The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Murkmire memories

Mofasa
Mofasa
✭✭✭
There is one thing I will remember most from the Murkmire event...: 'Your eyes are as lovely as muddy puddles......'
Can we get a limit on NPC responses?
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mofasa wrote: »
    There is one thing I will remember most from the Murkmire event...: 'Your eyes are as lovely as muddy puddles......'

It would be nice if there was some flexibility built in.

Comments like these are lovely the first time you hear them. They really add to the sense of place and make it feel as if there are actually things going on in those areas.

They’re a whole load less interesting and a ton more irritating when you’ve heard them enough times to be able to repeat them or they’re overlapped by 101 other whining NPC’s desperately trying to flog you their questlines.

Forget the muddy puddles of Murkmire and go visit Elden Root weyshrine, where the amount of overlapping dialogue is so great it’s almost impossible to actually make sense out of any of it.

It strikes me that Mournhold’s popularity could be entirely down to the lack of irritating NOC action around the weyshrine.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy the random npc speaking, it make the game more lively, but I did notice that particular npc in Murkmire speaks that every time when you pass him. I don't think it needs to be changed globally, but there are few npcs that needs to be tuned a bit.
    It is more like a bug on some npc rather than the general problem.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Dragons! In your own homeland! What are you going to do?"

The fact that I've heard these two in several different places is as annoying as having to hear it over and over again in just one of them. At least "ur eyes r liek luvly pudduls" guy is only in Murkmire and we don't have to hear it anywhere else. It'd be nice if there was a way to turn off repeated dialogue so you don't have to hear people having the same conversation a million times though. I've settled for turning the Dialogue audio down in the settings, and only turn it up when I'm doing new content I haven't heard the dialogue for yet (the voice acting in the Harrowstorm dungeons is super good).
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    I'm about to head up to the new Root-Whisper village. Wanna come along?
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mofasa wrote: »

I’m going to start hearing that line in my sleep. It’s one of my favorite NPC conversations because it’s so oddly adorable, but still...
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There should be a way to turn off this kind of annoying side dialog you've heard for the 15th billion time. :/