Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

About DLC, Eso Plus and crowns

lucablue
lucablue
✭✭
Hi,
I've one thing not clear.
I've read that all the new dlc and chapter are free if I buy an ESO Plus subs, or I can buy them with crowns.

But If I buy them with crowns I've got them forever and I can enter and use them also without an ESO Plus active, but if I get them with ESO Plus sub, they will remain the same may after I've accessed the first time or I lose the access when my sub ends?

In this case, is better to buy them instead take an ESO Plus sub, right?

Thank you
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    chapters are not available via eso+. otherwise, your post is correct.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as your ESO+ is active you will gain access to all DLC except the chapters. ESO+ also grants you crowns which you could use to buy DLC to then have access to permanently. For many the main benefit of ESO+ is the unlimited crafting storage and double bank/housing storage.
  • lucablue
    lucablue
    ✭✭
    chapters are not available via eso+. otherwise, your post is correct.

Ok, modify "Chapter" with "DLC", correct?

But the meaning of my post is the same ;)

(I was confused 'couse in LOTRO with my Points I can buy also new chapters and every month I get 500 points, so I've never bought any expansion :tongue: )
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With eso+ you get access to Summerset and Morrowind chapters but not Elswyr. I just caved and subbed for a month on another account. You also get all other DLC zones and dungeons too. So, southern Elswyr, Murkmire, Gold Coast, Hews Bane, Orsinium.

Edited to add: also you get the crafting bag. Which is the main reason the sub is so good. All the content is freaking great and cool. But you’re still playing inventory management online.

The crafting bag is where they get ya.

Edited by kylewwefan on February 28, 2020 1:46PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you only have ESO+ and unsubscribe, you will lose access to any DLC that you did not buy with crowns. You would retain access to any Chapters you bought with real money, even if they have later become DLC.

So if you want to own everything, you need to buy Chapters with real money and DLC with Crowns. Preorders for Chapters often include past Chapters.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to clarify, there is only one chapter currently available, which is Elsweyr. Previous chapters, Morrowind and Summerset, are now DLC and are part of ESO+.

When the new chapter, Greymoor, launches in June, Elsweyr will become a DLC, at which point it will be part of ESO+.

The only reason to purchase the DLC is to have access to it without subbing or to have access to it if you decide to unsub. If you plan to remain subscribed to EOS+, then there really isn't any reason to purchase the DLC. But, even as an ESO+ member, if you want to play the new chapter right away - currently Elsweyr; in June, Greymoor - you have to purchase it separately. You can, of course, wait an entire year and play it when it becomes a DLC and part of ESO+.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not having eso plus eliminates the unowned dlc dungeons from your random que, which can be a good thing to some as base game dungeons are generally easy.
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on February 28, 2020 6:23PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • lucablue
    lucablue
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Just to clarify, there is only one chapter currently available, which is Elsweyr. Previous chapters, Morrowind and Summerset, are now DLC and are part of ESO+.

When the new chapter, Greymoor, launches in June, Elsweyr will become a DLC, at which point it will be part of ESO+.

The only reason to purchase the DLC is to have access to it without subbing or to have access to it if you decide to unsub. If you plan to remain subscribed to EOS+, then there really isn't any reason to purchase the DLC. But, even as an ESO+ member, if you want to play the new chapter right away - currently Elsweyr; in June, Greymoor - you have to purchase it separately. You can, of course, wait an entire year and play it when it becomes a DLC and part of ESO+.

Ok, but it seems that with only DLC I cannot play as Necro... isn't it?
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To play a necromancer, you have to buy Elswyr.

Or it looks like you can buy the full Greymoor pre-order and that gives you Morrowind, Summerset, and Elswyr. Since Elswyr is included that should give you access to necromancer.

Now thatFull Greymoor pre-order is different from the digital upgrade.

Oddly, you can buy the warden class now. I am not sure that’s included with Morrowind anymore?
  • Valagash
    Valagash
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

just for your information. Elsweyr is already included!

PRODUCT DETAILS
    Pre-purchase for immediate access to an exclusive mount, the base game, Elsweyr™, Summerset™ & Morrowind™ Chapters, and the Elsweyr, Summerset & Morrowind Collector's Packs in addition to bonus in-game content at launch.

The Dark Heart of Skyrim beats from the depths in The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor, the latest adventure in the Elder Scrolls saga. A chilling evil from the First Era awakens, and Skyrim needs heroes. Explore the snow-swept region of Western Skyrim, discover Tamriel’s hidden history, and face an ancient vampiric threat as part of a year-long story.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Oddly, you can buy the warden class now. I am not sure that’s included with Morrowind anymore?

If bought directly from the crown store, they appear to be separate but some versions of the game you can buy which include Morrowind also include Warden.

Back when it launched there were some players complaining about having to buy the whole DLC to get the class.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    kylewwefan wrote: »

If bought directly from the crown store, they appear to be separate but some versions of the game you can buy which include Morrowind also include Warden.

Back when it launched there were some players complaining about having to buy the whole DLC to get the class.

Any non-Crown Store package that lists "Morrowind chapter" includes both the Morrowind DLC and the Warden class. You get the chapter unlocked on both servers.

Any Crown Store item that lists "Morrowind" DLC only includes the DLC and not the Warden class. Moreover, you have to unlock the DLC on each server separately, effectively costing you double the listed price.

Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • lucablue
    lucablue
    ✭✭
    Thank you to all.
    I've just buy the complete Elsweyr expansion digital version for 12€ and now I've every thing, necro included.

Thank you so much to everybody ;)
  • lucablue
    lucablue
    ✭✭
    *bought