds kind of stinks when you're trying to target swap after the initial player got to safety. or generic stun all at the same time.
    I agree it should be controlled by medium/heavy atks. So annoying when you miss your cast on a pet in 1v1.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Magicka morph is functionally identical to the un-morphed skill in many cases, currently. It'll occasionally get a bit of extra damage when someone LOS's it for a bit but eventually still gets hit, but that's rarely worthwhile. Personally, I'd rather be able to either issue a new target to the Blastbones or just force it to self destruct. Having it be a "dead skill" for up to 8 seconds kind of stinks when you're trying to target swap after the initial player got to safety.

Yes, the class also needs a viable, offense-oriented stun, but these things don't necessarily need to be done one at a time, patch-by-patch. The Magicka morph of Blastbones can receive a worthwhile secondary effect, the Stamina morph can have its secondary nerfed, and Magicka can receive a reasonable class-based or generic stun all at the same time.

Completely agree, I forgot about that new effect of magicka morph is totally useless. Then it really needs some little tweaking, maybe minor breach for magicka and minor fracture for stamina? Why minor? Because those are less common and having a class that can apply those with AoE skill would be really useful in group content.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    I main magcro myself and I don’t think it would be wise to currently buff magicka blastbones... if they do they need to nerf graverobber

Currently most people won’t even survive a graverobber/bb combo...and the ones that do are pretty low and mostly won’t recover from that first combo...

But in general I would agree that they should fix the passive of bb and nerf graverobber to have a more fluid gameplay
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    Lole wrote: »
    I main magcro myself and I don’t think it would be wise to currently buff magicka blastbones... if they do they need to nerf graverobber

Currently most people won’t even survive a graverobber/bb combo...and the ones that do are pretty low and mostly won’t recover from that first combo...

But in general I would agree that they should fix the passive of bb and nerf graverobber to have a more fluid gameplay

I guess it’s a matter of play styles but I always found that you have to invest a lot into graverobber to make it work. It’s also very predictable. Especially in no-cp/bgs. You have to use a lightning staff and invest into harmony jewelry which turns you into a one trick poney leaving less stats for passive pressure and healing, and necro is really good at that. Without vamp drain it’s harder to keep players where you want them to get hit. Collosus is less reliable too because of that.
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭

I guess it’s a matter of play styles but I always found that you have to invest a lot into graverobber to make it work. It’s also very predictable. Especially in no-cp/bgs. You have to use a lightning staff and invest into harmony jewelry which turns you into a one trick poney leaving less stats for passive pressure and healing, and necro is really good at that. Without vamp drain it’s harder to keep players where you want them to get hit. Collosus is less reliable too because of that.

Currently I am using a firestaff and the stun of it is more than enough to ensure a juicy robber. Just cast bb wait half a sec cast clench and while he is flying backwards you make one step forward and drop the graveyard and let it explode in 99% of the cases the enemy gets hit by both while beeing still in the air. That combo is actually very consistent but yea i was not aiming to play a melee mage tbh...bb — collosus behind the enemy( with a little gap)— clench—- Grave, is also very consistent actually

Magcro lacks massive when it comes to decent dmg outside of robbery, but the meta is very meleeheavy anyways, so even without a stun you can make robber work very consistently since you can basicly Animationcancel the graveyard with the synergy

But I gotta say it feels rewarding to oneshot 3-4 stamfacerolling melees at the same time XD

When it comes to the investment, Yea I agree it sucks hard to Basicly make a set off jewelry useless for all other chars and builds... but in general no matter what kind of build a Magcro is running he should anyways get the traits and put robber into every build somehow...even if you fight a very beefy person and you can not line a combo for some reason, the raw dmg that thing spits out is insane and It heals for that amount, losing those 2,5k magicka for that is more than worth it in my opinion

It can very easy change every 1on1 or 1onx if it gets used properly, just by far the best skill magcro has would even put it above our colossus

Edited by Lole on March 14, 2020 12:51AM
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭

Currently I am using a firestaff and the stun of it is more than enough to ensure a juicy robber. Just cast bb wait half a sec cast clench and while he is flying backwards you make one step forward and drop the graveyard and let it explode in 99% of the cases the enemy gets hit by both while beeing still in the air. That combo is actually very consistent but yea i was not aiming to play a melee mage tbh...bb — collosus behind the enemy( with a little gap)— clench—- Grave, is also very consistent actually

Magcro lacks massive when it comes to decent dmg outside of robbery, but the meta is very meleeheavy anyways, so even without a stun you can make robber work very consistently since you can basicly Animationcancel the graveyard with the synergy

But I gotta say it feels rewarding to oneshot 3-4 stamfacerolling melees at the same time XD

When it comes to the investment, Yea I agree it sucks hard to Basicly make a set off jewelry useless for all other chars and builds... but in general no matter what kind of build a Magcro is running he should anyways get the traits and put robber into every build somehow...even if you fight a very beefy person and you can not line a combo for some reason, the raw dmg that thing spits out is insane and It heals for that amount, losing those 2,5k magicka for that is more than worth it in my opinion

It can very easy change every 1on1 or 1onx if it gets used properly, just by far the best skill magcro has would even put it above our colossus

I guess it depends. The way I play magcro is far different and it works really well. I focus on passive pressure with dots and healing. I use both degen/soul trap with a 120k soul assault tooltip. It wrecks with the 15% more dot dmg. Masters inferno is a must in this situation tho! Apply all dots(Arcanist too) cast blastbones and then clench into soul assault. Works kinda like affliction warlock in wow!!!
    My healing tooltips are really high and in bgs I can pull the same dmg with the same healing so around 1.5mil in both in long games. It usually carries the team lol.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main magcro myself and I don’t think it would be wise to currently buff magicka blastbones...

That's fine and all except this case isn't about buffing the skill. It's about making it into an actual morph. It is literally the same as the base version.

Morphs should mean something.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    I main magcro myself and I don’t think it would be wise to currently buff magicka blastbones...

That's fine and all except this case isn't about buffing the skill. It's about making it into an actual morph. It is literally the same as the base version.

Well what ever you put on it Right now would still be an indirect buff to the skill since it has Basicly nothing atm.
    They should let the jump of the bb allrdy count for the bonusdmg, so it makes Ranged necros better cuz they are underperforming currently.
    This would also prevent an indirect buff for all the harmony necros wich are actually pretty strong
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »

Well what ever you put on it Right now would still be an indirect buff to the skill since it has Basicly nothing atm.
    They should let the jump of the bb allrdy count for the bonusdmg, so it makes Ranged necros better cuz they are underperforming currently.
    This would also prevent an indirect buff for all the harmony necros wich are actually pretty strong

Yep a simple increased damage at longer range is sufficient.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka morph already deals an extra 10% damage. Read the parch notes.
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »

Maybe but 10% damage vs 100% major defile is kinda laughable
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's why said firstly we need to get rid of major defile from stam version, because in this comparison there is no way magicka can outclass stam version, and even if it would it would be stupidly OP. First get rid of defile on stam version, then balance both morphs.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Stamina version generally does more damage in practice as well. And that's true even though I'm still a Stage 4 Vampire who takes an extra +25% damage from the Magicka morph.
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah they could do that with blastbones, remove the 50% damage thing and make it stun or root. Its not that people want to front load things, they just want something that isn't useless now that blastbones works. Mag morph only worked out when it was bugged and took forever to get where it was going.

Though i personally think it would be more thematically cool if the magicka morph used corpses to create a second one that was less powerful. Feel more like a necromancer that way cause you actually raise the dead as a weapon.
    Edited by Tessitura on March 17, 2020 10:00AM