The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

HELP! Which Upgrade or DLC to Buy for all Major Content!

strawbree94
Good Afternoon all, I am a returning ESO player and have not played since before Orsinium. Slowly getting back on track with where i left off and loving the changes and amount of content thats been added over the years I have been away but now i am at a crossroad and require some advise as I am getting mixed results searching for an answer.

I was about to buy the Digital Collectors Edition Elsweyr Upgrade as it tells me I would get the Morrowind and Summerset Collectors items also but now i am reading that even though this may be so, I will not be given the Morrowind and Summerset DLC's just the Collectors items? I find this strange as I understand the many many minor DLC's (Imperial City, Hiss etc) will need seperate purchases or having ESO plus (which i will have :D) to venture into but am i seriously going to need to buy the FULL Elsweyr game just to get Morrowind and Summerset? So buying the Base game again basically... Or am i going to need to buy the CE Upgrade for all the CE items and Elsweyr Upg then have to buy Morrowind and Summerset separately?

Sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate any assistance given :D

Kindest Regards

Strawbree
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We call it ESO+
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Moridin_82
    Moridin_82
    ✭✭✭
    Morrowind and summerset are free with eso plus 👊👍
    Edited by Moridin_82 on March 9, 2020 3:48PM
  • strawbree94
    @dazee @Moridin_82
    Appreciate your swift replies :D! I realise you get everything with ESO Plus and will defo be subscribing :D but thought it may be better to own the MAJOR dlc's? Or is there not really a difference?

I mean is there any downfall to NOT owning all the Dlc's and just paying for ESO Plus?
  • Moridin_82
    Moridin_82
    ✭✭✭
    Dont remember what u get sorry but prob a costume and a Mount xp pot👍

Pretty sure u check them in the crown store
    Edited by Moridin_82 on March 9, 2020 4:00PM
  • strawbree94
    So the only difference is the consumables you get from the buying the DLC? Other than that you get EVERYTHING else in ESO plus?
  • Moridin_82
    Moridin_82
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
  • Moridin_82
    Moridin_82
    ✭✭✭
    So the only difference is the consumables you get from the buying the DLC? Other than that you get EVERYTHING else in ESO plus?

U Will not get latest chapter btw
  • strawbree94
    I will not get Elsweyr? or you mean the upcoming Greymoor?
  • strawbree94
    I thought ESO + gave you access to ALL current DLCs
  • Moridin_82
    Moridin_82
    ✭✭✭
    I will not get Elsweyr? or you mean the upcoming Greymoor?

Both u need to buy 1 off those
  • Moridin_82
    Moridin_82
    ✭✭✭
    If u see yourself playing when greymoor comes buy that one
  • strawbree94
    Thanks for the help :P think im even more confused now though xD So will need to buy Elsweyr ATLEAST for latest content? and ESO + for access to the rest before Elsweyr? is this Correct?

Crazy! So I buy Elsweyr now and then Greymoor comes out i gotta buy that and then Elsweyr becomes available in the ESO+ xD? Mad money making tactics right now
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought ESO + gave you access to ALL current DLCs

It's a bit of a confusing system.

ESO+ includes access to all DLCs but the latest chapter is considered a "chapter" and not a "DLC" so it is not included. Once the next chapter is released the previous chapter gets downgraded to DLC and becomes part of ESO+.
  • Moridin_82
    Moridin_82
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help :P think im even more confused now though xD So will need to buy Elsweyr ATLEAST for latest content? and ESO + for access to the rest before Elsweyr? is this Correct?

Crazy! So I buy Elsweyr now and then Greymoor comes out i gotta buy that and then Elsweyr becomes available in the ESO+ xD? Mad money making tactics right now

Just buy greymoor pretty sure u get Elsweyr. Anyone know 100%?
    Edited by Moridin_82 on March 9, 2020 4:16PM
  • strawbree94
    @Royaji Thanks for the reply, I see coming from 15 years of WoW just hard to imagine paying for every DLC every time you wanna play a new account or something. But understandable none the less with the FTP features etc.

So my question now is should I maybe just get ESO+ and work on all content through the other DLC's and Summerset/Morrowind? Is there enough to keep me going until Greymoor? As i might aswell wait for that then and buy the Collectors or something that way i save paying for Elsweyr now and then Greymoor in a few months!
  • Moridin_82
    Moridin_82
    ✭✭✭
    Yes also u dont need to worry about collect gear sets before u get too 160cp

Check alcast and xynode for guides
  • strawbree94
    Thank you for all your advise i think i will stick with ESO plus+ until Greymoor then just to ensure not wasting money really... DO you get Elsweyr etc with the Pre Purchase of Greymoor or we waiting on its release first?

My Templar is 50 and just reached CP 161 as of yesterday so im on the gearing part now just trying to figure where in the world i am and what im doing xD did many quest lines back in the day just finished crafting a Hundings full set at 160 so i can start doing things without getting facerolled by everything! But apart from that i guess ill find the first bit of content from Imperial City and move up from there!!!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Afternoon all, I am a returning ESO player and have not played since before Orsinium. Slowly getting back on track with where i left off and loving the changes and amount of content thats been added over the years I have been away but now i am at a crossroad and require some advise as I am getting mixed results searching for an answer.

I was about to buy the Digital Collectors Edition Elsweyr Upgrade as it tells me I would get the Morrowind and Summerset Collectors items also but now i am reading that even though this may be so, I will not be given the Morrowind and Summerset DLC's just the Collectors items? I find this strange as I understand the many many minor DLC's (Imperial City, Hiss etc) will need seperate purchases or having ESO plus (which i will have :D) to venture into but am i seriously going to need to buy the FULL Elsweyr game just to get Morrowind and Summerset? So buying the Base game again basically... Or am i going to need to buy the CE Upgrade for all the CE items and Elsweyr Upg then have to buy Morrowind and Summerset separately?

Sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate any assistance given :D

Kindest Regards

Strawbree

ESO+ for a month and test.
    But the gold edition for £5 on eBay for IC, Ors (vMA), DB, TG

Alot of the rest is just dungeons.

Buy a chapter if keen on that particular content
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    So my question now is should I maybe just get ESO+ and work on all content through the other DLC's and Summerset/Morrowind? Is there enough to keep me going until Greymoor? As i might aswell wait for that then and buy the Collectors or something that way i save paying for Elsweyr now and then Greymoor in a few months!

If you are going to quest through all the previous zones / clear map / etc, then yes, I personally would just get ESO plus and wait for Greymoor. You'd be hard pressed to clear all the content in prior DLC / chapters before Greymoor release.