The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

NB trolling a scroll running group

Dr_Ganknstein
Dr_Ganknstein
✭✭✭✭✭
Some clips I took while messing with a scroll group that just happen to be nearby. I never managed to get the scroll but it was fun chasing them through the woods.

https://youtu.be/KJ9EItjENyE
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    :D lol
    Also liked the sound effects
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect showcase of what is wrong with NB. If you engage you should be prevented from stealthing for six seconds just like we all are....the bonus for attacks from stealth and speed able to be pushed up to same speed as mounted is yet another issue that needs addressed.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    Perfect showcase of what is wrong with NB. If you engage you should be prevented from stealthing for six seconds just like we all are....the bonus for attacks from stealth and speed able to be pushed up to same speed as mounted is yet another issue that needs addressed.

It's not as fast as maxed out mount speed. Some of them were slowing down to wait up for the scroll runner. Also I would lose a pot of damage if I put anything into defensive traits/armor sets. There are counters. Some people use them some dont.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The salt is thiccc L2p. Not everyone wants to build +25k resistances spamming aoe and heals in a group 24/7 .

Gg OP xD

• DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If just one person used one detect pot, it would have been goodnight. Or you know, just...actually attacked at all.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on March 5, 2020 2:27PM
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

If just one person used one detect pot, it would have been goodnight. Or you know, just...actually attacked at all.

They got me twice. Once when I almost had the scroll carrier down again. I wanted to include it in the video but the song wasnt long enough.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sound effects are awesome!
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

They got me twice. Once when I almost had the scroll carrier down again. I wanted to include it in the video but the song wasnt long enough.

You still did well. That post wasn't meant to diminish you, but to argue against the quoted person :)
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    😂 your videos are my favorite, never fails to get a laugh. I can't imagine how many salty hate whispers you must get.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome vid! I hate PVP because I suck at it but I do enjoy watching this.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    😂 your videos are my favorite, never fails to get a laugh. I can't imagine how many salty hate whispers you must get.

I actually dont get much hate mail these days 😪😪 but I do get bagged hard when they get me lol.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on March 5, 2020 8:53PM
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not as fast as maxed out mount speed. Some of them were slowing down to wait up for the scroll runner. Also I would lose a pot of damage if I put anything into defensive traits/armor sets. There are counters. Some people use them some dont.

Doesn't really matter. Combine the stealth speed bonus, ability to not slot purge yet suspend all dot damage with stealth while also getting bonus to damage and stealthing during active combat when no one else can is over powered. Just massive amount of boosts to game-play that should be dramatically higher cost on resources than it is. Anyone playing a NB knows and if they are not in denial freely admits these things.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't really matter. Combine the stealth speed bonus, ability to not slot purge yet suspend all dot damage with stealth while also getting bonus to damage and stealthing during active combat when no one else can is over powered. Just massive amount of boosts to game-play that should be dramatically higher cost on resources than it is. Anyone playing a NB knows and if they are not in denial freely admits these things.

Jeez bro you realize they have been toned down already right? Slot a pot throw an aoe or two l2 block.
    My goodness you legitimately sound like a newb that's been owned by alott of nbs.
    It's no more frustrating than fighting a warden or templar that eats damage with protection vitality and mending.. Healing to 100% in 1gcd is ok but cloaking is to much? ok bud....
    I have 5 chars they all have skills or tools in their kit that can be strong and annoying.
    I'm saying this as a mediocre at best player without a doubt l2p issue.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to realize I'm using the magica version of surprise attack so I can have that speed bonus. It hits like a wet noodle on this set up.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to realize I'm using the magica version of surprise attack so I can have that speed bonus. It hits like a wet noodle on this set up.

So...you use magica version of SA so the cost on the other stuff is fine and perfectly balanced then? Is that the take away you are proposing here?

Edited by Soul_Demon on March 6, 2020 12:20AM
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So...you use magica version of SA so the cost on the other stuff is fine and perfectly balanced then? Is that the take away you are proposing here?

Yes. Low sustain also when you are moving in sneak your stamina recover is 0.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah....think your vid shows how untrue that is. Most of the players were unloaded on with bonus damage from stealth, while you were at ranged and stayed completely off the visual que for them to even respond to. Even if they had a chance to respond, you were so far off with that range they could not locate before you were able to start a second series of attacks. Stealth is just overpowered for the NB since you can engage at will, disengage, move at speed advantage while invis and on top of it all it suspends all DOT's on you all by simply stealthing up while no other class can break combat to do so. To say otherwise is just not being genuine.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah....think your vid shows how untrue that is. Most of the players were unloaded on with bonus damage from stealth, while you were at ranged and stayed completely off the visual que for them to even respond to. Even if they had a chance to respond, you were so far off with that range they could not locate before you were able to start a second series of attacks. Stealth is just overpowered for the NB since you can engage at will, disengage, move at speed advantage while invis and on top of it all it suspends all DOT's on you all by simply stealthing up while no other class can break combat to do so. To say otherwise is just not being genuine.

Suspends dots but you have to mash the cloak button and use even more magica which a stam based NB doesnt have a lot of. Also there are other things like curses that will pop a NB out of stealth after it explodes. Reveal potions as well. Also as a bonus piece of information the class literally has a skill line called Assassination. Look up the definition. You basically want the class removed from the game from the sounds of it.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's hilarious when people still complain about NB after they have been nerfed to hell over the last couple years. At a certain point it becomes a L2P issue. I think we crossed that threshold long ago.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Amazing video :D Love the song and in general "the style" ;)
    2. Awesome ganking!
    3. I love scroll runs the most. So many people running through Cyrodiil, so many occasions to fight :trollface:
    4. Lol to the guy complaining about NBs, they are my fav target, much easier to kill than extremely tanky stamcros, stamdens or stamplars.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Icky love the vid, gg as always

@Soul_Demon I have to ask, what class/es do you main? The fact that at this point in the NB timeline of nerfs and changes, the fact that so many options exist to counter cloak, and the fact that there are way more overpowered skills and setups that are prevalent on other classes leads me to believe you are a new player.......
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »

@Soul_Demon I have to ask, what class/es do you main? The fact that at this point in the NB timeline of nerfs and changes, the fact that so many options exist to counter cloak, and the fact that there are way more overpowered skills and setups that are prevalent on other classes leads me to believe you are a new player.......

I play mDK- why? And if you thought I was new why would you not check my forum account for the start date? Ooops.

Bottom line here is the cost of cloak and how it works with all the added benefits of stealth is very cheap in comparison to all other skills doing only a fraction of what it does. Take for example purge, and this is ignoring that is not ALL it does for the NB-

Anyone who plays one (besides the excuse brigade who apparently cant imagine a game with combat balance on forums) freely admits as much. In order to counter all of what it does for you one would have to have several other skills loaded on your 10 slot limited bars to deal with them effectively and no matter how you argue otherwise, its too cheap for what it gives the player....even if you ignore no one else but NB's can use it. This 'love me' video showcases those disparities quite well.

Edited by Soul_Demon on March 6, 2020 8:08PM
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I play mDK- why? And if you thought I was new why not check my forum account for the start date? Bottom line here is the cost of cloak and how it works with all the added benefits of stealth are too cheap- its simple and anyone who plays one (besides the excuse brigade on forums) freely admits as much. In order to counter all of what it does for you one would have to have several other skills loaded on your bars to deal with them effectively and no matter how you argue otherwise, its too cheap for what it gives the player....even if you ignore no one else but NB's can use it.

Maybe try playing a NB for awhile and then report back to us if you still believe this nonsense.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play mDK- why? And if you thought I was new why not check my forum account for the start date? Bottom line here is the cost of cloak and how it works with all the added benefits of stealth are too cheap- its simple and anyone who plays one (besides the excuse brigade on forums) freely admits as much. In order to counter all of what it does for you one would have to have several other skills loaded on your bars to deal with them effectively and no matter how you argue otherwise, its too cheap for what it gives the player....even if you ignore no one else but NB's can use it.

Maybe try playing a NB for awhile and then report back to us if you still believe this nonsense.

Why would I 'report back' to you? You seem entirely confused by this conversation.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Soul_Demon Excuse brigade? No .
    If you played a nb vs ball groups or decent opponents you'd see for yourself cloak is not an I win button. Stop making excuses for your own shortcomings....
    Edited by jadarock on March 6, 2020 8:31PM
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »
    @Soul_Demon Excuse brigade? No .
    If you played a nb vs ball groups or decent opponents you'd see for yourself cloak is not an I win button. Stop making excuses for your own shortcomings....

Hold up.....just a second here. Did you just say if I played a NB and went up against a 'ball group?' ....as though that was a thing intelligent players do? The litmus is now single class attacking a 'ball group' and if it turns out badly its clear evidence that the class is beyond looking at for combat balance issues.....well. This comes from a guy swiping at me as he tells me to use that as way to 'test' NB for balance. Maybe you should think a bit longer on things before you post again.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Soul_Demon Are you just going to ignore the "decent opponents"part of my post hmmm that's convenient....
    Nobody that's been apart of this game as long as you have should be whining about the watered down nightblade class at this point. Period.
    Funny thing is I have a mag dk and unless they(nb) are good or I'm outnumbered it's a non issue.
    If cloak is soooo strong why are so many people jumping on the dk templar warden necro train huh?

Edited by jadarock on March 6, 2020 8:55PM
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why would I 'report back' to you? You seem entirely confused by this conversation.

The only thing I'm confused about is how someone is still whining about NB in 2020. L2P.
    Edited by oXI_Viper_IXo on March 6, 2020 8:54PM
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This 'love me' video showcases those disparities quite well.

Sounds like my video made you mad, I'll take it down immediately. I make videos because it's fun. I enjoy using my editor almost as much as playing eso. I try to help other players with the experience I've gathered trying different sets.

Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on March 6, 2020 10:07PM