The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Interacting with furnishings - why must they sit on something

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Is there a reason why interactable furnishings must properly sit on something?
For example, it seems that if I try to put one of my storage boxes in mid-air, I cannot interact with it and access its contents.
Target dummies also cannot be attacked unless they are touching the ground.
Edited by Dusk_Coven on February 28, 2020 9:09AM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Is there a reason why interactable furnishings must properly sit on something?

When you use a crafting station, the game shows you using that crafting station.

If they weren't on the ground with you, that wouldn't work.
    For example, it seems that if I try to put one of my storage boxes in mid-air, I cannot interact with it and access its contents.

If you want them off the ground it is possible to use existing shelving or build your own, eg.

pgz226mf2oab.jpg

The shelves and counter were made just using some cheap poles and platforms from the clockwork city furniture vendor. All of those chests can be properly accessed.
    Target dummies also cannot be attacked unless they are touching the ground.

Many abilities are ground targeted so the dummies definitely need to be on the ground.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great if you could clip crafting tables into other objects and they would remain usable, it would allow decorators to get around their generic style.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    The shelves and counter were made just using some cheap poles and platforms from the clockwork city furniture vendor. All of those chests can be properly accessed.

Is "platform" the operative thing here? Does a shelf have to be made from a walkable item, to be a valid support for a storage chest?
    Edited by ghastley on March 4, 2020 3:23PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to the walkable platform question
    Edited by Nestor on March 3, 2020 6:04PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So apart form the clue in the name, is there a reliable method to decide what works?