Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO+ for a month. What should I do first?

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Ok, I have maxed out characters on PS4, but just started playing on PC again. After about 2 weeks of play I couldn’t deal with the inventory management and subbed. I’ve done the main quest and small stuff here and there.

But ESO + gives you an enormous amount of options. I don’t do well with stuff like that. I need structure and priorities. A little of this and that here and there is leaving me feel no progress anywhere.

All of a sudden I got thieves guild, dark brotherhood, Morrowind, Summerset, Murkmire, orsinium, Caldwell’s, Dungeons etc. I kind of shut down and grind gear and flowers. There’s too much stuff to do.

If you were going on a month to month basis, where would you start?

• Dosuul
    Dosuul
    ✭✭✭
    If you like dungeons, run the DLC dungeons.

Dark brotherhood is quite different to the base game, maybe give it a try, too.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fill your bank space with your extra gear

Edited by jadarock on February 29, 2020 3:01PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on what you want to do.

The Murkmire event is currently going on, so you can pop in there for tickets, a stronghold, and double resources nodes.

If the Justice System is your thing, start the Dark Brotherhood quest to get the incredibly useful Blade of Woe.

If dungeons are your thing, give the DLC ones a try on normal first or just run them as they come up in the pledge rotation. If trials, there are always groups forming up in Craglorn to PUG the DLC trials like Cloudrest. With Orsinium, you have access to Maelstrom Arena if you want to challenge yourself in a solo arena.

If questing is your thing, Orsinium is a fantastic standalone story. Morrowind, Clockwork City, and Summerset together make up the Daedric Wars story arc. (Cadwell's Silver and Gold is all base game and can be done without ESO+)

If crafting is your thing, you can get certified for Jewelry crafting in Alinor, Summerset.
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 29, 2020 3:03PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do skill lines go away when the sub is up? Will I still retain the Blade of Woe? Psijic? Thieves Guild ? Jewelry Crafting? Transmute?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Do skill lines go away when the sub is up? Will I still retain the Blade of Woe? Psijic? Thieves Guild ? Jewelry Crafting? Transmute?

You keep skill lines (including the Blade of Woe and the ability to open thieves troves), but you can't use jewelry stations if you don't have Summerset access, even if you've gotten your character(s) certified.

Transmuting isn't a skill, so you'd need to have access to a transmute station in somebody's house after you lose access to CWC.

My advice is less about content to run, but here's my list of priorities when an ESO+ free trial comes around:

1. Dump mats from all characters into the craft bag.
    2. Visit any DLC zones and dungeons I haven't been to for the free swag.
    3. Dye costumes.
    4. Load up houses with furnishings to the double-capacity cap.
    5. Get the Blade of Woe for any crime-friendly characters.
    6. Take all characters to Abah's Landing to unlock thieves trove access.
    7. Do enough of the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood questlines to unlock their respective sweet costumes.
    8. Farm any gear from DLC dungeons and/or trials that I want.
    9. Do Summerset up to the point in the Psijic quest line where you can see Psijic portals.
    10. I'm not hardcore enough for vMA but that's a thing you could do if you want the weapons.
    11. Maybe look at what DLC achievements have cool dyes/titles/costumes that you want.

For questing, Orsinium is a great place to start since it's the earliest story DLC and as Varanis said it's excellent standalone content.

Beyond that yeah it depends on what you like to do.
    Edited by Ilsabet on February 29, 2020 3:50PM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest hitting up DLCs that have skill lines. DB and TG are good places to start IMO. Trials (even on normal) to experience them as most are now part of DLCs. Morrowind, CWC, and Summerset are a good set of zone quests to do in that order. Very good storyline with Summerset being the best.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great idea. BlackHand Robes and Telvanni Personality shall be my priority for now. I need to get a good look going.

After the Abah’s landing pilgrimage and creating some new characters. Not sure how long I’m gonna stay on PC. I’ve got one character up to CP 160.

I really wanted to try the ad-ons but they’re not making a significant difference in my gaming. And I apparently don’t know how to use most of them either?