The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Chaos Ball and Capture the relic

Philelectric
Philelectric
✭✭
Those are the 2 game mode I dont enjoy at all. I wonder if anyone actually enjoy those game modes. I can see why people enjoy Capture the relics on a few maps because I got a few very enjoyable Capture games on those maps. However, Chaos Ball seems like a game mode I will never be able to enjoy.

I would like to know if anyone likes Chaos Ball and why. Maybe it will help me understand why I dont like it and maybe it will help me enjoy it in the future. I want to know those things instead of going directly to the ''DeLeTe tHIs gAmE mOdE'' dummy way of things.

Information that may help:

I play Melee stamblade
I played during ESO beta I quit a few month after the assassination of ESO by the champion system and Came back 1-2 months ago
I have issues when I fight templars(spamplars?) I feel like their jabbi jab is op AF even with major evasion and at least 4 impen pieces.
Gap closers,light attack(and more) breaking cloak is annoying
I'm pvp focused since I started playing this game (75% pvp, 25% other content)

So what is the problem!? is it my gameplay? my class? my build?(pretty sure the build is fine)my mindset? The Stamblade vs templar matchup? Or Chaos Ball?
Edited by Philelectric on March 6, 2020 6:48PM
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are the 2 game mode I dont enjoy at all. I wonder if anyone actually enjoy those game modes. I can see why people enjoy Capture the relics on a few maps because I got a few very enjoyable Capture games on those maps. However, Chaos Ball seems like a game mode I will never be able to enjoy.

I would like to know if anyone likes Chaos Ball and why. Maybe it will help me understand why I dont like it and maybe it will help me enjoy it in the future. I want to know those things instead of going directly to the ''DeLeTe tHIs gAmE mOdE'' dummy way of things.

I play Melee stamblade
    I played during ESO beta I quit a few month after the assassination of ESO by the champion system and Came back 1-2 months ago
    I have issues when I fight templars(spamplars?) I feel like their jabbi jab is op AF even with major evasion and at least 4 impen pieces.

So what is the problem!? is it my gameplay? my class? my build?(pretty sure the build is fine)my mindset? The Stamblade vs templar matchup? Or Chaos Ball?

I enjoy Chaos Ball in a random daily, but I can't play any game mode as much as I can play Death match. Relic I could take it or leave it (hah). Both of these game modes were more fun prior to everyone being so tanky. It's ra lot easier to build specifically for these game modes than it is to build for damage. If you like being tanky, these game modes are probably for you.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Farscape76
    Farscape76
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy the concept of chasing and trying to maintain ownership of an item that is doing damage to you. The mechanics seem to open up some strategy elements as well: marathon around the map, hold up in corner or by your base, etc. It all gives a singular focus especially with random groups... keeps the 4 individuals running in 4 directions to a minimum in most cases. It's a nice change of pace from go kill (which I also enjoy)

I also play as a DK predominantly so my class is better suited to this mode in some ways... its fun to pop corrosive armor while holding the chaos ball :smiley:

I am curious though what specific things do you not like about the game mode? Are you dying too often? Not able to get to the ball? Team losing? You didn't mention any of those types of things in your original post
    CP 1200+ Xbox - NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Characters
    Dargo Crichton - VR16/lvl 50 StamDK - Stormproof
    Talon Crichton - lvl 50 Stamsorc
    Kara Crichton - lvl 50 StamDK
    Erza Crichton - lvl 50 MagDK
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate capture the relic with a passion. Chaos ball is okay.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • isoJs
    isoJs
    ✭✭
    Chaos ball is the best game mode, I can't explain why. Ctr is utter ***.
    Since 2015
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos Ball, Capture the Relic, and Crazy King are my favorite activities in this game, assuming the teams are reasonably balanced and all 12 players commit to the objectives.

Death Match and Domination are most fun for me at the beginning of a patch, but often lose their luster over the course of a patch.

I often experience closer games and more suspense in objective modes than in Death Match.

Naturally being a StamDK these modes are fun for me. Death Match is of course also great this patch, but I suffered through many terrible rounds in 2018 and early 2019. I didn't see many other StamDKs around back then, back when Dizzying Swing barely worked in any setting and Sorc Pets were invincible.

Edited by Urzigurumash on March 9, 2020 9:20AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it odd that people will scream to the high heavens about zos not doing anything new for pvp and that cyro has been the same since forever but yet the same folks will only play tdm in BGs.

This isn't aimed at the OP, just a thought in general. I like all the bg games, some way more than others but it's a nice break to go into something else after your 5th tdm/chaosball/flag game/what have you in a row.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These modes require more teamwork and flexibility of strategy. You cannot just go hogwild like in deathmatch and solo carry a group.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CTR can suck a fat load of scrib jelly. but Chaos ball is probably my favorite mode.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    I find it odd that people will scream to the high heavens about zos not doing anything new for pvp and that cyro has been the same since forever but yet the same folks will only play tdm in BGs.

This isn't aimed at the OP, just a thought in general. I like all the bg games, some way more than others but it's a nice break to go into something else after your 5th tdm/chaosball/flag game/what have you in a row.

It’s because you can carry a death match game a lot easier than other games, especially if you’re stamina.

With capture the relic I’ll defend, then if my team can’t cap I’ll grab a relic myself and then my team can’t defend our relic. It’s a no win situation.

Death match can be annoying as mag because if there’s a new player they’ll siphon all your healing when you try to heal yourself, but stam and magsorcs don’t have that issue. It’s why stam and magsorcs in death match are people’s favourite mode.

Other Mag only gets good in DMs when all the teams have good players, you have to suffer through lower MMR and the weak teams to have fun.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 9, 2020 4:53PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play Melee stamblade

Yep i love them. Deathmatch is the dullest for me if I want that I head to Cyrodiil.

BG game modes need tactics to win not just deaths and it spices it up. In particular if you PUG and are up against some tough opponents but outsmart them.

Crazy king is my least fave but the others are all on a par
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Land grab games are loaded with tanks. Because it works really well here. Use a S/B 2H and will be much more enjoyable.