Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Language changed to German, seriously?

Raudgrani
Raudgrani
✭✭✭✭✭
So. Updated game. Now it's in German. And yes, I saw the thing with changing locale/language, but of course - as with all your other "fixes"; it didn't fix anything.

Thing is, I know German pretty well, but wtf? I don't suddenly want to change the entire language of a game I've been playing since 2016. Fix this immediately. It's shameful, stupid, embarrassing and extremely frustrating, that your grand "bug fix" patch lets us see this, as the very first thing. I'm pretty amazed. Honestly.
  • ligeglad
    ligeglad
    ✭✭
    Same problem?
    How do i set it to english again?
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ligeglad wrote: »
    Same problem?
    How do i set it to english again?

Here's the "solution" some ZOS employee will likely pop in here and give you: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49857

Just a small problem, at least for me, it didn't change anything whatsoever in the game. Just every other game/app.
  • ligeglad
    ligeglad
    ✭✭
    Got it!
    No problems!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    This is an issue our development team is currently investigating. Posted above is our help article with a workaround for this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    This is an issue our development team is currently investigating. Posted above is our help article with a workaround for this issue.

It just doesn't work either. I've tried English/E American/E UK and locale United Kingdom and USA, but there's no fooling this game. It knows my moms German, and makes me suffer for it. I don't get any dialogue whatsoever to download language packs, nothing starts by itself, and the game sure remains in German. Can't be bothered to play until this is resolved, the weird guessing game of what every set/name/location etc. is in German, is just too much.
  • MaxiMystery
    MaxiMystery
    Soul Shriven
    Also tried your fix for language and it doesn't work. My boyfriend's xbox was already on English and even his is now German. I have played since launch, seen a fair bit of "bleeep" but this is the first time I actually consider leaving the game. I got 18 characters on each server and had plus forever, so I know I will not be missed as I already put enormous amounts of time and money into the game. Thank you dev's for finally pushing me away
  • Hati
    Hati
    ✭✭✭
    that "workaround" actually worked pretty well to me and my guildmates

Try like this: theres 3 things to change, the location, the language, and the language region, the last one its what you have to change, try to change english (united states) to Englis (united kingdom), reset your console and try again, if that don't work try other English region

Ps: you will know that worked, when the game offers a patch (7.13gb) to download.

Wish you godspeed
    Edited by Hati on March 11, 2020 12:18PM
    The one who hates.

• Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hati wrote: »
    that "workaround" actually worked pretty well to me and my guildmates

Try like this: theres 3 things to change, the location, the language, and the language region, the last one its what you have to change, try to change english (united states) to Englis (united kingdom), reset your console and try again, if that don't work try other English region

Ps: you will know that worked, when the game offers a patch (7.13gb) to download.

Wish you godspeed

Yeah. That's whay I've done. No "language pack" downloading. I'm by no means an idiot, and can follow a few steps of simple instructions. it doesn't work for me. I've seen languages being downloaded to a lot of other apps/games doing this, but not ESO. When I check info on the game, it says it's in "DE" (Deutsch/German). When things doesn't work, it's not ALWAYS my fault. ;-)
  • Jaguar7Mx
    Jaguar7Mx
    ✭✭
    Same problem..i am in Mexico and i love this game and always i try to understand the the english language because i don´t know why ESO dont want to do a Spanish versión. But now this game in GERMAN language is TOO MUCHHH! Why ESO...WHY?...is sad...:(
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeder sollte wissen, wie man Deutsch liest
  • Jaguar7Mx
    Jaguar7Mx
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »

tienes razón y también deberían aprender español :p
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

I do, but Germans need to stop f*****g up all names of things/places the game! :D