Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Voice Chat Question (Xbox)

xWarbrain
xWarbrain
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know if there is a way to stop the game from automatically switching chat channels when you change content? Every time I load into a BG, it puts me in group chat. I don't wear a headset, so I have to exit the voice chat to stop it from playing through my TV speakers. Listening to people cough is dumb. After the game ends, I load back into Grahtwood and get automatically put into area chat. I leave that too. Go back into a BG, process repeats.

Can I temporarily shut off voice chat altogether to prevent this? It's a minor annoyance. Especially being put into area chat, no one uses that, buncha weirdos in there.
XB1 NA
Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Sabune
    Sabune
    I find this annoying as well and while I do not know of a way to turn off the game auto putting you in different chats, you can at least turn off the ability to hear those chats. Start an Xbox party of just yourself.

Just be mindful that if you do need to use the in game chats you will either need to invite them to your party, leave your party, or use the switch to game chat option in your party.