The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

i need to see MMR

Noctus
Noctus
✭✭✭✭✭
its rly rage inducing when i see multiple good ppl in 1 team demolishing the rest. if i could atleast see some sort of indicator a number of some sort that tells me how the team is made then i would be like.......! ahhhh ok im currently very high ranked becouse i won previous matches. it gets tougher" it would ease the pain.

right now it feels like some unfair *** going on.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, it would be nice to be able to see it.

Yesterday I played about 5 BGs and only won one, the teams looked really imbalanced from when I looked at who was on what team at the start of the BG. I was left thinking something’s off too.

I thought about it afterwards and I think the issue is alts. I rotate between 4 different toons in BGs, so if you look at @names you’ll miss that people aren’t playing their mains. Once MMR settles and people have played their alts more things should improve. It’ll differentiate a new player from an experienced one playing an alt.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In most PvP games, of any type, on planet earth, you can clearly see your rank, and check other people's rank when you start a match. It is true from battlefield to for honor, from classic FPS to MOBAs. I really don't understand why MMR should be a secret in this game and why we are not allowed to see it in the first place. Can someone please explain to me why is that a thing?
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At least you can tell if someone is CP 810 in BGs.

That means they are really good.

:smiley:
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the matchmaking system expects me to carry 2-3 cp 300s against two teams of cp 1500+ generals.
    Beacuse that's my usual team comp, and that's if I'm lucky enough to get a full team at all. Quite a few games have started with just 2 guys on 1 team 4 on the rest.
    They really need to overhaul matchmaking, I have had a couple of games where I was on the stacked team and its no more fun than getting my ass whipped.
    I cant even begin to think about what those low cp new players think when they get absolutely mowed over by a couple stamcros/magplars etc.
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭

Not true, some are potatoes
  • ravencbr600
    ravencbr600
    ✭✭

Not true, some are potatoes

Potatoe here !!!!
  • Gregory_Mordyval
    Noctus wrote: »
    its rly rage inducing when i see multiple good ppl in 1 team demolishing the rest. if i could atleast see some sort of indicator a number of some sort that tells me how the team is made then i would be like.......! ahhhh ok im currently very high ranked becouse i won previous matches. it gets tougher" it would ease the pain.

it is easy man, luckly 2 or 3 people what used to play team BG as a team were team up and they know how to rotate around group or healer and how to focus one target with no communication. Simply skillz and they are destroying bunch of freestyle potatoes.

Its not about premade, its about skillz and luck that those players get together.

CP in BGs mean nothing, skillz of individual or team is seen in gameplay.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you playing on console? Because I thought this was supposed to be "fixed" by the introduction of solo-queue only... B)
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »

it is easy man, luckly 2 or 3 people what used to play team BG as a team were team up and they know how to rotate around group or healer and how to focus one target with no communication. Simply skillz and they are destroying bunch of freestyle potatoes.

Its not about premade, its about skillz and luck that those players get together.

CP in BGs mean nothing, skillz of individual or team is seen in gameplay.

That joke went over your head. :smiley:
    Edited by brandonv516 on March 10, 2020 12:37PM
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1000% MMR needs to be displayed. Would make the experience so much more enjoyable.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer being able to see MMR also.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree, but would add that imo it needs to fluctuate somehow, like decaying over time while not playing (not counting ZOS resets), going down when losing, and various other potential ways to make it move.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it doesn't actually exist. They can't show something they've never even added.

There's clearly no kind of matchmaking, it just throws in whoever's in the queue. I just got matched with a team of 4 twinks vs my 1 twink and 3 newbs vs 4 newbs...

Solo queue was a lazy non-fix. It's clear they couldn't care less.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it doesn't actually exist. They can't show something they've never even added.

There's clearly no kind of matchmaking, it just throws in whoever's in the queue. I just got matched with a team of 4 twinks vs my 1 twink and 3 newbs vs 4 newbs...

MMR most definitely exists..
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭

Mmr is char bound and not account wich is a huge problem allrdy, this results into people making new chars with their main class to stomp little poor sheeps

You said it yourself, you on a twink with newbs vs twinks, surprisingly all have low Mmr...

Everyone should be able to feel the difference when playing on a new char or on his main with a lot of played games and wins...
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    MMR most definitely exists..[/quote]

So how come my completely unranked (not top 100) lowbie Stamplar was consistently being matched against top 100 and top 10 players? And constantly being grouped with absolute ungeared trashcan players whilst top 100 players get grouped together?

Also, why does it constantly match uneven team numbers and then try to fill 4s BEFORE trying to match even numbers? If there's actually any kind of matchmaking system, it's so completely incompetent it can't even do basic math.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MMR most definitely exists..

So how come my completely unranked (not top 100) lowbie Stamplar was consistently being matched against top 100 and top 10 players? And constantly being grouped with absolute ungeared trashcan players whilst top 100 players get grouped together?

Also, why does it constantly match uneven team numbers and then try to fill 4s BEFORE trying to match even numbers? If there's actually any kind of matchmaking system, it's so completely incompetent it can't even do basic math. [/quote]

There’s definitely something funky going on.

I was trying out new gear today on my magblade who I’ve done a fair share of BGs with but not a lot. Half my games were me being put into a game late after 10-15 minute queues.

On my MagDK where I’m pretty noob at it I’m still getting 10 minute queues.

Instead of trying to reverse engineer it, they should just make it public.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 20, 2020 1:37AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m pretty sure there’s an account portion that contributes to MMR. On my alts who I haven’t pvped much with I keep getting new players on my team against teams with multiple veterans on their mains.

It’s either random or part of it is account based. The teams seem to be setup like they expect 1 or 2 people per team to carry the new players. That’s possible as certain classes, not possible with others.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The System will balance MMR between teams.

A trend I’ve noticed lately is one high MMR, one medium MMR, and two low MMR players on each team.

Primetime I sometimes see games where everyone is high MMR, but it is extremely rare to find a game where there isn’t a feeder or two on at least one team.

TL:DR MMR is balanced between teams, it isn’t a “hurdle” to get put into a match.

And matches have been much closer lately. I notice class composition has far more impact than it used to, which is a step in the right direction.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    And matches have been much closer lately. I notice class composition has far more impact than it used to, which is a step in the right direction.

@Thogard , care to elaborate on this statement for me?

I can see how class composition being imporant in general is a good thing. But solo-queues are the only option now and you have no prior information which classes your teammates are going to be playing. So it basically means that a team which got a better class composition (i.e. got more templars) through sheer luck of the draw gets a significant advantage. How is that a step in the right direction?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

@Thogard , care to elaborate on this statement for me?

I can see how class composition being imporant in general is a good thing. But solo-queues are the only option now and you have no prior information which classes your teammates are going to be playing. So it basically means that a team which got a better class composition (i.e. got more templars) through sheer luck of the draw gets a significant advantage. How is that a step in the right direction?

Isolating solo MMR is the best way for them to determine just how important class composition is for win rate. Now that they've fixed the first, they can start considering making changes that'll factor in class and role.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A trend I’ve noticed lately is one high MMR, one medium MMR, and two low MMR players on each team.

I've definitely noticed the same thing, and i don't like it.

My concern is that, the more you play (and the higher your MMR) the lower your teammates' MMRs will be to bring you closer to the average as a team. I'm fine with having to carry more than my fair share of weight in BGs, but there comes a point where your teammates are sooo bad, that you really have no chance. This system will punish the most dedicated players by pairing them with the least experienced ones and lowering their chance of victory.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Solace1981
    Solace1981
    ✭✭✭
    MMR does not exist. I need to see it to believe it. Yesterday, one BG I have a CP 10 on my team. Umm ok, I'm not the greatest but I'm not that bad. The very next match, going up against a well known ESO streamer. What? Let's pretend there is MMR. Do you guys honestly believe it would be correctly calculated? Have you been playing this game at all ever? Almost everything in this game is broken. Group Finder doesn't even work most of the time and you guys believe there is correct MMR????? C'mon guys. Also, 50% of the matches I was in yesterday I had 3 people on my team for the entirety of the BG. I guess it evens itself out because other teams get screwed too. Great design.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've definitely noticed the same thing, and i don't like it.

My concern is that, the more you play (and the higher your MMR) the lower your teammates' MMRs will be to bring you closer to the average as a team. I'm fine with having to carry more than my fair share of weight in BGs, but there comes a point where your teammates are sooo bad, that you really have no chance. This system will punish the most dedicated players by pairing them with the least experienced ones and lowering their chance of victory.

Try healing, you’ll have teams where you heal for more than your entire team’s combined damage.

It’s also a bit luck. Today I had a game against multiple experienced players and I had two new players on my team while playing my MagDK that I’m still learning on. The new layers did a combined 200k damage so we got steam rolled.

Next game I got lucky with two veterans on my team and we steam rolled.

Biggest issue I see with the current setup is self sufficient specs do a lot better. Like some players will go 15+ kills and a couple deaths no matter their team mates. Other specs like support specs need experienced team mates to do well. I’m noticing a lot more players are specing tanky to adapt to the random comps too.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solace1981 wrote: »
    MMR does not exist. I need to see it to believe it. Yesterday, one BG I have a CP 10 on my team. Umm ok, I'm not the greatest but I'm not that bad. The very next match, going up against a well known ESO streamer. What? Let's pretend there is MMR. Do you guys honestly believe it would be correctly calculated? Have you been playing this game at all ever? Almost everything in this game is broken. Group Finder doesn't even work most of the time and you guys believe there is correct MMR????? C'mon guys. Also, 50% of the matches I was in yesterday I had 3 people on my team for the entirety of the BG. I guess it evens itself out because other teams get screwed too. Great design.

Team total MMR matching, rather than matching 12 people with similar MMRs, would explain the variance you see in teammates.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't count 300-400 CP people as potatoes. 2 days back I had 2 300 CP players and one 810+ with myself being 800+, and other teams were of similar combination, we absolutely demolished the other 2 teams. It has more to do if players have some exp and understand what needs to be done in a particular BG game type.
    So many times we see people trying to be Macho and kill others in flag games, completely ignoring objectives and in death matches staggered all over the map but sticking to their team.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.