The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragons are losing their aura rings after they fly

Prrasha
Prrasha
✭✭✭
Dragons do have their "don't stand so close to me" aura rings (pyroclastics/incineration point, etc) when they first enter combat.

But once they fly away and land again, the rings don't reappear.

Here's an ice dragon who has been on the ground again long enough to cast Soul Tear (and his wind wall), but there's no white ring around the dragon:
6xtvyt0ef7o1.jpg

Here's an earth dragon who has been on the ground again long enough to cast Earth Spikes, but there's no red ring around the dragon:
yc8zic9mtw9j.jpg
  • Prrasha
    Prrasha
    ✭✭✭
    ...I believe this started happening with patch 5.3.4 (PC/NA).
  • Prrasha
    Prrasha
    ✭✭✭
    Last night I noticed dragons without their warning rings before they had flown, also. If I ran up to a dragon fight a few seconds after it had started (but obviously soon enough that the dragon would not have flown yet), sometimes they had their warning ring, and sometimes they didn't.

Especially in North Elsweyr, which is the current "new character" zone, I see a lot of people getting one-shotted by the dragons due to standing too close and getting taken out by "incineration point" or whatever... since there's no marker for "too close" anymore.
  • Higuchi
    Higuchi
    ✭✭
    Prrasha wrote: »
    ...I believe this started happening with patch 5.3.4 (PC/NA).

Oh YES!
    After patch 25, dragon's aura circles on the ground get absent after they take off the ground the 1st time during the combat. that causes... som difficulties fighting them. tons of players burn alive/freeze to death / struck by lightning to death ...because of that^

PLEASE, dear Devs, fix this as soon as possible ;)
    NA Server 📚 MacOS 🐾
    Naofumí The Arcanist / Goellean (gameID: @Alien.101)
  • Prrasha
    Prrasha
    ✭✭✭
    The latest patch didn't fix this. Is anyone working on it? When playing a healer, it's really demoralizing to know that all you can do is yell "Hey! Don't stand in the red! I know there's no red, but pretend there is!"

And while I'm complaining about dragons...

a) Why do the explosive spikes from the earth dragons go off instantly when the dragon dies, even if he hasn't finished the shout/spell to create them? It's always fun to get one-shotted by something that shouldn't even be there...

b) Why are dragons taunt-immune after they come down from their perched positions? Altitude sickness?
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This may just be a visual bug. I definitely got incinerated a couple days ago.

rip decibel
  • Prrasha
    Prrasha
    ✭✭✭
    It is definitely a visual bug, that's what I'm complaining about. The damage still happens, but the marker saying "damage happens here" does not display.