The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Levels and Dungeons

MrToade
MrToade
Soul Shriven
Good day all,

I'm looking at running my first dungeons in ESO but I'll be honest and say I'm a bit green...so I had a couple of questions:

Is there a minimum level when queuing for dungeons?
Either an actual block until you hit level x or a expectation from other players that you should be at least level x before queuing?

Also how does the match up group finder work? Does it match you up with players of he same or similar level?

Thanks in advance for the responses. I did search around and couldn't find an answer to this question so apologises if this has been discussed before.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Minimum level: Groupfinder will unlock at Level 10 and you will gain access to more dungeons periodically as you level up. At Level 45 all the normal dungeons unlock. Most base game veteran dungeons unlock at Level 50 and all dungeons will be available at CP 300. You can manually port to dungeons before they unlock if your group is willing, but those are a good guideline if you are new to dungeons.

2. Groupfinder will match you with any player who has access to those dungeons and is marked for the tank, healer, or damage dealer role. If you queue for normal Fungal Grotto 1, you could have a group ranging from a level 10 to a CP 810. If you queue for veteran Fungal Grotto 1, you could have a range from Level 50/CP 1 to CP 810.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's not much to add to what VaranisArano said, except maybe that it might not be the best idea for a fresh level 45 player who doesn't have any CP or previous experience with them, to queue for the DLC dungeons right when they become available. Those are a significant step up in terms of difficulty when compared to the base game dungeons, even the normal versions. They're located at the bottom of the dungeon list, starting with "Cradle of Mazzatun" (technically "Imperial City Prison" and "White Gold Tower" are DLC as well, but the Imperial City DLC is free now, I think).

If you find a nice guild and have a pre-made group to run these dungeons with, you can try to tackle them once they become available. With the group finder, though, I would advise against it. You never know what kind of group you get, and people can sometimes get impatient with lowbies, especially in the DLC dungeons. So yeah, I would recommend to either do these dungeons with pre-mades or, if you want to PUG, wait until you have leveled up a bit more. :)
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• MrToade
    MrToade
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you both :-)

Really appreciate the replies.