The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Summerset Tower House Request

Tigerseye
Tigerseye
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Already mentioned this on another Summerset housing request thread, but thought it might be a good idea to make a separate thread, as well.

I would like to put in a, hopeful, request for this tower:

90L08Il.png

RPsyJjV.png

This exact tower (with a few modications), in the same location, ideally:

JTQKyqG.png

Ideally, it would have 4 floors, with a spiral staircase (running around the outside of the wall) linking the 3 in the tower.

Would need to add some windows, obviously.

If they were clear, so you could see the sea, that would be the icing on the cake!

Also, ideally, a back door (or two) that would lead to a terrace area at the back and/or a balcony overlooking the sea. :smile:

Here are some views from what would be the terrace:

NoMW90k.png

4yB4cmQ.png

f29nDFK.png

Could also add a wayshrine, for convenience, as the nearest one is a swim away!

This tower house should have a generous furnishing limit, for its size.

At the very least 600 and ideally, 700 slots.

So, like the Snow Globe, we can make the most of it.

Thanks for your time. :smile:
  • SpaceElf
    SpaceElf
    ✭✭✭
    Oh gods yes, please
    Options
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many Alinor assets that would be amazing to have, but I am guessing it will take years to get something new.

An example of amazing architecture is the Illumination Academy, but also the rural houses are fascinating. You can see the amount of work the devs put into this zone. That's why I think it is a shame that we don't have access to the building blocks they used. The potential is huge.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
    Options
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    There are so many Alinor assets that would be amazing to have, but I am guessing it will take years to get something new.

An example of amazing architecture is the Illumination Academy, but also the rural houses are fascinating. You can see the amount of work the devs put into this zone. That's why I think it is a shame that we don't have access to the building blocks they used. The potential is huge.

I have been really wanting a two piece furnishing set that is the portal to the college of Sapiarch.

You could only place two in your house and be able to teleport from one end to the other. This would be very useful for the grand psijiic villa.
    Options
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One in Auridon style would be of much more interest to me.

Or psijic.

I have to confess that I'm feeling a bit neglected in the housing department for my altmer. Which factors into my decision on which character I'll end up maining.

Disregarding all things Alinor, there's no manor. Mathiiesen isn't bad but it's the only real contender. Cliffshade is beautiful and functional but there's no garden.
    Options
  • Eric_Prince
    Eric_Prince
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to have a real alinor house. Somewhere out of city, with nice garden. Every other DLCs had more houses than Summerset, btw. But I believe we'll never have anything new.
    To be the Chosen One really sounds like lots of fun,
    But in the end you'll just be someone's lunch
    (c)
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    One in Auridon style would be of much more interest to me.

Or psijic.

I have to confess that I'm feeling a bit neglected in the housing department for my altmer. Which factors into my decision on which character I'll end up maining.

Disregarding all things Alinor, there's no manor. Mathiiesen isn't bad but it's the only real contender. Cliffshade is beautiful and functional but there's no garden.

Mathiisen is awful, in my opinion.

Why does it have no doorways, off the hallway, as you enter the front door?

Especially when the in-game houses it was copied from do...

You have to run around in a massive circle to get to the only two real rooms, on either side.

Which, incidentally, also have those weird, raised areas on the outer edges of the floors...

Then you have to run back around, again, to get back out.

Bad enough for a questing house to be that way, let alone for player housing.

The whole thing is like a massive corridor.

Like some grim, Victorian hospital, or institution.

Has a nice garden, but that is about it.
    Edited by Tigerseye on March 14, 2020 10:00AM
    Options
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to be a naysayer, but that tower house will never happen.
    Houses exclusively utilize existing assets, and not a single one of the towers like that can be entered in the game, thus they never created interior assets for it, thus it won't be a house.

They could of course patch together something from what they do have, but it would never match the exterior, and would be cumbersome at best.

I would also love a tower home like this, but unless they devote actual dev hours to generating new alinor assets for a tower interior like that, I just don't see it happening.
    Plus, there's only a couple windows and a ledge (not a real balcony) on the very top. The rest of the interior would be very dark and claustrophobic.
    Options
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Mathiisen is awful, in my opinion.

Yes. Functionally the layout is odd. Far from my favourite in that department. But I think I might be able to work with it. And aesthetically I like it.
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Has a nice garden, but that is about it.

That's how I feel about the psijic villa. Gorgeous garden and ocean but I don't love the house.

Mainly appearance but the layout is also a bit odd, eg. the subterranean bathroom which comes off the main hall.
    Options
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    Every other DLCs had more houses than Summerset, btw. But I believe we'll never have anything new.

Not so. All 4. Though they've varied in array of sizes and cost.

Morrowind

St Delyn Penthouse
    Ald Velothi Harbor House
    Amaya Lake Lodge
    Tel Galen Tower

Summerset

Golden Gryphon Garret
    Alinor Crest Townhouse
    Colossal Aldmeri Grotto
    Grand Psijic Villa

Elsweyr (Northern)

Sugar Bowl Suite