The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

"Blighted Blastbones" need some adjustments

Taktak
Taktak
✭✭✭

i remember when players was complaining about Nightblade incap.....what zos did is removing major defile from this ulti because it was over performing, but now they made something worse than old incap which is Blighted Blastbones. it make AOE major defile!
necro already have the best passives,dps(the strongest),heal (the best), unique buff&debuff, pets that need only 1 bar (RIP sorc pets), tanky more than any class and on top of that it have spammable AOE major defile.
My suggestion here is make major defile of Blighted Blastbones on the target only not AOE because that will be more balance in my opinion.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taktak wrote: »
    i remember when players was complaining about Nightblade incap.....what zos did is removing major defile from this ulti because it was over performing, but now they made something worse than old incap which is Blighted Blastbones. it make AOE major defile!
    necro already have the best passives,dps(the strongest),heal (the best), unique buff&debuff, pets that need only 1 bar (RIP sorc pets), tanky more than any class and on top of that it have spammable AOE major defile.
    My suggestion here is make major defile of Blighted Blastbones on the target only not AOE because that will be more balance in my opinion.

What exactly do you feel this is harming? Is it making Xv1 too difficult?
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wonder that the OP is running and how many (and what) they are running with as what to have only Blighted Blastbones "spammed." On their group.

Might help others get some insight as well before this turns into a bunch of potatoes trying to XX v 1 a well known pvper who made a snack out of the OP's group and "L2P / adapt" gets spammed.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree 💯. Readily available major protection, minor protection, extra protection from pet, pen, vulnerability, and major defile Apr. It's downright ridiculous.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is hurting pretty badly in BGs, blight blastbones hits as hard as dawnbreaker and even more in some instance. Needs targeting at 28m and unlike subassualt it is more reliable than ever to hit its target. It already deals disease dmg which have a chance to apply status effect of minor defile, like why? Minor defile in BGs is very strong already, why put a major defile on a skill that is cheat and 28m spammed this is strong. Nightblade incap was an "ultimate" ability that has a very short range and only single target. Since blighted blastbone is targeted, it should only affect the target rather than an aoe since it already does aoe dmg. Templar dark flare does ale mijor defile but only single target dmg and it is a cast time skill. I don't know how stamcro fair in open world, but it is most broken class in BGs even more broken than stamsorc.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What was that instant AOE Defile skill that we had for over 3 years now?
    Corrupting Pollen?
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P2W classes, right ?
    Necro & Warden, both are "paid", non-base game classes and in every rankings & tier list those 2 are always on top... coincidence ? I don't think so.... :joy:

tbh. I would love to play a new class not because it is OP P2W, but because it is something new & funny... :|
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha I’m sorry op I know you are trying to find middle ground with this but there is absolutely nothing balance about 100% uptime on major defile you said it yourself people hated on a ultimate now it’s spammable looooool 🤣🤣
  • Taktak
    Taktak
    ✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Corrupting Pollen?

Yes it's aoe major defile but it doesn't have any high damage like Blighted Blastbones and all what u need to do is move out of area.
    Major defile from Corrupting Pollen was 4sec in duration but now it's only 1sec.
  • Taktak
    Taktak
    ✭✭✭

It's hurt players in non cp/BGs so bad
    Blighted Blastbones is disease damage which can Apply Minor Defile too.
  • Taktak
    Taktak
    ✭✭✭

This is hurting pretty badly in BGs, blight blastbones hits as hard as dawnbreaker and even more in some instance. Needs targeting at 28m and unlike subassualt it is more reliable than ever to hit its target. It already deals disease dmg which have a chance to apply status effect of minor defile, like why? Minor defile in BGs is very strong already, why put a major defile on a skill that is cheat and 28m spammed this is strong. Nightblade incap was an "ultimate" ability that has a very short range and only single target. Since blighted blastbone is targeted, it should only affect the target rather than an aoe since it already does aoe dmg. Templar dark flare does ale mijor defile but only single target dmg and it is a cast time skill. I don't know how stamcro fair in open world, but it is most broken class in BGs even more broken than stamsorc.

Don't forget also old Lethal Arrow morph when it was applying major defile....you can say Blighters Blastbones is the new Lethal Arrow but aoe lmao
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS won't nerf it because some players crutching on it want to defend it. Put it in the same bin as BRP DW. What ZOS obviously wants is for everyone to run ultra damage-reduction builds. It can't get any more obvious...
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    ZOS won't nerf it because some players crutching on it want to defend it. Put it in the same bin as BRP DW. What ZOS obviously wants is for everyone to run ultra damage-reduction builds. It can't get any more obvious...

It's always the same ppl. They see something super broken and use it as much as possible. Then when ppl call out how op it is the same ppl come in and mock everyone.
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro is broken.
  • Taktak
    Taktak
    ✭✭✭
    Malmai wrote: »
    Necro is broken.

Stamcro is broken.... idk about magcro coz I don't see much players use it
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always the same. People are only too happy to complain about anything that kills them demanding "balance", but God forbid when that same balance argument coming looking for their class abilities. Then there is no end to the wailing, and pulling-out-hair on forums.

Morale of the story?

"If you do not like seeing nerfs to your class, then don't go around call for nerfs on others."
    Edited by drkfrontiers on March 7, 2020 3:19PM
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Taktak
    Taktak
    ✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    Agree 💯. Readily available major protection, minor protection, extra protection from pet, pen, vulnerability, and major defile Apr. It's downright ridiculous.

I forgot to mention that necro also have also crazy ulti regeneration (maybe the best), so yeah it's best class in everything
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least the OP started off trying to come up with a solution and suggestion to fix the problem they feel is there.

As always, though, much easier and more entertaining to belilttle, and degrade others of the class or how they play instead of seeking solutions.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always the same. People are only too happy to complain about anything that kills them demanding "balance", but God forbid when that same balance argument coming looking for their class abilities. Then there is no end to the wailing, and pulling-out-hair on forums.

Morale of the story?

"If you do not like seeing nerfs to your class, then don't go around call for nerfs on others."
    Well my class took the nerf hammer and just when I thought zos was finished nerf stamblade they decided to get in there car run it over and reverse on my class so yup I definitely have a right to complain about broken things lol 😂
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Morale of the story?

Well my class took the nerf hammer and just when I thought zos was finished nerf stamblade they decided to get in there car run it over and reverse on my class so yup I definitely have a right to complain about broken things lol 😂

Gosh don't let me stop you. Whats after Blighted Blastbones, I'm curious?

Call me suspicious that's all. I can't imagine that there is a army of Blighted Blastbones users out there, which leaves me to probable cause a.k.a you died to one, a few, many.. who knows.

I have been in Cyrodiil a few times and seen 99.9% of the better players brush off Blastbones like it was a gnat - still sustain as though they were immortal, and somehow find the reserves to hit like a freight train while tanking 8-10 people.

But yeah, those Blastbones.. those 5secs .. complete game changer.

Edited by drkfrontiers on March 7, 2020 5:18PM
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Corrupting Pollen?

If I could only side walk or run away from it? Oh wait, I can do that, it does not even deals dmg and stationary. Why are compering a statinary healing skill to a dmg deal skill? You are better off to use dark flare instead for camperison, but even so it does not come close to blighted blastbone.
    Edited by universal_wrath on March 7, 2020 6:39PM
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree its over performing currently with constant maj defile uptime and AOE, even if taken to single target it would be very strong!

Reminds me of a ranged old style reverb but AOE!
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Morale of the story?

Call me suspicious that's all. I can't imagine that there is a army of Blighted Blastbones users out there, which leaves me to probable cause a.k.a you died to one, a few, many.. who knows.

I have been in Cyrodiil a few times and seen 99.9% of the better players brush off Blastbones like it was a gnat - still sustain as though they were immortal, and somehow find the reserves to hit like a freight train while tanking 8-10 people.

I believe you have a valid point if you speak in CP pvp, BGs is a completely different story. Nobody is immortal, very few people (best of the best) can tank 4 people and most those people are stamcro and stamDK.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Morale of the story?

Yes well I don’t see a stamblade shrugging any kind of damage off unless there built for being tanky unfortunately unlike the other classes stamblade can’t do that and keep enough damage to handle good players lol and I can kill stamcros. Reason why zos remove major defile from incap was because many hated it said major defile op but you think major defile on an aoe that’s spammable balance 🤔 ok cool 🤣🤣🤣
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Morale of the story?

Yes well I don’t see a stamblade shrugging any kind of damage off unless there built for being tanky unfortunately unlike the other classes stamblade can’t do that and keep enough damage to handle good players lol and I can kill stamcros. Reason why zos remove major defile from incap was because many hated it said major defile op but you think major defile on an aoe that’s spammable balance 🤔 ok cool 🤣🤣🤣

Even better post patch when BB still tracks and hits you when cloaked!
  • stamcro
    stamcro
    ✭✭✭
    Lot of complaining here is all I see. The class is a purchasable class.why not nerf sorc burst. Or nerf Templar jabs. Or warden Netch. Or dk standtard. Or Nightblade cloak....
  • stamcro
    stamcro
    ✭✭✭
    Stop asking for nerfs and start asking for better performance pve or pvp.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stebarnz wrote: »

Morale of the story?

Just hope the patch delays for console lmao 🙏
  • Vicinia
    Vicinia
    ✭✭✭✭
    stamcro wrote: »
    Lot of complaining here is all I see. The class is a purchasable class.why not nerf sorc burst. Or nerf Templar jabs. Or warden Netch. Or dk standtard. Or Nightblade cloak....

*Looks at screen name*

Nope no bias here 😂

Classes should have overloaded abilities because they're apart of a dlc...seems legit.

Also did you just compare cloak/netch/DK standard (an ultimate lol) to blastbones....🤣
    Edited by Vicinia on March 7, 2020 7:56PM
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stebarnz wrote: »

Morale of the story?

I do believe the stam morph needs rework but dont spread misinformation like this.Blastbone doesnt actively track cloaked players even if you can see them with detection potion/poison.
    It does however still hit you if you cloak while its leaping and thats okay compared to what other class' delayed burst skills can do. Curse and Backlash is guaranteed to hit you from 41 meters

Edit: An idea about balancing the skill is to have defile apply for 2 seconds + 2 seconds for each enemy hit

Edited by Ankael07 on March 7, 2020 7:56PM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Taktak
    Taktak
    ✭✭✭
    stamcro wrote: »

you forget necro Colossus and Blastbones