The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Storage Chest Idea

Eortalpeid
Eortalpeid
✭✭
Please have storage chest inventory show in your bank, and at crafting tables. AKA.. like additional bank space when a storage chest is slotted in a home.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D Oml your forum name, lol. Here is an awesome just for that. You must be fun in PvP !!

• Thokri
    Thokri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't happen because it would make housing completely useless for most.

And they want those crowns.
  • Eortalpeid
    Eortalpeid
    ✭✭
    Thokri wrote: »

Still get crown from people who want extra space. Also, you would still need a house to place the chests. Not pay to win because u can get the chest from writs and Telvar. Just more convenient to have it show in the bank not just split from the whole inventory management.
    Edited by Eortalpeid on February 29, 2020 7:40PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The big issue is, housing storage is Off Line. This means you can not access it unless you activate the container.

Off Line was done so as to not burden the servers having to load all those slots. Even the Craft Bag is Off Line in that it is only visible when accessed. This is why you pull from inventory if you have mats both in the bag and in the bank or character.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

why? given access through bank interface doesnt mean you dont need to buy chests and install them in your house
  • Thokri
    Thokri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

why? given access through bank interface doesnt mean you dont need to buy chests and install them in your house

Where free inn room is perfectly fine.

If players had to travel, they rather want to go somewhere pretty therefore buy house/s than inn room where furniture limit was filled with chest.
  • Eortalpeid
    Eortalpeid
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The big issue is, housing storage is Off Line. This means you can not access it unless you activate the container.

Off Line was done so as to not burden the servers having to load all those slots. Even the Craft Bag is Off Line in that it is only visible when accessed. This is why you pull from inventory if you have mats both in the bag and in the bank or character.

If the banker doesn’t act on the same offline system then there is the lag answer.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    This is why you pull from inventory if you have mats both in the bag and in the bank or character.
    The exact opposite is true if you don't have ESO+ (because it expired) but still have crafting materials in the bag. Always pulls from bag first, even if you have plenty of mats in inventory.

What the OP is describing will most likely never happen, because the way housing storage works is an engineered inconvenience - no doubt intended to push players towards buying ESO+ for the inventory management benefits it provides.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos specifically chose to not have chest inventory space show up in our bank for the same reason they chose to add the chests to the game in the first place.

The larger our bank the more load there is on the server. With the chests Zos was able to add a good amount of storage with a very minor impact on the server since each query of inventory in a chest is limited to 30 or 60 items.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm continually shocked and amazed the ideas players come up with to promote their laziness ...

@idk has summarized the issue pretty well, though:
    idk wrote: »
    Zos specifically chose to not have chest inventory space show up in our bank for the same reason they chose to add the chests to the game in the first place.

The larger our bank the more load there is on the server. With the chests Zos was able to add a good amount of storage with a very minor impact on the server since each query of inventory in a chest is limited to 30 or 60 items.

• Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the chest system so I have a nice safe place to put equipment I need for later, and don't accidentally decon/have it clog up the crafting lists.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm continually shocked and amazed the ideas players come up with to promote their laziness ...

Eh...that's a little harsh. Putting forth ideas to reduce an endless stream boring, repetitive actions isn't being lazy.

I get that there has to be some control over inventory to limit server load. However, I do wish some things were done a bit more creatively. For example, that one piece of gear I forgot to deposit in the bank when finished with one character. To get it for another character I have to log out of the game, log back in, deposit it in the bank, log off, and log back in again. I spend a lot of time keeping inventory managed, but it still happens...and it's annoying as hell. :/