The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where did you put your greenhouse?

TheImperfect
TheImperfect
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm just curious where everyone put their greenhouses. I tried mine in several locations and narrowed it down to about 3. I liked it in Halls of the Collosus in the Halls of the Lunar Champion at the side with the waterfall, higher up than ground level so would need stairs up and doorway facing out to the lake.
I liked it in Grand Psijic at the front over the small waterfall (left hand side facing the building) but I felt like it spoiled my view of the moons.
I finally settled with having it at the back right side of the Grand Psijic home to the right of the big waterfall at the back.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still thinking about mine. I don't own Lucky Cat's Landing myself, but I liked the idea @Tigerseye posted about using it to extend the little porch there. It struck me as a nice middle ground for people who were inspired by @Zypheran's amazing build there but lack the time or means to do something so expansive.

I was also really taken with the image @Ye_Olde_Crowe posted of their "chill-out lounge" in the middle of the water at Moon-Sugar Meadow. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6646377/#Comment_6646377
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought two and they are currently sitting in my Grand Psijic warehouse. I'm still trying to find a property where I can build an astronomical complex and plan to use one of the greenhouses in it. The other I intend to use as a greenhouse and/or four seasons room but I haven't settled on which house yet. With the amount of space needed to hold the greenhouse it does require a house with a good sized outdoor area.

Ebonheart Chateau is one house where I thought it would fit if you removed the existing plants on either side of the front courtyard but the house is somewhat gloomy with all of the volcanic ash. Linchal Grand Manor looks like another but I have never been in one so am going by pictures I've seen. It is a house I'm considering buying next time it is available for sale. Mathiisen Manor has a nice spot to the right of the house where I think the greenhouse will fit. It is also a 300/600 item house so should decorate out to look fairly complete. I only wish you could access the ramparts and towers. This is the house I'm currently putting aside gold for to purchase and will likely use the greenhouse in it.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put one on either side of my Linchal. My house already has lots of garden space, so I wanted to keep my greenhouses nice and simple.

lwhp2exwwav2.jpg

The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Vinterskald
    Vinterskald
    ✭✭✭
    I've also yet to decide where to use them. If anything, this weekend reminded me that my biggest wish for housing would still be a small Summerset cottage with a greenhouse... so now that I have the greenhouse, I only need the cottage :sweat_smile: On EU, where I have a few options less since all my gold and achievements are on the other server (and I'm too lazy to get all that on both servers...), I simply put it next to my Cyrodiilic Jungle House. It fits there quite nicely, with very minor clipping issues. :) But of course you're quite limited there with regards to furniture slots, sadly.
    Barra agea ry sou karan.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the Alinor Townhouse :D (still under construction)

pzj5fna5vohn.png
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I prefer my plants to be outside as nature intended.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in my bank...

I am slow decorator lol
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    I'm just curious where everyone put their greenhouses. I tried mine in several locations and narrowed it down to about 3. I liked it in Halls of the Collosus in the Halls of the Lunar Champion at the side with the waterfall, higher up than ground level so would need stairs up and doorway facing out to the lake.
    I liked it in Grand Psijic at the front over the small waterfall (left hand side facing the building) but I felt like it spoiled my view of the moons.
    I finally settled with having it at the back right side of the Grand Psijic home to the right of the big waterfall at the back.

That's where I put mine! Well, my hubby did it first, and I liked it so well that I did the same.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As @Aisleyne wrote, I set up mine in the waters of the Moonsugar Meadow.
    The Meadow is my festival/event site, with stages and tents and a rave area and a souvenir shop and so on, and swimming (or paddling) to the Greenhouse Chill-out Lounge with its carpets and pillows and skooma bubbler and soothing music is another highlight ;).
    It would be even better if you could see the slaughterfish from the inside... they lurk out there, waiting for exhausted party-goers to swim to the Greenhouse's backside.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put mine in the Psijic Villa, where I think it fits best.

1) Over the left waterfall:
    I am trying to fill it with planters, maybe give it an alchemy twist
    uV8utGK.png
    tX5KylU.png

2) On top the large semi-circular structure at the entrance:
    Ra5MAHw.png
    Here I tried to place it right in the center, and discovered that the stucture is not perfectly aligned with the cathedral :blush:

I might move the greenhouse to the other side if they will release the windmill, which I might place over the waterfall.
    It is great that we got these items, I was losing interest in the villa, and now I am working on it again!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is saving those she bought for now.

Until a suitable, wide open, location that this one has not already filled with stuff can be found.

This one is mostly an outdoor and open space user so when the time and the land is available she will make good use of them yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Potentates. Though It’s empty until I have time to create planters. Why we’re getting another impractically large piece this week (windmill) instead of the lovely planters I just don’t understand.
  • TrinityDivine
    TrinityDivine
    ✭✭
    I put mine in Moonsugar Meadow. I am in the process of building a wedding venue around it, with the greenhouse as the chapel. Need. More. Trees.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potentates. Though It’s empty until I have time to create planters. Why we’re getting another impractically large piece this week (windmill) instead of the lovely planters I just don’t understand.

I know its been mentioned a few times, the windmill, but how come everyone knows about it already?
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @mrsrobot data mine. It’s possible to see when new item IDs are added and the popup nameplate for the item.

Luxury furnishings run on a 2 week theme, so once the first set of new items are out it’s not hard to figure out the second week.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on March 10, 2020 2:17PM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mrsrobot data mine. It’s possible to see when new item IDs are added and the popup nameplate for the item.

Luxury furnishings run on a 2 week theme, so once the first set of new items are out it’s not hard to figure out the second week.

OK many thanks. Thanks also everyone for adding your greenhouse locations.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mrsrobot , the location you chose sounds absolutely stunning!

I put mine in my Linchal gardens as an outdoor wedding chapel.

9802f17h8etk.png
    esnx6h2wcvnt.png
    wfigadk3clna.png
  • fyrestrtr88
    fyrestrtr88
    ✭✭
    Princely Dawnlight Has 2 : )
    1 Indoors, 1 Outdoors

Jode’s Embrace Has 1 Indoors

d0e1yuoptj6j.jpeg
    04ehovgghb4d.jpeg
    w4ty98ageojc.jpeg
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    Potentate's. It looks great facing the pool. Not sure what to put inside it yet, though.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't decorated it yet, but i put it in the water off the dock in the Grand Psijic Villa

unknown.png

Was seriously tempted to buy a bunch and put them all out there with little bridges, but in the end the idea of more space to decorate in the Villa seemed like a very bad idea...
  • Murse_Joy
    Murse_Joy
    Soul Shriven
    Lots of great looking greenhouses in here.

I placed mine in my lil Snugpod. Currently in the process of transforming it into a 3 story house, with the greenhouse (or at least the parts I could fit) as the third floor.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My 5 greenhouses are arranged in Coldhaurbor like a freakish abandoned neigborhood with 15 pretty trees in the middle. Scary.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Delphinia wrote: »

esnx6h2wcvnt.png

How? Where did you get the stained glass from?

[PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't used mine yet, but the wheels are certainly turning with possibilities. Love seeing what others have done with it.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used mine as an addition to the home I built on MoonSugar Meadows. I had a tiny dining area before, but now it opens onto the greenhouse that will be the new dining area. It was an easy change, just knocked out a window and turned it into a doorway.
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Placed mine in MoonSugar Meadows, its work in progress 0b9d2r966lu3.jpg
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    @mrsrobot , the location you chose sounds absolutely stunning!

9802f17h8etk.png
    esnx6h2wcvnt.png
    wfigadk3clna.png

Looks gorgeous
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    Placed mine in MoonSugar Meadows, its work in progress 0b9d2r966lu3.jpg

Looks fantastic.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you so much @kind_hero ! It is "Window, Divine Mara" using the addon EHT "fx".
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My succulent house located on the beach at Hundings :)

Screenshot-20200312-014509.png

Screenshot-20200312-014344.png
    Edited by freespirit on March 12, 2020 2:26AM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!