The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PVE healing still needs nerfs!

Icaruzs
Icaruzs
✭✭✭
I'm a main healer and i still feel that even with the nerfs on healing a few patchs ago, healing is still too easy.

We just apply our grand healing, radiant rejuvenation and throw a healing orb. And if you get in trouble and your dds or tank are not in the area of these skills you can use a burst heal of your class.

What i'm trying to say is there's no healer feeling, like "lets heal the injured" or i need to maximize my Healing per second like DD's, because those 3 skills (grand,radiant and energy orb) just provide a burst of healing that you dont have to worry about the health of your group, and only worry about keeping buffs and debuffs up. (combat prayer, minor vun and etc)

Healing still overpowered (and i'm a main healer ) right know, and the proof is that you can run a vet dlc dungeon HM with 3 dd's, just sloting a healing skill, like echoing vigor, grand healing, radiant regenaration in each dps and you will be more than fine (and have a higher dps overall)

We need a heal nerf, because is not even fun to heal anymore, and in some content we are not even required to be there.

#edit forgot to metion that if you are going to the 3 DD's and one tank set up, your tank can use energy orb for your's DD which is another burst heal and also recover their resources.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is also in PvP
    i have never seen healing this bad before in the entire History of eso.
    last night after about 30 minutes of fighting a mass Tank widdled down to about .01% health and he was right on the edge of death i just needed one mmore damage ability on him and he ran and as he ran he clicked the 1 heal and instantly he was at 60% health again.
    that is disgusting.
    and in addition they are able to do just as much or even sometime builds More damage output than others.
    its not fair gameplay.
    it should be that the more you can heal, then the less damage you should be able to do.

Edited by Gilvoth on February 29, 2020 12:29AM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we need to stop calling healers "healers". I see the role as support and the primary reason to be in any group is for the buffs and debuffs that add a massive amount of damage and utility if used properly. The actual healing is just a nice bonus. If you're upset that your heals aren't needed in a group, that's a much larger issue than nerfing healing can solve. Players don't need healing for a variety of reasons. Players have self heals, damage shields and they should be playing defensively when necessary to avoid damage. What dps can't do is apply their own combat prayer or olarime buff. They can't apply crusher without a dps loss.

Start looking at healers as support and less as heal bots. Don't look at the health bars as your main metric for determining how good you are. Look at combat prayer uptime, warhorn uptime, orbs/shards, etc. Those are the things I'm looking for in a healer.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What healing nerf? Healing has been massively buffed with Scalebreaker. Full spellpower builds with stacking long duration HOTs has turned healing into reapplying two skills every ten seconds.
    Edited by FakeFox on February 29, 2020 12:35AM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    If healing is too easy then throw some DPS out there to help out the group. I can hit 22k on my full healer build without even trying, and when the bosses have dps checks its that little bit of damage that makes all the difference. Oh and btw the orbs patch was more of a buff if anything. Just switch to mystic orbs and increase the overall group dps by a lot(works great with harmony groups btw).
  • Icaruzs
    Icaruzs
    ✭✭✭
    If healing is too easy then throw some DPS out there to help out the group. I can hit 22k on my full healer build without even trying, and when the bosses have dps checks its that little bit of damage that makes all the difference. Oh and btw the orbs patch was more of a buff if anything. Just switch to mystic orbs and increase the overall group dps by a lot(works great with harmony groups btw).

if i'm playing a healer, my main concern should not be dealing damage...
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icaruzs wrote: »

Your main concern in any group should be providing what the group needs to succeed, whether that's heals, support or even damage in some situations.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And here lies the heart of the problem.
    You have a preconceived notion about what healing should be and since eso does not conform to this its flawed somehow?
    If all you are doing is those 3 skills no wonder people want 3 dps...
    I'm sorry but both healers and tanks in this game are support roles.
    You need to drop your preconceptions and embrace what healing really is in this game.
    This is SUPPORT.
    You are not a heal bot.
    You support the group as situations require.
    As you would actually know had you done challenging content where healers have to be on point...
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »

And here lies the heart of the problem.
    You have a preconceived notion about what healing should be and since eso does not conform to this its flawed somehow?
    If all you are doing is those 3 skills no wonder people want 3 dps...
    I'm sorry but both healers and tanks in this game are support roles.
    You need to drop your preconceptions and embrace what healing really is in this game.
    This is SUPPORT.
    You are not a heal bot.
    You support the group as situations require.
    As you would actually know had you done challenging content where healers have to be on point...

Couldn't have said it better.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know about that... I have alot of fun taking my PVP magDK into dungeons as a healer. All I gotta do is switch a few skills.
    And I still have my PvP burst damage to help to kill bosses and trash. It's such a fun way to play.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We need a heal nerf, because is not even fun to heal anymore, and in some content we are not even required to be there

A Generic heal nerf would do 0 to Tank 3 DD setup. Players were doing Tank + 3 DD before the heal buff, and we would do it after the heal nerf. Why?

Because Heals scale off DPS stats. There. Want to fix Tank / 3 DD? DPS setups contribute nothing to heal scaling. The only option would be Max HP based burst heal for tank. This is less useful for DPS since it scales with a stat that goes against DPS output. Stacking HP gear would improve the heal, but lower overall damage. Players would need to invest into a Heal Power stat that would directly lower their over output in weapon/spell damage. Survival builds would blend HP/Heal/Dmg thus splitting the strength three ways instead of just HP splash + Dmg.
    Edited by karekiz on February 29, 2020 11:45PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The heal changes have definitely made it easier to play a heal/DPS hybrid. So yes, this means that a “DPS” can provide decent healing in 4 man content. It also means that “healers” can put out a lot of damage, especially in a Z’en’s + Martial Knowledge trial setup. I wouldn’t say that healing was buffed, in fact the removal of multi-Orb and stacking springs reduced the maximum HPS a healer could output. However it increased healing per cast (mainly from the longer duration on Illustrious), which resulted in more open GCDs in a heal “rotation”, and they were naturally filled with more damage skills.

I honestly don’t have any problem with this new heal/DPS meta, a pure healing build has never been particularly fun or useful in this game. It’s always been about mixing in support skills and increasing group DPS (directly or indirectly). Needing healing skills wouldn’t change this anyway, but it would lead to some frustrated players in random dungeons (blame the healer because their skills are now weaker) and make things harder for new healers trying to learn the role.
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP, you must not be running vet trials. I have watched Lokk melt people beyond two healers capacity. I've seen Jassa and the twins wipe a full top perfoming trial guild out, where the healers ran out of resources before they could recover, even at 3000mag rec.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If dps stats did nothing for healing then healers in ESO would become as crappy as tanks. no thank you thats idiotic. I like having some ability to actually defeat enemies as healers/tanks.

How about the obvious, easiest fix for this issue? this is an issue fabricated by people who want to feel "needed" as healer for the most part, when healers already make any serious endgame content far better.

Ignore the whiners and move on.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    I´m a long time dps on magplar, stamblade, magsorc. In a simple protest I made a healer and have been running dungeons for two weeks or so now.

Some observations as healer and my long time as dps. Often when player´s ask healer to support with dps they all the time have dps issues, can be not updated gear, too low lvl to run some dungeon`s, rotations issues.

Some general knowledge of the dungeon they want to run are often missing - it´s like they know, but don´t care. I goo into Scp norm and pullling bosses because they are low on dps and no taunt (can be fake tank ) and tell me that I´m not allowed to do damage - this is part of my rotation. These player´s are wasting my time.

If any dps ask a healer to add dps at a high level to complete the dungeon, they should´nt be in that dungeon. As a healer I se allot what´s going on around me and what I se regarding dps and knowledge of mech is scary.

On op. If it´s getting too easy as a healer for you I can recommend tank or dps. I do it all - not so much tanking yet, but I´m there.

People need to look into their build, rotation and level when enter dungeon´s. I have not yet been able to get my skillpoint on my healer for Scp doing pug - group´s wasn´t simply not good enough.

Leave the healer and healing alone ! Ty

Edited by svendf on March 3, 2020 5:21PM