The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lower drop rate survey reports ?

dutchusuk
dutchusuk
✭✭✭
Since the patch i only get 1 or 2 doing the daily writs with 10 characters, before the patch i was between 5 and 10.
  • pgorbas_ESO
    pgorbas_ESO
    ✭✭
    Your question is unclear. You only get "1 or 2", used to get "5 and 10" what?
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your question is unclear. You only get "1 or 2", used to get "5 and 10" what?

Clue is in the title.......
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed that in general but there are a few things I did notice:
    - Surveys have become way more clumped in Northern Elsweyr and Vvardenfell, those surveys drop about 2.5-3x more frequently than the others; In 2 months I get the same stack size I get for other zones in 6 - I normally collect every 6 months per zone to make it more efficient, since the stack size is 18-20 on average.
    - Jewelry crafting surveys are slightly rarer than the others, and cover far less of the necessary quantities for writs; I have to buy 5-6k platinum ounces a month to cover the difference, while for others I haven't bought anything in more than a year.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do dailies on 11 characters atm, was 10 until last week. I did the survey reports 2 days ago, before starting off today I had 21 in my bank, this is fairly consistent with my experience post patch. It's RNG and some days I get fewer, some days I get more. So no real difference noticed in my case.
    Asardes wrote: »
    - Surveys have become way more clumped in Northern Elsweyr and Vvardenfell, those surveys drop about 2.5-3x more frequently than the others; In 2 months I get the same stack size I get for other zones in 6 - I normally collect every 6 months per zone to make it more efficient, since the stack size is 18-20 on average.
    - Jewelry crafting surveys are slightly rarer than the others, and cover far less of the necessary quantities for writs; I have to buy 5-6k platinum ounces a month to cover the difference, while for others I haven't bought anything in more than a year.

- Craglorn, Coldharbour, Vvardenfell, Northern Elsweyr & Wrothgar have the most writs of any zone for me in general, but it tends to change which zone I get the most in out of them. Haven't noticed anything different post patch there either, and it makes sense those zones gets more writs since they have 3 surveys instead of 1 compared to other zones.
    -JC surveys are roughly on par with the rest for me as well, there are differences between the professions on a weekly basis for me, but over time they seem pretty even still. I do tend to have to buy mast for all 4 gear professions from time to time, except for leather.

And this is based on doing dailies on 10 chars for the last 6 months, and 8 chars for the last 1.5 year. So a fairly large sample size.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep, I've noticed the Vvardenfell and Northern Elsweyr thing too
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed any unusual drop in frequency. It's always varied a good bit for me-- sometimes I get a lot, other times none-- and that's still the case. RNG is such a fickle beast.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bucky_13 wrote: »
    Do dailies on 11 characters atm, was 10 until last week. I did the survey reports 2 days ago, before starting off today I had 21 in my bank, this is fairly consistent with my experience post patch. It's RNG and some days I get fewer, some days I get more. So no real difference noticed in my case.
    Asardes wrote: »

- Craglorn, Coldharbour, Vvardenfell, Northern Elsweyr & Wrothgar have the most writs of any zone for me in general, but it tends to change which zone I get the most in out of them. Haven't noticed anything different post patch there either, and it makes sense those zones gets more writs since they have 3 surveys instead of 1 compared to other zones.
    -JC surveys are roughly on par with the rest for me as well, there are differences between the professions on a weekly basis for me, but over time they seem pretty even still. I do tend to have to buy mast for all 4 gear professions from time to time, except for leather.

And this is based on doing dailies on 10 chars for the last 6 months, and 8 chars for the last 1.5 year. So a fairly large sample size.

I think they added a hidden multiplier to Northern Elsweyr and Vvardenfell to be on par with Wrothgar and Craglorn, since the former only have one location for each type of survey, while the latter have 3.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dutchusuk wrote: »
    Since the patch i only get 1 or 2 doing the daily writs with 10 characters, before the patch i was between 5 and 10.

I gey WAY more than that. Like an inconvenient amount. I definately have not experienced a notocable drop since the update.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQDUjYNQVsIFl0ktkbkSlfYPkzP6pgCOTMQ-qCuzfaI/edit#gid=2130139889

No reduced rate here. It's been higher than expected all patch, except Jewelry for some reason (expected is 12.5%)
    Edited by tmbrinks on March 21, 2020 12:57PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe just bad RGN, but the thought has crossed my mind several times lately.
  • indigorune
    indigorune
    ✭✭✭
    I get tons of surveys, except jewelry. Those seem to drop way less often for me.
    PC-NA | EP
    PvE main --> K'hira - Khajiiti stamblade
    Trade Guild: Free Marketers