The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina builds in 2020...

Patro
Patro
✭✭✭
Dizzying Swing, Onslaught, Executioner. Spammed those almost compulsively!
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    just naming the skills isn't really enough to drive the point home

add obnoxious stalling in between onslaught windows and you start to get an idea
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t forget about the BRP duel wield backbar...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s just an indication that the game has become incredibly homogenized.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

Yea this so much.

+ the current meta is so far ahead of anything not meta its not even a point. Heavy meta runs rampant as never before. Stamcros and stamdens are just worlds ahead of anything. Dont even have to slot vigor on stamcro anymore ^^

PC EU
    PvP only
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah it's really cool that a 2pc back bar set and one skill can make any build an anti-Templar build.

/s

I had to stop playing my favorite build on my favorite class because any good player with this back bar 2pc set is able to ensure they never die to my Magplar's combo.

Good thing my stamDK is fun to play. Also, as soon as my stamcro is levelled I'll be bringing more stamcro awareness to the population at large when they are heal debuffed 70% with high uptime and die while being unable to make a dent.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What do people expect? Almost constant crying asking for these abilities to be buffed when they’re already overperforming, and constant crying if anything else even comes close to as powerful: surprise attack and jabs.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Patro
    Patro
    ✭✭✭
    Soon Cyrodiil will be populated only by stamcro!
    Now all stamina builds are ahead than almost all magicka builds.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Since when is 2h/DW meta for anything?
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Solace1981
    Solace1981
    ✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »

Since BRP dual wield gives on demand Major Protection. Where have you been?
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They forced dizzy spam lol

Last patch it at least required a brain to get value, now it's just a terrible skill that gives free value to less experienced players spamming it.
  • Patro
    Patro
    ✭✭✭
    Solace1981 wrote: »

Since BRP dual wield gives on demand Major Protection. Where have you been?

Major protection by Black Rose Perfect dual wield and major evasion by medium armor skill, for some magicka build like templar is impossible to compete with staminas.
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes that's the basic but OP I find it very difficult to believe you haven't come across dozens if not hundreds of Stam players using meta combo in meta gear and not able to get the job done. Don't underestimate the importance of the person playing the build and his her experience etc.

As a stamina player, I'm conflicted regarding brp dw. In a 1v1, it's cancer and leads to the event just spinning their wheels if played properly.

But, and this is imo the most important part, 1v2, 1v3 even 1v5 brp dw can put that outnumbered player back in the runnings and through my experience, those are the majority of the fights I find in cyrodiil
    Edited by nryerson1025 on March 8, 2020 1:36PM
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I hope this is sarcasm.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    What do people expect? Almost constant crying asking for these abilities to be buffed when they’re already overperforming, and constant crying if anything else even comes close to as powerful: surprise attack and jabs.

Dizzy and executioner are not overperforming. They are about where abilities should be. Just try killing someone with skulls or birds or imbue weapon or just about every other option and you'll see how bad they are.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Dizzy and executioner are not overperforming. They are about where abilities should be. Just try killing someone with skulls or birds or imbue weapon or just about every other option and you'll see how bad they are.

Yea, I’ll agree with that, but look at all the nerf jabs threads. People are definitely campaigning to make dizzy the only viable stamina spammable. If something comes close a nerf thread pops up.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 8, 2020 2:36PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, I’ll agree with that, but look at all the nerf jabs threads. People are definitely campaigning to make dizzy the only viable stamina spammable. If something comes close a nerf thread pops up.

Yeah and you're doing the same if saying dizzy is over performing. if they get touched, jabs surely would be right with it.
    Edited by technohic on March 8, 2020 2:52PM
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patro wrote: »

Be stamina, wear meta hvy armor and wield two-hander. Then spam away Dizzying Swing and Executioner from two-hander. All the "best" stamina players do this with every class. Only ultimate changes sometimes so it can be Dragon Leap too.
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭

I think that at this stage devs are not listening to these people who are asking for nerf Jabs, because spammable is Templars core. It also works in conjunction with passives and Backlash and its morphs. It's good that Devs don't listen to them. This is why some people are mistaken when they think that nerfs are created because of forum posts. Maybe it will be a nerf, but only when the design is changed in general, or maybe not.
    In my opinion that poorly working spammable classes are not related to the core, so they can work without them and the construction is built around Dizzy.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on March 8, 2020 4:47PM
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait...I thought people were mad at Magicka builds....we getting angry towards stamina again? So hard to keep up with what to hate in this game!
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait...I thought people were mad at Magicka builds....we getting angry towards stamina again? So hard to keep up with what to hate in this game!

Don’t hate at all is the best. Stam is great at 1v1 and are completely self sufficient. Mag are better off with radiating regen because it’s a more reliable self heal, resulting in lots of cross healing.

Most opinions are based on where people play; stam a bit stronger 1v1 and mag cry, BGs about even, group cyro play is dominated by mag. You can almost tell where people pvp by their opinions.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 8, 2020 11:49PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »

Be stamina, wear meta hvy armor and wield two-hander. Then spam away Dizzying Swing and Executioner from two-hander. All the "best" stamina players do this with every class. Only ultimate changes sometimes so it can be Dragon Leap too.

Classes that has an option to run something else will do so however (aka stamplar and stamblade). Please share what other good spammable the remaining classes should use to kill someone half competent in PvP with? And save yourself the trouble to suggest stonefist or bound armaments...
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm shocked, thread that claims magicka is weaker and it's not bashed by everyone running stamina? O_O This can't be! Flame clench OP! Nurf nurf nurf! Oh and nerf sorc!!!!1111!1!

But to be fair, I'm not sure what causes this, maybe it's just because magicka has lower floor now but I think ceiling is at similar level, when I faced really good players they were even match for me same as best of stam players. Maybe just stamcro is now overperforming a bit (100% uptime AoE major defile is not balanced).

Especially when we take into consideration CP environment magicka is quite similar to stam (thanks to lowering costs of break free and roll dodge, magicka can focus there more on their primary stats), in noCP environment it's still a bit easier for stamina - don't get it wrong, I don't claim they are much stronger but simply have it easier as it's harder to stunlock them, which happens very often when it goes to inexperienced magicka players.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Patro
    Patro
    ✭✭✭
    Can we talk about stamina healing? I see in Cyrodiil stamblade with better self healing than a magicka templar.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we talk about stamina healing? I see in Cyrodiil stamblade with better self healing than a magicka templar.

Shhh...we don't talk about that!
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    Yes dmgnerf dizzy and delete the cc component

Melee faceroll Meta is boring
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ii somewhat blame the class overhaul, people used to build more different because different classes played differently by design, and thus used different sets.

now everything plays the same, so when something becomes meta, its meta for everyone.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina has been better than magicka since One Tamriel. It has more damage, better burst not to mention easier to animation cancel and less telegraphed than most magic burst, more mobility, more classes and races have access to magic resistance and healing can be very high with vigor. I still think vigor is a stronger heal than radiant regen and you can use it with any weapon rather than being forced to equip a weak support weapon. Oh and they don't have to worry about random NPC negate spam in Cyrodiil :)
    Edited by Vetixio on April 2, 2020 3:49PM
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.