The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Make a PvP morph to grave grasp.

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
As it currently stands, this ability is completely redundant in PvP and necroes desperately need some sort of offensive stun.

So why not redesign the empowering grasp morph and make it a PvP morph?

It could be a single target ability that immobilizes upon cast, inflicts minor maim for 5-8 seconds and give the caster empowerment or minor/major sorcery for X seconds.

No way that would be overpowered, and it would give neceroes something unique to their class. Furthermore, the cool animation where the skeletal hands come out of the ground already exists, so there wouldn't have to be made any new animations.

Do you guys have any other ideas for how to make this ability useful in PvP?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you aware that a root isn't a stun and that the skill already has a root?
    Not saying the skill is good in its current state but your suggestion doesn't help necromancer offensive wise at all.

Major sorcery - accessible via entropy or pots
    Empowerment - still not gonna make magnecro have anything outside of the current one dimensional spammable+ bombers and every 20sec harmony grave robber
    Root - absolutely unnecessary, doesn't force any hits and is just an annoyance while getting zerged.

Want to give grave grasp an offensive morph?
    Use the last boss from UG (and other necromancer NPCs).
    His Spikes skill does damage on hit and when they break.
    Just make change one morph to have this mechanic of sending out those spikes, when they hit an enemy they deal damage and explode after 0.5 seconds for a bigger chunk of damage, on hit they grant major sorcery but they don't root.

This gives necromancer a skill that gets stronger the more enemies you face kinda like deto (as more spikes explode) while giving necromancer a tool to combat cloak and having more damage in general.

Is this a candidate for an offensive CC? Rather not, the range morph of totem is more capable of being reworked to be an instant offensive single target stun.
    Why? First of all because that morph doesn't see much useage at all and it would force people to make a choice, do they want an offensive stun or a defensive one.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First they have to fix the way that skill works. Half the time I use it my pets wont get buffed because theyre all over the place and not where Grasp is.

We could have Grasp buff Blastbones and make it stun the enemy it hits. Or have Skeletal Mage's next attack to be a stun
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about we stop it with all those multi layered Stuns?
    The best stun in the game we have is fossilize and even the less used morph is far better than any other CC.

You press it, you stun the enemy nothing else,
    no hitting the skill 3 times, no waiting for 2 seconds, no "do the chicken dance while you drink a scotch from 1743 out of a hat with a single plum" to get a stun, and that's what we need more of in this game.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The root morph is helpful for tanks, and already useful. The Empower morph is weird, and doesn't buff anyone enough to justify its high cost.

Not every class needs a stun, but I would look at that morph instead of the other one
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    How about we stop it with all those multi layered Stuns?
    The best stun in the game we have is fossilize and even the less used morph is far better than any other CC.

You press it, you stun the enemy nothing else,
    no hitting the skill 3 times, no waiting for 2 seconds, no "do the chicken dance while you drink a scotch from 1743 out of a hat with a single plum" to get a stun, and that's what we need more of in this game.

but I like that scotch
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, we have the fear totem, you can also get circle of protection, dizzying swing, weakness to elements, bow knock back, shield stun.

You have so many stuns, what else do you want?
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean, we have the fear totem, you can also get circle of protection, dizzying swing, weakness to elements, bow knock back, shield stun.

Every single one of those stuns is either stamina based and not sustainable for magnecros or isn't even a stun "weakness of elements"

On top of that using bow on a magspec is just laughable
    Fear totem has a 2 second delay and you need someone to be generous enough to stand in there to be stunned
    Dizzying isn't an instant CC
    Circle of protection has a delay that makes it unusable vs people running away from you

Only reverb is a stun you could use but due to casttimes you can't combo it with a ult because anyone will just avoid the ult afterwards and it's still a stamina skill.

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make it like Defensive Rune + Fossilize/Stormfist. When you attack the MagNecro, you are immobilized in response. A skeletal hand then reaches for the player. If the player does not break the immobilization, they are stunned when the skeletal hand closes after x seconds. Maybe worse things happen to you after the stun, or if you are CC immune and can't be stunned. Also needs an appropriate cooldown.

Give Mag Necros something cool and class defining. Make it magic cost and scaled such that Stamcros don't just use it to get even better.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make it like Defensive Rune + Fossilize/Stormfist. When you attack the MagNecro, you are immobilized in response. A skeletal hand then reaches for the player. If the player does not break the immobilization, they are stunned when the skeletal hand closes after x seconds. Maybe worse things happen to you after the stun, or if you are CC immune and can't be stunned. Also needs an appropriate cooldown.

Give Mag Necros something cool and class defining. Make it magic cost and scaled such that Stamcros don't just use it to get even better.

Or just a stun that instantly stuns the enemy?
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The totem is situationally very nice, but it doesn't fill the role of an offense-oriented stun. It's totally ineffectual against anyone trying to run away, or most any ranged player that has a brain.

Weakness to Elements doesn't CC at all, and the other abilities you listed are all well and good for Stamina Necromancers, but worthless for Magicka builds. Are you one of the bajillion people out there who seem to have forgotten that Magicka Necromancers even exist?

Grave Grasp might not be the #1 candidate for a class-based stun for Necromancers, IMO, but I think it'd be fine if ZOS wanted to make some changes to it. I don't think anyone actually uses Empowering Grasp in either PvP or PvE, and the only person I've seen use the Ghostly Embrace morph in PvP was playing a full-on healer/support build (and no longer plays, as far as I can tell). The circles are simply too slow, clunky, and unreliable for PvP, and get outshined so much by Bombard spam.
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    Just make the first pulse of the totem instant when you drop it, if it’s to broken cuz it’s a ranged aoe fear, give a 5-10 Meter range only for dropping it

Problem solved
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it needs a PvE morph too. It's pretty awkward and lackluster.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it needs a PvE morph too. It's pretty awkward and lackluster.

You mean like the whole necromancer class, based on something deemed to fail because 5 skills aren't able to satisfy both PvE and PvP needs and have a unique feel to them?