The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

has update 25 really made it worse?

wolfbone
wolfbone
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm on ps4, and we havent recived the update yet. is update 25 only made things worse like everybody is saying, or is this all just people looking for a reason to complain?
  • Long_Distance
    Long_Distance
    ✭✭✭
    Most of it is just people who like to complain for no reason. Only issues are minor ones like constant crashes in PvP, no more stam recovery, clunkier animation canceling, fast blocks causing crashes.. It's all fine.

You'll have a pet /s
    Edited by Long_Distance on February 29, 2020 5:27PM
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes the random crashes are introduced, not in PvP only, I had few crashes after the patch that had never before. No addons. also I noticed memory leaks of sort when looking at crash log, where game hogs big chunks of RAM before crash and starts to stutter. I'm running 16 GB of Predator on i7 8600K so it should be more than enough, but noticed in Murkmire since it is a event, where there are larger amount of players, it starts to stutter and crash can happen.
    Since they where addressing performance issues and also said that players and npc will load more efficiently something went bonkers. I have a pretty decent pc and still get FPS stutter, but it is important to say that it is not connected with actual rendering, even if there are no players in vicinity it happens. So it must be also the server side.

How it will be on consoles I do not know, but it did not went well on pc. As you can see, PvP's says it is not playable for them.
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    yeah its fine i was already constantly crashing before the patch and cyridill lag already made it so that the my skills wouldnt fire off. it just now happens to everyone. and the input lag is now normaly happening.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well i keep crashing every 10mins no matter what im doing in game, addons or no addons, makes no difference. Frustrating to say the least.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had hope :'(

I do PvP, so yh it feels like we went backwards

It would be nice to get more official communication from ZOS on these issues. This was supposed to be a performance update....
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on February 29, 2020 5:38PM
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also on the positive side, they probably will not push U25 until it is resolved, so no need to panic :#
    I mean it is logical thing to do.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apart from the crashing fiasco, particularly in Cyrodiil which is basically unplayable unless you are prepared to spend as long constantly logging back in as much as you are actually playing, there isn't a noticeable difference in performance as far as I can tell.

We were also told that this update would also improve loading screen times but there doesn't seem to be any improvement at all.

In fact it currently takes me about 10 seconds longer between log-in screen and character select arrival when logging in.

Imperial City login screens into the districts are at the very least the same and perhaps even slightly longer.

Travel between Wayshrines in same zone is perhaps a tad faster but can't detect any improvement in time it takes to enter and exit dungeons and trials.

There is one definite positive though, Tythis the personal banker doesn't walk away from you anymore when you summon him and stays by your side ! :)

• cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    crashing is ridiculous now...5-8 times an hour, regardless where i'm at and what i'm doing.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On PC, I saw an improvement in RAM usage (around 500MB less), NPCs load a little bit faster and also get less broken textures than before.

But I also saw often crashes in Cyro, stam recovery bug, longer loading screens and group finder seems bugged again. Before my last dungeon run, we were stuck for around 2-3 min in a "ready check" status with 3/4 roles filled and we couldnt do anything, not leave group, nothing. 3 min later, we got a message that someone declined the invite. Waiting time for finding a group seems way longer than before.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only positive change I’m seeing is that harvesting nodes is sometimes faster. Loading screens are just as slow as ever. And the crashes in Cyrodiil are much more frequent. Skills not firing and lag in Cyrodiil is just as bad or worse. Not seeing any of the promised performance improvements.
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on February 29, 2020 5:52PM
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I stopped going into cyro after trying it for 2 days. Crashed every other port and often crashed while riding between keeps. Switched to bgs, went fine until today where I crashed 2 times in a row after trying to leave a finished bg round.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    more lag, lag spikes, animation delay and lag, micro stutters and basically crashing about once an hour... but i can still play
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I get huge ping spikes out of nowhere even when I'm alone in the middle of nowhere, and I've noticed sometimes my bar swap is really delayed, aaaaand sometimes my skills aren't going off. I play PvE mind you, too, not PvP. Really great performance update, ittinit?
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes it is worse. The only benefit so far was a slightly more stable framerate. Other than that there is a laundry list of things the update broke.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont have crushes but game became more laggy.
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update is perfect,no crashes in cyridill. B)
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wolfbone wrote: »
    or is this all just people looking for a reason to complain?

Funny, coming from a regular complainer...
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Left cyro for a while coz of all the crashing, pve seems ok
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA

I think so. Longer load screens, several times game crashed unexpectedly Since new launcher can no longer get the news feed.
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad enough that I've stopped playing altogether. Constant crashes and random bans make things uncomfortable to say the least.

Yes, they unbanned the innocent accounts, but what about the next time?

Edited because proofreading is a thing.
    Edited by danthemann5 on February 29, 2020 9:03PM
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combining reading other people's posts with my own experience, it seems to me that if you had problems before then they probably haven't been fixed except for a few, and may be worse, while if you didn't have any problems before then nothing's really changed. However, I do think that we'll have a better idea of the overall situation after the first incremental patch on Monday.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cyro is broken. Crashing to a bug report screen multiple times an hour. Blocks broken (can lead to a crash if spammed). Block won’t register at times leading to dodge and break free issues...on a controller at least. I don’t know about kbm.

The game is worse since update 25.
  • nolangrady
    nolangrady
    ✭✭✭
    LOL so glad I jumped ship a few weeks ago. Not surprised in the least bit. Enjoy your new pets and fancy costumes as I am sure those are still performing at a high level. What a joke this game has become
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    Also on the positive side, they probably will not push U25 until it is resolved, so no need to panic :#
    I mean it is logical thing to do.

You really think they’re going to delay the update on console?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuck in combat bug used to be limited to PvP for me, but since the update now I'm getting it in PvE as well. It's cost me tickets and strongboxes with this goofy event reward setup, as I've had to look at corpses I couldn't loot, weapon swap, harvest, or anything with this new bug. The only way to make it go away is to camp out and come back in (at which point your ticket/box corpse has poofed), or go find other things to kill until the bug stops.

Also having to literally wait on the landscape to draw in front of me before I can advance. I've found some places I regularly go, like from the Elden Root wayshrine to the Undaunted camp, I have to jog, not ride. If I mount up, I know I will crash as soon as I reach the guild traders. And if I sprint, I will have to wait for the stairs to the Undaunted camp to appear, and the ground right in front of the key boxes will not fill in and I'll get stuck running in place. And this happens every sngle time, not just some random lag thng.

So, yeah. You have a lot to look forward to. Problem is, it may not be what you were hoping for.

Edited by Jaraal on February 29, 2020 9:34PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    wolfbone wrote: »
    I'm on ps4, and we havent recived the update yet. is update 25 only made things worse like everybody is saying, or is this all just people looking for a reason to complain?

Only cyro is broken, but still better love story than first two weeks of previous patch...
  • Long_Distance
    Long_Distance
    ✭✭✭
    nolangrady wrote: »
    LOL so glad I jumped ship a few weeks ago. Not surprised in the least bit. Enjoy your new pets and fancy costumes as I am sure those are still performing at a high level. What a joke this game has become

Might want to join you if i knew which ship to jump to :/
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s better and worse for me. I get more consistent frame rates, less jank and faster loading within a zone. Those gains are offset somewhat by crashes (mostly on exit), longer interzone loading screens and odd audio glitches. I’m basically satisfied, or will be once the crashes are sorted.
    forever stuck in combat
  • 85flyingbrick_ESO
    85flyingbrick_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Most of it is just people who like to complain for no reason. Only issues are minor ones like constant crashes in PvP, no more stam recovery, clunkier animation canceling, fast blocks causing crashes.. It's all fine.

You'll have a pet /s

rofl. i was about to be all snarky. you beat me to it. ;)
    PC/NA

• nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rager82b14_ESO
    If AC wasn't hard, everyone could've hit 80k but a lot of people struggle to get even 20k. Proper AC is the difference between a chill 30-minute dungeon run and wasted three hours.