The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The game is so unresponsive I just feel like giving up in 90% of PvP. Your performance fix sucks.

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
The game has become so incredibly clunky, wonky, and unresponsive when it comes to pressing attacks and pretty much doing anything in PVP, that whenever somebody even starts running from me I just give up and go on my merry way or in case of group fights, just stand and die. It's really not worth damaging my mental health over the insane frustration you've created. No thank you.

It's so incredibly frustrating seeing somebody actually standing within range but seeing my attacks do absolutely nothing - Not fire off, not hit... And it's especially hilarious and crying inducing when you see your ability fire, your stamina/magicka consumed, but NOTHING HAPPENS LOL. Oh yeah and for some reason, on certain occasions, it's exactly the opposite. I'm well AWAY from range of anyone's attacks or AOE, yet i still keep getting hit LOL, even after I'm hiding behind a corner for good 2-3 seconds already, this dude keeps hitting me. And all the attacks are so DESYNCHRONISED that I recieve 3 of them within a fraction of a second :joy::joy:

Whenever somebody starts to LOS i just feel like logging out on the spot, because its impossible to catch them in 90% of cases. The other 10% its quite frankly shockingly easy LOL, where that person doesn't evene expect it. What the hell have you done to my favourite game ZOS, what is this nonsense?

On top of everything above whenever i try to animation (mostly bash/block cancel) anything more than twice in a row, the game just creates an artificial queue of attacks and everything i do hits in a strange skipping sequence, even after I'm well on my way 40 meters away from someone, they still get my bash attack hits registered. All this happens while playing on ~60ms latency/ping and 90-100 FPS

And the next best thing you know... You log into the forums and see:
PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 9 :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

What a joke.
Edited by Nyladreas on March 8, 2020 1:11PM
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I don't think this will be fixed for a while. I know they're looking into it but I am pessimistic about this one. For now, I've been forced to play only in the morning... Which means only on the weekend. Sucks but that's just how it is.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was gonna make this patch the one I came back for (after not playing since October) but after reading forums and seeing some streams, Im stay away.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    The game has become so incredibly clunky, wonky, and unresponsive when it comes to pressing attacks and pretty much doing anything in PVP, that whenever somebody even starts running from me I just give up and go on my merry way or in case of group fights, just stand and die. It's really not worth damaging my mental health over the insane frustration you've created. No thank you.

It's so incredibly frustrating seeing somebody actually standing within range but seeing my attacks do absolutely nothing - Not fire off, not hit... And it's especially hilarious and crying inducing when you see your ability fire, your stamina/magicka consumed, but NOTHING HAPPENS LOL. Oh yeah and for some reason, on certain occasions, it's exactly the opposite. I'm well AWAY from range of anyone's attacks or AOE, yet i still keep getting hit LOL, even after I'm hiding behind a corner for good 2-3 seconds already, this dude keeps hitting me. And all the attacks are so DESYNCHRONISED that I recieve 3 of them within a fraction of a second :joy::joy:

Whenever somebody starts to LOS i just feel like logging out on the spot, because its impossible to catch them in 90% of cases. The other 10% its quite frankly shockingly easy LOL, where that person doesn't evene expect it. What the hell have you done to my favourite game ZOS, what is this nonsense?

On top of everything above whenever i try to animation (mostly bash/block cancel) anything more than twice in a row, the game just creates an artificial queue of attacks and everything i do hits in a strange skipping sequence, even after I'm well on my way 40 meters away from someone, they still get my bash attack hits registered. All this happens while playing on ~60ms latency/ping and 90-100 FPS

PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 9 :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

What a joke.

[Snip]

Nice to see the forums quickly turning into a highschool cafeteria. Just jump to their own ideas instead of looking for the facts. First 9f many fixes on different levels so they can identify areas of issues through out the year instead of dropping it in one single go and not able to find the issues in the mess, like maint. Etc.

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, we recently adjusted the maintenance banners to indicate there is no longer a PC incremental patch scheduled for Monday, March 9. While we were performing final checks for the build this afternoon, we noticed one of the fixes was causing some new issues affecting combat. We have made the decision to delay the incremental patch until we're able to fix this issue and ensure the patch is stable.

We’ll let you know when we have a new date scheduled for the patch.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/515533/pc-mac-maintenance-for-march-9-postponed#latest

[Snip]

[Removed for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on March 8, 2020 2:40PM
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% agree ma dood.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What a joke.

[Snip]

Nice to see the forums quickly turning into a highschool cafeteria. Just jump to their own ideas instead of looking for the facts. First 9f many fixes on different levels so they can identify areas of issues through out the year instead of dropping it in one single go and not able to find the issues in the mess, like maint. Etc.

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, we recently adjusted the maintenance banners to indicate there is no longer a PC incremental patch scheduled for Monday, March 9. While we were performing final checks for the build this afternoon, we noticed one of the fixes was causing some new issues affecting combat. We have made the decision to delay the incremental patch until we're able to fix this issue and ensure the patch is stable.

We’ll let you know when we have a new date scheduled for the patch.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/515533/pc-mac-maintenance-for-march-9-postponed#latest

[Snip]
    [Removed for baiting]

Would be nice if they posted stuff like this in the banner, honestly. :joy: My OP still stands. [Snip]

[Edited for removed content]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on March 8, 2020 2:40PM
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a huge mess atm. The performance improvement didn't work out so well. Ugh.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not only pvp...i started having u responsive skills in pve as well
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, expecting anything ZOS does to improve performance was beyond naïve. Doesn't matter what it says in their patch notes, those have been full of bug fixes that never worked for years, just empty words.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

As we've removed a few inappropriate and baiting comments, please remember that while it’s all right to disagree or even debate with each other, provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on March 8, 2020 2:45PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • tnichol
    tnichol
    Soul Shriven
    Unfortunately I don't think this will be fixed for a while. I know they're looking into it but I am pessimistic about this one. For now, I've been forced to play only in the morning... Which means only on the weekend. Sucks but that's just how it is.

You were right to be pessimistic. Still not fixed, still a joke.

I really love hitting buttons and watching NOTHING HAPPEN. Add in those loading screen flashes and it's such a blast. Yet new mounts and non-combat pets are being developed and sold. So that's something.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is what happens in 50% of all my PVP fights in Cyro (during peak hours)

1) Channeled acceleration and Momentum need to be pressed like 5 times to activate.

2) Assasin's Scourge not firing at all, only after 7-10 tries.

3) When I see a ball group approaching, my toon freezes like 20 meters away from them. Skills not firing and I am dead meat with no chance to help myself because of lag.

4) Getting 1-shot. No chance to block, roll-dodge or heal, as if the enemy player has fired 5 different skills in 0,5 sec against a standing dummy with LA between them.

5) Server kick when close to a siege or ball groups.

6) Getting hit by AOE although I have stepped away from it before the circles touched me.

7) Combat looks like playing Heroes of Might & Magic. Turn based.

Cyro was working better during MYM with bigger population than it does now. I believe this happened because ZOS gave more resources (aka hardware) to the Cyro server to satisfy the demand. Which leads me to the conclusion that a big portion of lag is caused by insuficient hardware and not only a broken game engine.

Edited by gatekeeper13 on July 11, 2020 10:09AM
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (PC-NA) It's unplayable garbage at this point - bad enough that I don't even bother properly equipping my characters for MYM, just follow the zergs wearing random PvE gear and spam light/heavy attacks, because that was literally the only thing that worked at all reliably.

Oh, and have I mentioned the constant disconnects/crashes whenever approaching (or even worse, trying to port into) large fights? Because I don't think I have, and that's utter BS as well.

Recently even my sieges are too "busy" to work at all, which is where I draw the line. If I can't use abilities and can't even mount (stuck in "combat"), then at least let me use my bloody sieges ZOS.

What a joke.
    To be fair, this so-called "maintenance" usually either doesn't help, or makes things even worse. Whatever.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just stay out of Cyro these days. It's not worth it.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

My post was from early March, and I effectively quit playing since then. Are you saying it's still as bad? 😂😂😂😂

Glad I've loosen the shackles of this hot garbage.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My post was from early March, and I effectively quit playing since then. Are you saying it's still as bad? 😂😂😂😂

It's actually worse!
    During Midyear Mayhem, in keep fights, my character would often be unable to cast skills or light attack. Only dodge, block and sprint would work. I'm not talking about a little lag, this went on for MINUTES at times. Stuff like that just made me give up on PvP, you just can't take it seriously anymore.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's actually worse!
    During Midyear Mayhem, in keep fights, my character would often be unable to cast skills or light attack. Only dodge, block and sprint would work. I'm not talking about a little lag, this went on for MINUTES at times. Stuff like that just made me give up on PvP, you just can't take it seriously anymore.

What an incredible shame. This game had the potential to be the best MMO out there. Now its just an empty shade of what could have been.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Time goes on but skills are still apparently waiting for like 3-5 presses to activate when there is 1-2 players around and on sieges physics engine just melts, what a joy to move around 1m in 10 sec.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    June 27, 2021 and this is still the case.
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    June 27, 2021 and this is still the case.

Even worse I'd say.

What a tremendous "year of performance" it was lol.

They should have mentioned that they were actually going to be making performance worse, not better.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • electriczzz
    electriczzz
    ✭✭✭
    +1 pvp is hardly playable at many times of the day, solo arenas are a disaster with questionable latency spikes as well which I cannot understand.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The positional de-sync can be pretty bad at times. Last night I was following my crown & was right behind them (mounted) on the wall of BRK. All of a sudden the health of the crown dropped by about a quarter even though I didn't see anything hit them. A couple of seconds later, the crown dropped off the wall & rode off. The damage I saw was because they had actually jumped off the keep wall a few seconds before I saw it happen on my screen.

When you apply this to actually trying to lay down melee attacks on an enemy that could be 2-3seconds away from where they appear on your screen... it's no wonder that we get the situation where the skills seem to fire off but don't actually do any damage... because the client thinks the skill hit but the server says no.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Marillea
    Marillea
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wait till you're out in the wild riding to get to a keep, and you get a random kill because your attacks registered 5 minutes late.

Or when you are safe and sound inside of one, and you die because someone shot you earlier and the game did not notice.

Today Cyrodiil was SO LAGGY, I could not even run at times. It has been years!!! It's the middle of the event, and the perfomance sucks just like the rest of the year, and it has been for a long time. At least stop having a laugh watching PvP players bonk their head trying to play this joke, and admit NO ONE has plans to fix it.

It's sad. And there is no other way to describe it.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it's a lot worse now that proc sets scale dynamically on the fly during battles, rather than being a set number like before. The additional calculations required are making the lag (even more of) a nightmare.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was having a discussion with some guildies last night about why I don't do Vet content. It comes down to this honestly. I can't trust skills to respond on-time and in order when I press them. It's not always bad, but it's bad enough I can't get beyond 25k dps. This games best and worst feature is its combat. It's a shame I'll never see it as intended.
  • 5_RAGEsMW
    5_RAGEsMW
    ✭✭✭
    One year later and its worse. Attacks are out of range and dsyncs galore.
    pvp sucks.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_TrishM wrote: »
    Greetings,

As we've removed a few inappropriate and baiting comments, please remember that while it’s all right to disagree or even debate with each other, provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.

I know it's not your fault, but there'd be less negative comments to remove if the game wasn't so buggy and unresponsive. Just saying.
  • GodsGrief
    GodsGrief
    ✭✭✭

It's actually worse!

What an incredible shame. This game had the potential to be the best MMO out there. Now its just an empty shade of what could have been.

So true, the combat premise is one of the best. Use any weapons and be any class. So sad that they haven't updated animations in 2021. Still using the old anims from 2014. Even the NPC have better animations than us now in the newer zones.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What a joke.

Yeah it's been bad. The most concerning thing is the lag in PvP has gotten worse (not better) which is troubling considering how much attention they have been giving it. I wish they would just upgrade their servers and stop trying to find some non-existent magic bullet while doing all of these pointless tests. Now that Micorsoft owns the company you know they have plenty of money.
  • Smexykins
    Smexykins
    ✭✭
    Edited by Smexykins on June 28, 2021 8:33AM
    Warden is golden. May it reign supreme.
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its been laggy since launch. Its not getting fixed.