The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Off Balance and the war against stuns.

MCBIZZLE300
MCBIZZLE300
✭✭✭✭✭
For the most part I have found update 25 a positive one with improved performance and reworked block. I do however dislike the offbalance cooldown change as now it takes an absurd amount of time to stun someone with dizzying swing. Having mained stamsorc for many years I dont have a massive amount of options regarding stuns and with this change it has resulted in me just spamming dizzying swing more and more trying to wear someones health down. This also applies to vampire drain, although this skill was buggy and needed a rework its been made pretty useless now giving classes such as magicka warden not a lot of options when it comes to reliable cc's. I don't really understand what direction these changes are going in but it seems stuns are becoming harder and harder to achieve with certain classes. Maybe a dev can clarify the vision?
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AntonioP
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surprisingly, I've come to main a Dizzying Swing StamSorc this patch. StamNecro and Stamden are still leagues ahead, but it just feels too good to play. Between Dizzying and Dawnbreaker, I think I have more than enough damage and stuns on this particular class.
    Edited by Vermethys on March 11, 2020 12:09PM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Dizzying Swing is going to keep anywhere near the same level of damage that it has now, it should be completely decoupled from any stun mechanic. Stamina builds should be forced to slot another ability and use resources and a GCD in order to stun, just like Magicka builds do.

'Course, ZOS also needs to ensure that every build has access to at least one worthwhile CC.