The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battleground Matchmaking and mmr imbalanced

OlumoGarbag
OlumoGarbag
✭✭✭✭✭
I know we are only a few days into a fresh mmr start, but the matchmaking is completly unbalanced. I have not once encountered a deathmatch where all 3 teams were performing similarly well. There is always one team that outperforms the others bc they have way more skilled players.

Atm it looks like mmr is not only created by performance but also how many games you played. That should be considered tho.
In my opinion mmr should only be raised or lowered both by your teams and your performance in your team. If your team loses but you are by far the best player in you team you should gain mmr. If your team wins but you did not really contribute to that, you should get lower mmr. If you perform similarly well like your teammates you have reached a sweet spot and should only gain mmr if your team wins. In a balanced match the teams should be generated equally strong and the teammates should also be about the same skill level. So you actually have to fight for a win. Atm the team with unequally more skilled players just stomps the other 2 teams.

Now that we have reset mmr and premades arent an issue, its finally time for zenimax to rework mmr. And give us insight on how exactly its rated.
Edited by OlumoGarbag on February 29, 2020 3:42AM
class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • WilliamESO
    WilliamESO
    ✭✭✭
    I win every bgs since 2 years 99% of wins...
  • WilliamESO
    WilliamESO
    ✭✭✭
    (Only solo)
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every bg I've played since the patch has been a lot closer result than prior to patch. Particularly death match. Still seeing a proliferation of templars but otherwise much improved.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only metric which exists to measure effectiveness in BG is medal score, wins does not matter for that you can lose every game and still by top of the leader board, trust me I have been 1# or 2# for months until recently on Deathmatch LB, IF you want your medal score to be high the best thing you can do is play support/dps so you can gain healing and assist medals, help your team with defensive use of CC, Offheal, use AOE ults.

Mag "selfish" builds do not do well when it comes to farming "MMR" so if you are a sorc for the love of God use a matri and resto staff instead of no pet Sword and board, you can spam kill steals just as well with either build but the ones who heal will win more and outperform the ones who don't without fail (resto ult wins games). Same for all class if you have Mag build you need to be offhealing, nobody cares if you are 8-0 if you let them all die and team losses ok.

Stam part of your job is tanking and peeling, tanking doesn't mean heavy armor and hold block it just means you need to soak some damage even if it's with dodgeroll or baiting people in to chasing you. Anything to help divide the focus of enemy damage on your team, stam class have access to good stuns if you see anyone attack your men the first thing to do is CC them off than they can live and heal you thus leading to an increase in your damage/score. BG is NOT SOLO PVP
    Use echoing Vigor, be a bro use ech-o it's that simple. Take snipe off your bar, it's not effective play style.

Healers, YOU ARE BLESSED

Use AOE, I hate to promote this but you get medals for assists for the other teams too if you are in there tapping everything with a slow or dot you will be getting decent scores even when your team is potato sack, turn a loss into a gain. Play lots.

Do whatever you want, none of this advice is really about PvP it's about how to medal score and end up in high MMR bgs so you can consistently be matched with the best players in the game who you can than watch and learn from.

It's imbalanced right now because all the people that did these things have been reset too and are now farming you.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    precambria wrote: »
    The only metric which exists to measure effectiveness in BG is medal score, wins does not matter for that you can lose every game and still by top of the leader board, trust me I have been 1# or 2# for months until recently on Deathmatch LB, IF you want your medal score to be high the best thing you can do is play support/dps so you can gain healing and assist medals, help your team with defensive use of CC, Offheal, use AOE ults.

Mag "selfish" builds do not do well when it comes to farming "MMR" so if you are a sorc for the love of God use a matri and resto staff instead of no pet Sword and board, you can spam kill steals just as well with either build but the ones who heal will win more and outperform the ones who don't without fail (resto ult wins games). Same for all class if you have Mag build you need to be offhealing, nobody cares if you are 8-0 if you let them all die and team losses ok.

Stam part of your job is tanking and peeling, tanking doesn't mean heavy armor and hold block it just means you need to soak some damage even if it's with dodgeroll or baiting people in to chasing you. Anything to help divide the focus of enemy damage on your team, stam class have access to good stuns if you see anyone attack your men the first thing to do is CC them off than they can live and heal you thus leading to an increase in your damage/score. BG is NOT SOLO PVP
    Use echoing Vigor, be a bro use ech-o it's that simple. Take snipe off your bar, it's not effective play style.

Healers, YOU ARE BLESSED

Use AOE, I hate to promote this but you get medals for assists for the other teams too if you are in there tapping everything with a slow or dot you will be getting decent scores even when your team is potato sack, turn a loss into a gain. Play lots.

Do whatever you want, none of this advice is really about PvP it's about how to medal score and end up in high MMR bgs so you can consistently be matched with the best players in the game who you can than watch and learn from.

It's imbalanced right now because all the people that did these things have been reset too and are now farming you.

I unno but all that supposes folks who previously had high MMRs are actively seeking to regain a high MMR and hence high match made matches. Rather, I think many who previously had high MMRs are doing BG's to see whats up, drop a a few fools,and laugh at low MM rated players. That's the sense I get. Watch a few streams and see how the streamers are responding (those streamers who can brawl a lil bit lol).

In time player ratings will level out.The cream will rise to the top once more. The chaff will be separated from the grain. Everyone will basically PUG a BG with similarly skilled and experienced players. Though, there was something to be said for a skilled pre-made facing off against whatever was ranged against them by the match making system of before...just as something could be said about CP in a BG. Well, no one reaches for the stars anymore. Vox populi, vox dei.