The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request: Allowing players to place consumable items in home so guests can pick them up please!

Scion_of_Yggdrasil
Scion_of_Yggdrasil
✭✭✭✭✭
I posted about this already but I didn't realize there is a special forum just for housing! So...

I grew up playing Elder Scrolls, and my favorite thing to do was arrange all my stuff! Scrolls, soul gems, books, food, potions, gear... and in Skyrim, depending on your relationship, some home owners would allow you to take basic things without it being stealing. You were a welcomed guest!

I would love to be able to do the same in my player home: to arrange a variety of foods, drinks, potions, even gear I make for friends! I want my guests to be able to come into my home and help themselves. There could be a setting that allows you to change a visitors permission to pick up such items.

Or even allowing chests to be accessible by guests, or an option to make a chest accessible to guests. Then I could store potions and runes I make for my friends, instead of constantly having to trade.

Is this something others would enjoy too? Something the devs would even entertain?
Edited by Scion_of_Yggdrasil on March 5, 2020 4:14PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That might push the furnishings limit. And it might also require the location to be persistent somehow even when no one is there.

That said, FFXIV allows people to put down "consumable furnishings". A mix of furnishing and consumable. Typically it's a food item. You craft it as a furnishing and you place it like a furnishing but once the number of portions have been used by people, it vanishes.

If anything they might make a new type of chest to isolate the utility from the home, but the potential for multiple persons accessing it like a guild bank might create server costs. Imagine them handing out a mini-guildbank to everyone. The ability to access the guild banks we have are already slow and unreliable.

What sounds cool is often complicated, sadly.

The FFXIV furnishing-with-charges idea I think has potential though. Suppose an existing "apple basket" furnishing could be loaded with "charges" by putting in (what else?) Apples. People can click on it and put in or take out apples. Since it's limited to exactly one type of item, they can just track one number. And they can lock out simultaneous usage with "this item is already in use" similar to gathering nodes or whatever.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on February 28, 2020 8:10PM