The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

With the new patch, have you experienced unplayable skill lag in Cyrodil

Giljabrar
Giljabrar
✭✭✭✭
I can barely get a single skill off in open world right now. Wanted to see the general consensus.
Edited by Giljabrar on March 3, 2020 1:08AM

With the new patch, have you experienced unplayable skill lag in Cyrodil 79 votes

I have experienced no such skill lag
12%
Soul_DemonIruil_ESOAixystarlizard70ub17_ESOmarke1KartalinDBZVelenaTommy_The_GunJierdanitDosuul 10 votes
I have had moderate skill lag
12%
Zealandks888LarsSKatahdinWise_WillJ18696vesselwiththepestleQaghx48rphQrähe 10 votes
Open world is literally unplayable
74%
Joy_DivisionSynozeerSarousseIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOkwisatzDaviiid_ESOkillimandrosb16_ESOAshanneDyridemanny254AektannDelsskiaAztlanValagashWarraxxpieratsosYukeOtarTheMadgitch2asneakybanana 59 votes
  • mabdastardseb17_ESO
    Well they fixed the fix that broke the fix they fixed
    but the broken fix they fixed broke the fix of another fix they broke fixing a fix they didn't fix
    or did they
    take yer pills daft it will be alright after yep take the pills
    tin foil anyone
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was actually working during the crash-period

Now crashes gone but this horrific thing appears
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk, I went there only for a short time when there was no one there, just to use attunable crafting stations for the 3 new crafted sets... and I am never going back there....
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unplayable on console since Feb 5th patch.
  • Giljabrar
    Giljabrar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose I should also specify this is on PC NA for my experience. In the Alliance locked CP campaign.
    Edited by Giljabrar on March 3, 2020 8:28PM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not just lag, thats like the staple of Cyrodiil.
    Even in BGs, CC break can literally take 2-3 seconds of smashing the cc break button on full stam to work.
    Not fun.
  • marke1
    marke1
    ✭✭✭
    Its as normal for us in the southern hemi my ping is 280 on a good day , you guys now know what we deal with every day
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some moderate lag during big fights, but not unplayable.

PC/EU non cp.

However, my fps improved and my ping was ok, too.

Also I have seen far worse lag in cyrodiil.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on March 3, 2020 11:59PM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played last night

Ping yo-yoed between 150 and 500.
    Lots of times where skills would not go off at all despite spamming the key.

Seems like we either have to live with disconnects every 20 minutes or debilitating lag

So sad
    Beta tester November 2013
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a perma-cloaking nightblade main, it's easy for me to judge lag. I move around in cloak. That means I cloak every 3 seconds. This is and has always been surprisingly reliable at most times, so much so that I suspect there is some sort of optimisation in the game where the server predicts you spamming a single skill, despite server performance issues or a wonky connection to the client.

However this does not mean Cyro is playable, especially on a squishy class that relies on accurate play. Spamming a single skill doesn't cut it :). Lag shows itself in the fact that, as soon as you try to cast other skills like RAT or Siphoning Attacks inbetween cloaking, those skills fail and/or lead to delays in your next cloak, causing you to become visible. When that happens I know Cyro is or is close to becoming unplayable for me and it is something that has relatively little variation, regardless of your location within Cyro. Once the server is overloaded, it's overloaded and you can detect that at home base.

I am now experiencing this in the late afternoon, with red and blue having 3 bars, yellow only 2 bars on PC EU. I don't know whether they foolishly raised the Cyro population cap, whether they downgraded their servers or whether their supposed block optimisation had the opposite effect from what it was supposed to do. I don't set foot in Cyro all that often, because of performance issues, but it does seem worse to me than last patch.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    Not so much lag as player dysync I think.
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seemed ok for like maybe a day, but then I had to go away for work, but I can report my guild has had to cancel entirely group nights or end early due to issues and it's just a constant meme in Discords rn
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    As a perma-cloaking nightblade main

i guess if it's hurting perma-cloak, the lag isn't all bad
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried to play in Cyro today (just a few minutes ago):

Immediately when I tried to log in to character select (for the 1st time today), the login attempt failed before it has even started (!!!), with the usual message about my "internet connection". Which I know is not the problem - go home ESO, you're drunk.

Eventually I managed to log in and load into Cyro... immediately greeted with a steady 600+ ping. Nice shade of red there. 11/10, would lag again.

Ported to a keep which was about to get hammered. Got disconnected right as the hammer zerg got to the outer wall and started smashing it.
    I ALT+F4'ed out of this mess and gave up, this is a complete waste of my time.