The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are drops still a thing?

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Usually i get more or less regularly drops when i watch channels that i have them on but since a couple weeks i dont get ANY anymore...did anything change? Do others have the same problem...? any way to fix it?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drops are still a thing when drops are enabled. Drops are not always enabled.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm weird i always got them in the past but now not a single one despite having regularly streams on in recent weeks...
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drops need to be enabled. some channels never have them enabled. most channels have them enabled right now. saturday 2pm est - there will be a separate drop stream also - i beleive there is a pinned post at the top of the forum.

if you are watching enabled streams and still not getting ANY drops - make sure your ESO and twitch accounts are still connected. disconnecting and reconnecting them may also be a good idea (you need to disconnect on twitch AND ESO account as well as bethesda account BEFORE you try to reconnect again)

I haven't gotten drops ever day of streams but i HAVE gotten them as recently as few days ago, so they are still working.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I heard a streamer tell their audience that if they mute the channel inside Twitch, Twitch will count them as not present. The streamer advised that you mute the browser tab instead if you need to do that.
    Not sure if this affects you -- or if what the streamer said is actually correct.
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've actually noticed Twitch seems to have a pattern. First 2 days I will usually get drops, but after that it turns stingy. Part of me wonders if that's deliberate, but I don't expect to ever get an answer. I make a point to watch streams with drops that have low population (5 people or less) every time since watching only qualifies you for a CHANCE out of all the people watching. Theoretically a drop should be guaranteed if you watch a stream with barely any population for 6+ hours, but every time it stops giving drops after day 2. Perhaps that's coincidence, but it makes me wonder.
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • WilliamESO
    WilliamESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's bugged with me i never got twitch crates once
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on Windows, I've found that you also need to go into your Twitch account settings every single time you start Twitch and enable the settings that say you allow other people to see what you're doing, or something like that. Hang on...

Okay, after you start Twitch, you have to click on the little head-and-shoulders icon in the upper right.

Click the slide switch so it says that you're Online, and make sure the slide switch below that one says Share My Activity.

For some reason, every single time I start Twitch it defaults back to Offline instead of maintaining those settings. Or at least, it used to. Now it looks like it's remembering it if I exit and then restart? If so, that's a good thing-- but make sure you check it.

On the other hand, I've never had to do this on my iPad, once I changed those settings they were remembered.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean fps drops? Yeah
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    I heard a streamer tell their audience that if they mute the channel inside Twitch, Twitch will count them as not present. The streamer advised that you mute the browser tab instead if you need to do that.
    Not sure if this affects you -- or if what the streamer said is actually correct.

This is true, even ZOS has stated this.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

This is true, even ZOS has stated this.

well thats the reason then
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use an app on old phone using wifi.I turn it on,lower quality to 160p,and mute phone volume,and let it run while I play on PC.I get drops 95% of the time,rarely don't get one.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I used to get Twitch drops before,
    but now I don't get a single anymore.
    The entire system is probably buggy as is the rest of the game...