Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Moving standard UI frames

Trincasidra
Trincasidra
Soul Shriven
Hi all! First of all, I do know about Azurah, but since it relies on LibStub, I'd rather not use it. And since my needs are simple (moving target and party/raid frames), I thought I'd just make my own quick Addon, especially since I've done my share in wow already. But I can't seem to figure out how to access/move the standard UI frames. I'm not sure I get the difference between frame and control - if it's even needed for this?

These are my failed attempts so far:
local targetFrame = _G["ZO_TargetUnitFrame"]
local targetFrame = ZO_TargetUnitFrame
local targetFrame = UnitFrames:GetFrame("ZO_TargetUnitFrame")
local targetFrame = ZO_UnitFrames_GetUnitFrame("ZO_TargetUnitFrame")
local targetFrame = ZO_UnitFrames_GetUnitFrame("reticleover")

And then:
targetFrame:ClearAnchors()
targetFrame:SetAnchor(ZO_Anchor:New(TOP, GuiRoot, TOP, 0, 0))

Any and all help is appreciated!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Libstub simply reports the version of the addon, it has no impact on the functionality of an addon. All that has changed is LibStub is no longer needed. Kind like your Appendix....

Anyway, Advanced UI allows frames to be moved. Poke around under the hood of that addon for some insight. Or, just use it.

Edited by Nestor on March 9, 2020 2:16PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Trincasidra
    Trincasidra
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reply! What do you mean by "my appendix"?

I've started checking Advanced UI and I think I'm finding some useful stuff. I did tinker Lui and DarkUI, but didn't have much luck with them.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a vestigial organ from back when we ate anything that was on the ground or dead or whatever. It used to serve a purpose, but is no longer needed.

https://www.onhealth.com/content/1/appendicitis_appendectomy

And, if it goes bad, you want to get it removed as quickly as possible.

Basically, if you get a sharp pain in your gut that gets worse after you press on it and release, then go to the hospital immediately.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Trincasidra
    Trincasidra
    Soul Shriven
    Oh yeah, sorry I thought it was some type jargon about the code, not the actual biology one :S

Anyways, thanks. I've gutted Advanced UI also, and I found stuff for the party frames, but not for the target frame, so I'm starting to believe maybe it's not accessible? - there's not even a mover for it when unlocking anchors. Other things like experience bar or notifications also don't seem to be moving (even though AUI does show a mover).

In the end any way I try to access the target frame I find out it's always nil T__T