The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

For Everyone Crashing - Help

kaithuzar
kaithuzar
✭✭✭✭✭
I wanted to share an old piece of information worth a try.

Disabling Addons Does NOT work.
In order to not have ANY Addon information loaded, you MUST move/delete the addons from your addons folder. If you are simply attempting to turn them off or disable them from inside the game, you will see no results!
Please make sure your game & computer are restarted after moving/deleting the addons folder; it is located in your documents\ElderScrolls\Addons

(Like this post if it worked for you)
Member of:
Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
Just Chill - Crown's house
GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
Legend - Siffer fan boy club
TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
Purple - hamNchz is my hero
Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    The-Original-LOL-button__09352.1514871979.1280.1280-600x600.jpg
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone wants to say it's addons causing all the crashes, but what about the numerous people who are running without any addons and are still crashing left and right? Also, what would be the point of having the option to disable an addon if that didn't fully disable it, and by that I mean the game not accessing any info for it at all other than to display that you have it?

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see someone genuinely trying to offer some advice, it's just that the advice only looks at one potential thing when so many people aren't even using addons and keep crashing.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on the callstack I've seen in crash logs the current common crash has nothing to do with addons, it's from memory/cache management when at the look of it a release function gets called with null pointer and crashes when try to use that as a memory address.
    0 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010401f32e ZoAnimUnit::FirePreReleaseCallbacks() + 236
    1 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010401f08e ZoAnimUnit::Release() + 14
    2 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010401efc9 ZoAnimUnit::~ZoAnimUnit() + 25
    3 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010401f234 ZoAnimUnit::~ZoAnimUnit() + 14
    4 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000105fe2992 ZoCacheManager::DiscardUnreferenced(unsigned int, unsigned long long, bool) + 967
    5 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000105fe3525 ZoCacheManager::Update(unsigned int, unsigned int, bool, bool) + 211

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, we made some good progress today with testing some additional crash fixes, and are actually going to continue testing through the weekend. If everything passes QA, we'll get the incremental PC patch scheduled and will let you know when it will be deployed. To be clear, the crash fixes we're working on affect both PvE and Cyrodiil,with the latter involving some recent fixture optimizations occurring near Keeps.

It's not addons. ZOS has done goofed. Again.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running a ton of Addons and don't have crashes. So I don't know what is going on with so many people crashing. Now I haven't played in Cyrodil so that may be part of it.

Good luck all.