The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

About PVP and PVE dungeons' gear

lucablue
lucablue
✭✭
Hi,
I'd like to know about the special gears and other items found in dungeons (normal, veteran and so on). Are they important in PvP alliance war in the game?
I mean, if I won't do group's dungeon, but I want fight for my alliance, is it possible (may be to get special gear by killink players) or without dungeon's gear I'll be really weak?

Thank you for help
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It all depends on your build.

Balance in this game is better in reality than the perception says it is. There are tons of builds that will allow you to be effective in PvP. The differences in the top build are 1% to 3%, and that is not what is killing you. However, the forum warriors will declare from the rooftops that 1% matters.

Your Rotation and, to an extent, Resource Management, count for far more than your gear towards success.

In other words, you could have the best possible gear combo for your race and class, and still get wrecked by someone who knows what they are doing in in Purple Crafted and Overworld Dropped Sets.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucablue wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'd like to know about the special gears and other items found in dungeons (normal, veteran and so on). Are they important in PvP alliance war in the game?
    I mean, if I won't do group's dungeon, but I want fight for my alliance, is it possible (may be to get special gear by killink players) or without dungeon's gear I'll be really weak?

Thank you for help

Craftable armor is good enough to be effective in pvp but to get monster helmets and shoulders you will need to do pve to get keys.
  • lucablue
    lucablue
    ✭✭
    Thank you, but can you be more clear?

I'm not interested to 1vs1 pvp, but just combat with the alliance vs other alliance in war, not duel.

I want just to know if is enogh to be skilled to combat (with the right char skills) or the gear the character wear is really matter (like wow)
  • lucablue
    lucablue
    ✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank you for help

Craftable armor is good enough to be effective in pvp but to get monster helmets and shoulders you will need to do pve to get keys.

ok for pledge, but I think I can do it in solo or pug mode, is it right?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can do Dungeons using the GF to get the Helms you want. Shoulders come from Keys.

Note, to farm a dungeon, your PvP Guild would be a good place to find a group for that. You can run the place over and over again if you need to.

Also, you want Impenetrable on your gear. Learn that trait on the various armor pieces you will wear. This way you can Transmute the Trait of you helms and shoulders.

• EmrisDovahLord
    Getting a monster set (Helmet and shoulders) will do wonders for any build. A side from that crafted and even overworld sets will be fine for group play. Solo play is more where you need to pump out every last ounce of power and survivability.

The best advice I could give on sets is definitely get a monster set. Then work on getting sets that synergize well with your build and playstyle. I would aim to make every piece of gear at least purple quality. If you cant make it all the way to gold. Then work to get weapons to gold.

Keep in mind though some of the best sets for pvp content come from overworld and group dungeons.
    Edited by EmrisDovahLord on March 9, 2020 6:22PM
  • lucablue
    lucablue
    ✭✭
    Thank you all for suggestions and comment.

Just another question, the armor pieces taken by pvp are good for pve and viceversa? Or I need to create 2 different build (that I hate)?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can run a Vet Dungeon to farm a Helm, you can handle most PvE content.

There are no Crit Attacks in PvE, so your better off with Traits like Infused or Divines or Sturdy as the case may be.

However, most content outside of Hard Mode Vet DLC Trials is doable with any decent gear.

• mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want just to know if is enogh to be skilled to combat (with the right char skills) or the gear the character wear is really matter (like wow)

There are drops, crafting stations and merchands in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds have a merchand.

You PvP and earn alliance points and with those you buy gear. Its a slight lottery until you get what you need but it works. Some items you can also buy from the guild stores.