The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamden build No-CP, advice plz

Tryxus
Tryxus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
A little while ago, I race changed my Warden to Imperial and respecced him to Stamden. I'm really happy with this change so far, but the thing is that I've pretty much only played Magicka chars in PvP and I've little to no experience with Stamina. I did play a bit of NB and DK, but that was for about 1 week each, so yeah... I could use advice from more experienced Stamina players regarding Stamina gameplay, build advice, etc,... Basically anything that could help me git gud with Stam :p

Currently I'm mostly playing BG/No-CP. My gear setup is 5x Fury and 5x Armor Master with Bloodspawn. I've seen several builds using NMA instead of Fury, but I'm not really sure about the set because of the cost increase since I'm new to Stamina and still learning to manage my resources, plus it's No-CP. On the other hand, I'm an Imperial so I might not even feel the increase that badly. Would it be worth it to switch, or is Fury the better option for now?

And then there's Armor Master which I picked for the extra resistances, trying to be a bit tankier and making my first attempts to learn Stamina a bit more forgiving :p . But even with this I still have the same issues that I had back on my NB and DK: the moment I take too much damage and am being pressured I find it difficult to heal up again and bounce back. So I guess I'm doing smth wrong here or I need more practice?

I've been thinking about using Ancient Dragonguard instead, or maybe a sustain set like Bone Pirate, but I fear that will make me "squishier".

My current skill setup is:
- Bird of Prey, Sub Assault, D Swing, Executioner, Spores, DBoS/Onslaught
- Netch, Ice Fortress, Shuffle, Vigor, Arctic Blast, Healing Thicket

Food Dubious Camoran and the Warrior Mundus

Any advice to help me understand Stamina gameplay better or improve my build is more than welcome :)

Edit:

Updated my build, currently running:

- 2x Bloodspawn
- 5x Fury (2x infused jewelry with WD, 1x Healthy with WD glyph, 2x Armor Chest & Legs with Prismatic glyphs)
- 5x NMA frontbar (Nirn Maul, 3x Heavy Armor)
- Potentates S&B backbar (Infused Berserker glyph, Impen shield with Stam glyph)

Front bar: Bird of Prey, Sub Assault, D Swing, Executioner, FM, DBoS/Onslaught
Backbar: Netch, Ice Fortress, Spores, Vigor, Arctic Blast, Spell Wall
Edited by Tryxus on March 5, 2020 11:29AM
"The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    My advice is always go 5 heavy, 2 medium on Stamina builds (if not a Nord), and always use Bloodspawn. Slimecraw is a good option too if you want to drop Bird of Prey -- slightly worse sustain and survivability, but better damage. I personally dislike the Dizzying Swing playstyle so I use S&B as my primary bar. For sets, I recommend using Hunding's Rage + Briarheart or Viper's Sting. Nirnhoned 2h axe on the front and Nirnhoned 1h on back. Poisons I use are either Double DoT poisons or Double Drain poisons depending on the class. The potions I use are Restore Health, Restore Stamina, Physical Resistance. And Artaeum Takeaway Broth is a must imo ^^

For Stamden my bars would look like:
    2h: Executioner, Forward Momentum, Swarm, Stampede, Ice Fortress, Dawnbreaker.
    S&B: Subterranean Assault, Resolving Vigor, Netch, Cutting Dive/Silver Shards, Reverberating Bash, Spell Wall.

My stamina builds are Imperials too. You can check out the builds in my signature if you're interested in seeing the gear and stats. They pretty much apply to all Stamina classes imo.
    Edited by Vermethys on February 29, 2020 3:08PM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • Iki
    Iki
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Tryxus, I recommend you drop armor master and get another 5pc dmg-set, fury alone won`t give enough power to pressure strong pvp-builds, 2 x 5pc dmg sets are needed for that these days. And stamden with bloodspawn, especially with 5 pc heavy armor is tanky enough, no need for extra resists from armor master. Consider options like new moon acolyte, clever alchemist or spriggan. New moon and spriggan work well as front-bar only sets (but spriggan being useless with onslaught), so you can then have potentates s&b or brb dual-wield backbar further increasing your survivability. If you have s&b backbar, try spell wall instead of healing thickets as oh shite ulti.

For BGs you could also try glasscannon approach and go with 5pc medium armor, something like nma + clever a/spriggan to maximize your burst. Battlegrounds often feels like shooter-game where the one who first lands good burst-combo wins, and no matter how tanky you are it`s hard to recover from serious received combos, so might aswell try to land as big burst as possible first. Ofc this is also about personal preferences, playstyle and what battleground mode one is playing, tankyness is very helpful in some game-modes.

D swing + onslaught is op against single-targets, but going dual wield with dbos and whirling blades is good when theres multiple nicely stacked targets in front of you. So we get to choose between being more effective vs single target or less effective but threat to multiple targets.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't use a defensive 5 piece as a stamden. It's a waste of a set. Stamdens have major mending when they drop below 40% and have very strong self healing. Race change to nord if possible. Nord + bloodspawn is all the defense you need.

Work on your combo as well. This is a burst meta due to the overtuned healing and in order to kill people you need to do all your dmg in a short amount of time. As a stamden it goes minor berserk > bugs > dswing + heavy attack for the off balance stun > bonk > execute.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the suggestions :) Much appreciated.

I made the switch to Heavy Armor, and I feel a lot sturdier while still being able to dish out some damage as well. I made a set of NMA with Potentates backbar, and I'm going to try out some of the other sets you guys suggested as soon as I'm able to.

Plus I think I'm getting the hang of managing my resources as a Stam build even with the extra cost increase from NMA :p

Also, thx for the food, potions and poison suggestions :) They are very helpful

About the DW suggestion, does that work well in open world Cyro PvP? What weapon types should I go for then, which traits and what spammable (if any) should I use? Might give this a go whenever I go back to Cyro

And another question: vampirism, is it worth having it on a Stam build or is it not needed?
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Don't use a defensive 5 piece as a stamden. It's a waste of a set. Stamdens have major mending when they drop below 40% and have very strong self healing. Race change to nord if possible. Nord + bloodspawn is all the defense you need.

Work on your combo as well. This is a burst meta due to the overtuned healing and in order to kill people you need to do all your dmg in a short amount of time. As a stamden it goes minor berserk > bugs > dswing + heavy attack for the off balance stun > bonk > execute.

Thank you for this :) I'll practice on that burst combo.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo... I've been eyeing the Clever Alchemist set since it got updated and I've been thinking about swapping Fury with it. Something along the lines of:

- 2x Bloodspawn Medium
    - 5x NMA Frontbar (3x Body Heavy Impen & Nirnhoned Maul with Absorb Stam glyph)
    - 5x Clever Alchemist Backbar (2x Body Heavy Impen, 1x Necklace Infused with Potion Speed & DW Maces Nirn with Foulness and Infused with Berserker glyph)
    - 2x Potentates rings with Weapon Damage glyphs

Skills front bar: Bird of Prey, Sub Assault, D Swing, Executioner, FM & DBoS/Onslaught
    Skills back bar: Bull Netch, Ice Fortress, Quick Cloak, Resolving Vigor, Arctic Blast & Healing Thicket

Boost with Clever along with a bit of Potion Speed assist (downtime would be 15-16 secs?), have Potentates on all the time and access to Major Evasion. I'd have to get Major Mending from Thicket tho :/ and I'm not sure about my WD without any buffs. My rings aren't transmuted yet so I think I'll be around 3-3.1k unbuffed which may be a bit low especially during downtime.

Any thoughts? Yay or nay?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’d play around with shimmering shield. I don’t know if it’s good on a stamwarden as MagWarden, but being able to absorb projectiles is pretty awesome.

Basicly it lets you negate projectiles for a while so you can heal back up.

I also liked having crit rush when I had a stamwarden. You use shalks and crit rush which lines up the shalks to hit, plus you can start your med/heavy attack mid air.

The combo I always used was shalks - dizzy or whatever - crit rush (immediately start loading the heavy) - hit, release the medium to stun - onslaught - executioner. Something like that, I usually play it by ear so it wasn’t a set thing.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 10, 2020 9:30PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Tryxus I’ve put together a similar setup for my magplar (greatsword instead of maul) and my brief experience with it so far is to be careful with your sustain. I’ve gone infused necklace with spell damage and arcane recovery rings plus recovery mundus (on a breton no less). But I can scale down recovery once I get comfortable with it.

Should work fine on stamden. What race? If you wanted you could try medium armor on a nord with armor pots for access to shuffle, using netch instead of FM for the purge and stam return, and medium will buff your weapon damage and boost recovery. Plus you could go sword and board instead of DW on back bar for more defense.

Either way, heavy or medium I think it’s a solid setup, plus you don’t have to worry about building up your damage as with Fury.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube