The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

so for sneaking, are these three the best sets or are there others? Thanks.

thissocalledflower
thissocalledflower
✭✭✭
5 Night Mother's Embrace
4 Vesiture of Darloc Brae
3 Night Terror

Night Mother's Embrace Overland Deshaan

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
(3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
(4 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
(5 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
(5 items) Reduce the radius you can be detected while Sneaking by 2 meters. Reduces the cost of Sneak by 25%

Vesture of Darloc Brae Overland Northern Elsweyr
LEVEL 50 - CP 160
Type Overland
Set bonus
(2 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
(3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
(4 items) Reduces the radius you can be detected while Sneaking by 2 meters. Reduces the cost of Sneak by 10%.
(5 items) While crouching and not blocking, you restore 670 Magicka and Stamina and heal for 670 Health every second.

Night Terror Overland Stormhaven

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
(3 items) Reduces the radius you can be detected while Sneaking by 2 meters. Reduces the cost of Sneak cost by 27%.
(4 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
(5 items) When you take melee damage, you deal 2000 Poison Damage to the attacker. This effect can occur once every 1 second.

Night's Silence Craftable

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
(3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
(4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
(5 items) Ignore Movement Speed penalty of Sneak.

Shadow Dancer's Raiment Overland in Greenshade

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(2 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
(3 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
(4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
(5 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
(5 items) Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak.

Edited to add night's silence and shadow dancer's raiment to the list for comparison
Edited by thissocalledflower on March 2, 2020 9:23AM
After careful consideration (and oh! so much deliberation) we have concluded that you circumstance sounds too much like a l2p issue for it to be just a mere coincidence.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends if you're vampire with the sneaking speed passive or not. If you're not, then you want Night's Silence instead of Night Mother Embrace.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    does the reduced radius from those sets stack??
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »

I'm pretty sure it does. I used Night Terror+Night Mother's embrace when working on my stealing achievements and it helped a lot.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Taloros
    Taloros
    ✭✭✭✭
    The increase to stealth radius does stack.

The combo posted should make you practically invisible in PvE. It might even be too much.

I'd put in Night's silence as 5-piece-set for non-vampire characters. Why? Sneaking is awfully slow. That creates an incentive to leave stealth when feeling safe, which in turn creates the risk of being detected.
    Second, speed helps a lot in remaining undetected, as it makes it easier to avoid patrols. 6 m stealth bonus is great, but when you're backed into a corner with a guard approaching, it helps little - getting out of that corner in time is more important.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are only 3 sets that reduce sneak detection range.
    Personally I would use Darloc + Night's terror. Darloc gives unlimited sneak. I Sneak ran whole Cyrodil skyshard hunter and angler achievments. Detect radius is so tiny that even players have to stand almost on top of you without detect pots.
    Edited by robpr on March 2, 2020 6:57AM
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the overland sets drop fairly easily from the zones they're connected to? Night Terror is from Stormhaven, yes?
    Edited by Magenpie on March 2, 2020 7:54AM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to just use Nightblade invisibility all the time then an option is to use Darloc. You just need to be Crouched for the 5/5 bonus -- it doesn't care if you are detected. And the magicka restoration rate is just mad.

But somewhere in your build a bonus to movement while sneaking is really useful.
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭
    Ok So if i use 5 Night Silence for movement speed... Then 4 Darloc Brae and 3 Night Terror

Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    If you want to just use Nightblade invisibility all the time then an option is to use Darloc. You just need to be Crouched for the 5/5 bonus -- it doesn't care if you are detected. And the magicka restoration rate is just mad.

But somewhere in your build a bonus to movement while sneaking is really useful.

But if i use Darloc and Night's Silence for both 5 piece then i'm left without an additional sneak detection but i guess if i am a night blade i dont need the reduction?

also if night blade, stam or magicka?

Taloros wrote: »

The combo posted should make you practically invisible in PvE. It might even be too much.

I'd put in Night's silence as 5-piece-set for non-vampire characters. Why? Sneaking is awfully slow. That creates an incentive to leave stealth when feeling safe, which in turn creates the risk of being detected.
    Second, speed helps a lot in remaining undetected, as it makes it easier to avoid patrols. 6 m stealth bonus is great, but when you're backed into a corner with a guard approaching, it helps little - getting out of that corner in time is more important.

Ok so would playing an Orc or a Wood Elf also give me a speed bonus similar to that?
    Edited by thissocalledflower on March 2, 2020 9:09AM
    After careful consideration (and oh! so much deliberation) we have concluded that you circumstance sounds too much like a l2p issue for it to be just a mere coincidence.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd put in Night's silence as 5-piece-set for non-vampire characters. Why? Sneaking is awfully slow.
    I used Vesture of Darloc Brae + Shadow Dancer's Raiment (If you are vampire, you may skip that) + 3 swift jewelery + concealed weapn on my NB during double AP event...

Since technically I no longer PvP, and nb is in really bad spot, I did this weird experiment simply for fun... :D

And it was quite funny indeed. Playing like I was in a different dimension / plane of exsistance... Almost like a Cyrodiil Tourist...

Being able to move with sprint speed while invisible stealthed lol. Granted, i did not had any dmg and was super squishy... but on a NB I would not be able to kill anyone anyway... This fun build just could not possibly screem " I don't CARE ! !" much louder :joy:
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 2, 2020 9:16AM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming you're a vamp you almost have it right.
    5 Night Mother's Embrace
    4 Vesiture of Darloc Brae
    3 Night Terror

Don't forget weapon swapping. This allows you some flexibility you haven't considered.

eg. what you have plus 5 NME 5 DB 2 NT.

Sneak with what you proposed but have the option to park yourself somewhere and swiftly regen everything with a quick weapon swap.
    Edited by Nerouyn on March 2, 2020 9:16AM
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »

Yes they def stack
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok So if i use 5 Night Silence for movement speed... Then 4 Darloc Brae and 3 Night Terror

But if i use Darloc and Night's Silence for both 5 piece then i'm left without an additional sneak detection but i guess if i am a night blade i dont need the reduction?

Ok so would playing an Orc or a Wood Elf also give me a speed bonus similar to that?

For PvE is use all three sets myself on my stamblade but that's a vampire. Without vampire I would use Night Silence/Darloc and use your cloak to get out of tight spots.
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magenpie wrote: »
    Do the overland sets drop fairly easily from the zones they're connected to? Night Terror is from Stormhaven, yes?

jewelry drops from dolmens but you can get all these sets on guild traders fairly cheap.
    since they're used only for sneaking and not dps the traits aren't that important.
    PC EU
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a stage 4 vampire khajiit, using 3x night terror, 4x Darloc Brae, and 5x night mother's embrace, you can sneak in the face of guards and not get detected. With a magicka nightblade using cloak, concealed weapon, and channeled acceleration, you get a speedy sneaky thief that can't be caught.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, they are the best. You can sneak right in front of a guard and not be detected.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

IIRC orc speed bonuses are only for sprinting, which breaks stealth; and Bosmer have no bonus in any way to being stealthy at all. Their speed bonus comes (briefly) after a roll-dodge, which breaks stealth. So the only race with any kind of meaningful bonus to being stealthy is Khajiit (though Imperials do have a reduced stamina cost for moving in stealth, this is very slight).
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The NB skill Concealed Weapon gives a speed in stealth bonus when slotted. I'm not sure how it compares to the Night's SIlence bonus (all my Magblades are Vampires).
    PC EU
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I use 5/5 of both Darloc Brae and Night's Silence with swift jewelry as a non vampire stamblade when I want to sneak through PvE content. Like the Murkmire dailies for example You can permacloak with that setup, which makes detection radius fairly redundant in that situation. On my PvP sniper I also have the mag morph of Concealed Weapon as that character never uses melee abilities.

For pick pocketing or looting containers where cloak can't always replace detection range reliably, the other sets are still useful.

As far as mag or stam, go with the one you think is the most fun, both are viable for stealthy gameplay.
    Edited by Bucky_13 on March 2, 2020 11:13AM
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd put in Night's silence as 5-piece-set for non-vampire characters. Why? Sneaking is awfully slow.
    I used Vesture of Darloc Brae + Shadow Dancer's Raiment (If you are vampire, you may skip that) + 3 swift jewelery + concealed weapn on my NB during double AP event...

Since technically I no longer PvP, and nb is in really bad spot, I did this weird experiment simply for fun... :D

And it was quite funny indeed. Playing like I was in a different dimension / plane of exsistance... Almost like a Cyrodiil Tourist...

Being able to move with sprint speed while invisible stealthed lol. Granted, i did not had any dmg and was super squishy... but on a NB I would not be able to kill anyone anyway... This fun build just could not possibly screem " I don't CARE ! !" much louder :joy:

Use reaper's mark to annoy people and make them waste time to find you, it's way more effective than it should be. And if that prevents those players from attacking a keep of yours for awhile, you're actually useful in a really annoying way.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, that's the combo I use on my nightblade for thieving and it works really well. I used Night's Silence instead of Darlock Brae before Elsweyr came out.

The suggestion of using weapon swap to get a temporary 5-piece bonus for DB is interesting and I'm going to try it out.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The NB skill Concealed Weapon gives a speed in stealth bonus when slotted. I'm not sure how it compares to the Night's SIlence bonus (all my Magblades are Vampires).

Concealed Weapon by itself is slower than a sneak speed set. (I use Shadow Dancer on my stamblade and haven't been using a sneak speed set on my magblade.)
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question about the stealth detection armour skill, and I *know* I'm going to ask it poorly, so please bear with me! ;)

Does the radius of detection and the percentage cost reduction stay static no matter what level you are? So, say I wanted to have a stealth set for stealing as a secondary set in my bags - and I'm intending to avoid combat so the armour/recovery numbers don't matter - could that set be level 20 and still have the same affect on me at level 50?

Really sorry if I'm asking something incredibly stupid. And badly.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If your intent is to spam NB invisibility skill, then radius isn't as important since the outright invisibility would probably supercede that and it force-conceals you, which you normally can't do simply crouching if you are already detected. The radius reduction is mostly for passive sneaking.
    However I believe to use something like Blade of Woe, you still need to be Crouched whether invisible or not.
    So if you want passive sneaking without worrying about resource drain/use, go for all 3 passive reductions plus khajiit race.

I also use Vampirism for the movement and crouch speed bonus, BUT vampirism is being reworked so it's unclear how long that's going to be good.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on March 2, 2020 7:36PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you are trying to avoid killing - sets that boost sneak damage are pointless.

my personal sneaking around preference is combining a set that removes speed penalty of sneaking (as I dislike playing as a vampire, personaly) and reduced cost of sneak. last 2 pieces are something that buffs your stamina and/or stamina recovery. )

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets list of all the in game sets (i believe its current) you can both check for bonuses AND which sets will allow you to avoid killing anything yourself ( so no dungeon sets basically, but there are crafted and overworld options)
    Edited by Linaleah on March 2, 2020 7:37PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magenpie wrote: »
    I have a question about the stealth detection armour skill, and I *know* I'm going to ask it poorly, so please bear with me! ;)

Does the radius of detection and the percentage cost reduction stay static no matter what level you are? So, say I wanted to have a stealth set for stealing as a secondary set in my bags - and I'm intending to avoid combat so the armour/recovery numbers don't matter - could that set be level 20 and still have the same affect on me at level 50?

Really sorry if I'm asking something incredibly stupid. And badly.

I compared some old level 26-ish NME gear with current CP 160 equivalents, and both of them have the same 5-piece bonus.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Night Silence, Shadow Dancer, and Dark Stalker all remove the penalty to sneak. Concealed Weapon adds bonus speed, and stacks on top.

I find this combo good for moving around Cyrodiil. Penalty removal is also good for Heists, where the increased speed is good to have when working against the clock.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to attempt the Thieves Guild & Dark Brotherhood dailies eventually, I mean in the way required for the achievements.

The guards in those dailies suppress the ability to sneak. Is there a way around this? Or what could be set ideas for these quests?
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to say, I'm finding it quite difficult to get Night Terror to drop in Stormhaven. Lots of Dreamers and Storm Knight, but only one NT. Boo hiss.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    joerginger wrote: »
    I would like to attempt the Thieves Guild & Dark Brotherhood dailies eventually, I mean in the way required for the achievements.

The guards in those dailies suppress the ability to sneak. Is there a way around this? Or what could be set ideas for these quests?

There is usually a hiding basket along the patrol path of the guards with the light circles. You hop in, wait for the circle to pass by, then hop out. By the way, the circle still respects line of sight. So even if you are inside it but with a pillar or something between you, you remain undetected. This is another reason speed in sneak is important. So you can beat them to a safe spot, and so you can maintain pace ahead of them.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of those sets aren’t very good. The only good one is Darloc and then be a vampire, Darloc destroys the other ones.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 2, 2020 9:27PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten