Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

What was the recent change to the chat API?

ganzaeso
ganzaeso
✭✭✭✭
Title says it all. With the Update 5.3.5

Addons

Refactored the chat formatting API to preserve existing use cases.

We need some more information on this change. It is breaking a lot of addons that were working yesterday.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE

Best Answer

• majorana
    majorana
    ✭✭
    AFAIK, they made changes to API in 5.3.4 which removed some functionality and the addons made workarounds to accommodate that and in 5.3.5 they made it so that all the functionality is back which broke the addons because they don't need the workaround anymore. Also, I believe most addons are back to working condition as, in most case, it is just getting rid of the workaround
    Answer ✓
  • LeglessUK
    LeglessUK
    ✭✭✭
    not sure, but all my addons that have been updated since patch 25, are now broken again :(
  • NoNameNamer
    NoNameNamer
    ✭✭✭
    They broke everything with this maintenance without a word.
    “We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.”
    ― Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majorana wrote: »
    AFAIK, they made changes to API in 5.3.4 which removed some functionality and the addons made workarounds to accommodate that and in 5.3.5 they made it so that all the functionality is back which broke the addons because they don't need the workaround anymore. Also, I believe most addons are back to working condition as, in most case, it is just getting rid of the workaround

Correct. If something does not work properly anymore it needs to be updated again to work like intended.
    All prior addon changes just introduced a workaround in order to make the chat addons work until ZOs fixed the way it intentially should work.