The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

lightarmor buff

Noctus
Noctus
✭✭✭✭✭
light armor needs buff. its the weakest out of the 3 armor sets. atleast thats how i feel having played different characters
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defense wise i sorta agree, since shields are pretty bad on any class but magblade and magsorc. Light armor offense is fine how it is though.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re going to wear light armor for damage, @Noctus, then you better be prepared to get your resistances from somewhere else.

Fortunately, there are a lot of ways to buff your resist:

- Increasing your CP (CP PvP only)
    - Wearing protective jewelry
    - Using skills that buff resist such as the Warden Ice Cloak
    - Using a 5-pc set in light armor that has resistance bonuses (e.g. Armor Master, Impregnable, Fortified Brass)
    - Using a 5-pc set for weapons / jewelry that has resistance bonuses ... even if the set armor is heavy armor
    - Using a monster set that has resistance bonuses (e.g. Pirate Skeleton, Lord Warden, Bloodspawn, Chudan).

Bottom line, light armor is fine as is.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re going to wear light armor for damage, @Noctus, then you better be prepared to get your resistances from somewhere else.

- Using a 5-pc set in light armor that has resistance bonuses (e.g. Armor Master, Impregnable, Fortified Brass)
    - Using a 5-pc set for weapons / jewelry that has resistance bonuses ... even if the set armor is heavy armor
    - Using a monster set that has resistance bonuses (e.g. Pirate Skeleton, Lord Warden, Bloodspawn, Chudan).

Stacking resists and % mitigation shouldn't be the only way to be tankier. Very few people use the armor skills now, magsorcs and magblades are the only classes that can really use shields effectively because of their passive magicka bonuses. The heavy armor skill is just outright bad, i mean who wants to be slowed by 75% or whatever is? lol. The only armor skill that gets any real use is the medium armor one, and that's because it's basically overpowered.

All of the armor skills need to be reworked or looked into at least.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

Stacking resists and % mitigation shouldn't be the only way to be tankier. Very few people use the armor skills now, magsorcs and magblades are the only classes that can really use shields effectively because of their passive magicka bonuses. The heavy armor skill is just outright bad, i mean who wants to be slowed by 75% or whatever is? lol. The only armor skill that gets any real use is the medium armor one, and that's because it's basically overpowered.

Medium armor skill is definately not overpowered. Its actually fairly balanced.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's fine as is. Not sure where you want it buffed but I am guessing on resistance values.

On most of my Magicka DPS (PVE) characters I run around 26K to 28K Spell resistance and about 5K less physical resistance. Heck, I don't even use a damage shield except for the final boss fight in Vet ICP in case I get machine gunned.

• Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it 's not really. Major evasion and snare/root immunity or 30% movespeed all rolled into one skill? You gotta admit that's kinda OP, especially when you compare it to the light and heavy armor skills that don't even get used much anymore. In a game where the majority of the skills that kill people in pvp are aoe, 25% aoe damage reduction on top of immunity/move speed...Ya that's pretty busted.
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    I think it's fine as is. Not sure where you want it buffed but I am guessing on resistance values.

On most of my Magicka DPS (PVE) characters I run around 26K to 28K Spell resistance and about 5K less physical resistance. Heck, I don't even use a damage shield except for the final boss fight in Vet ICP in case I get machine gunned.

That's another issue with armor and class passives. Why aren't the resist passives from things like the DK and templar balanaced at all? Why do they have random spell resist passives but not physical resist? Being Nord is the only way to get physical resist outside of gear sets and likely the reason why theres so many more Nords in PvP now. When the majority of pvpers are stamina and can hit 5-7k weapon damage with almost no effort. Magicka classes have okay defense against other magicka classes but when it comes to defending against stamina it's not just the crazy weapon damage they can get but it's also the fact that no class or race has any physical resist passives aside from Nord. Unbalanced.
    Edited by Akinos on February 29, 2020 5:36PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea sure, I agree, but medium armor needs it just as much. Heavy armor builds are way ahead in the powercurve atm.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your class bias is showing, @Akinos. ;)

Avoiding defense, so that players can keep their high damage builds, is a natural tendency for any PvP player ... especially for PvP classes that lack defensive passives or skills.

So, I don’t blame you for wanting to improve skills that all classes can access.

I do agree that the Immovable Heavy Armor skill is useless. But, now we’re getting away from the thread topic ... which is not really a valid complaint that light armor (or medium armor) needs a buff.

Bottom Line: If you choose a class that lacks defense, you can’t skip building for defense ... and then beg ZOS for an improvement in skills everyone has access to.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭

No it 's not really. Major evasion and snare/root immunity or 30% movespeed all rolled into one skill? You gotta admit that's kinda OP, especially when you compare it to the light and heavy armor skills that don't even get used much anymore. In a game where the majority of the skills that kill people in pvp are aoe, 25% aoe damage reduction on top of immunity/move speed...Ya that's pretty busted.

That's another issue with armor and class passives. Why aren't the resist passives from things like the DK and templar balanaced at all? Why do they have random spell resist passives but not physical resist? Being Nord is the only way to get physical resist outside of gear sets and likely the reason why theres so many more Nords in PvP now. When the majority of pvpers are stamina and can hit 5-7k weapon damage with almost no effort. Magicka classes have okay defense against other magicka classes but when it comes to defending against stamina it's not just the crazy weapon damage they can get but it's also the fact that no class or race has any physical resist passives aside from Nord. Unbalanced.

I guess i come from a more overpowered era. Shuffle used to give passive dodge chance that would mitigate all damage for a sec and gave snare immunity. This version of shuffle is not as bad as it used to be specially when you used to be able to use it in heavy armor now that was busted, im actually ok with your definition of busted. I guess player wont ever be satisfied.
    Edited by mikey_reach on February 29, 2020 9:18PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From playing BGs: I think mediums okayish. I’ve seen some crazy burst medium builds that explode people, they just have problems in brawler games.

Light armour feels weak. I’ve been ignoring resistances almost completely and do well if you’re on a tanky class. The non-tanky classes get eaten up fast.

In general % mitigation and high self healing is better than armour.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 29, 2020 9:06PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your class bias is showing, @Akinos. ;)

Avoiding defense, so that players can keep their high damage builds, is a natural tendency for any PvP player ... especially for PvP classes that lack defensive passives or skills.

So, I don’t blame you for wanting to improve skills that all classes can access.

I do agree that the Immovable Heavy Armor skill is useless. But, now we’re getting away from the thread topic ... which is not really a valid complaint that light armor (or medium armor) needs a buff.

Bottom Line: If you choose a class that lacks defense, you can’t skip building for defense ... and then beg ZOS for an improvement in skills everyone has access to.

I don't have a class bias, if having 64 points into stamina and sets like fury wasn't the equivalent of playing the game on easy difficulty I would play stamina. Some of us actually prefer a challenge ya know?

You assume because i want some things to be more fair and balanced that I avoid having defense? The only people that have the luxury of playing without any defense people that are always surrounded by other members of their own faction, people like yourself :) I've played every build and every playstyle there is, and magicka defense has been pure crap compared to stamina for a long time now. Even when using defensive set. Stamina hits harder and takes less damage, no matter what.

I guess i come from a more overpowered era. Shuffle used to give passive dodge chance that would mitigate all damage for a sec and gave snare immunity. This version of shuffle is not as bad as it used to be specially when you used to be able to use it in heavy armor now that was busted, im actually ok with your definition of busted. I guess player wont ever be satisfied.

Yep, i remember the RNG dodge chance too, that was even more overpowered then the current version of medium.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it needs a buff for defense other than maybe the shield, but I would like some more offensive buffs to it since I would run quite a bit less resistances while wearing light.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use light armor and don't ever slot the shield on my chars since that worthless resistance stacking update. That's what ZOS' goal was, right? Shielding is a complete waste of time except on sorc, and even then my magsorc will never slot shields :D .