The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Undaunted orbs- uses on both morphs discussion

dazee
dazee
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I want to see what others think about both morphs of the undaunted orb skill. trying to figure some stuff involving it out. I've definitely seen both used in high end content.
Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is quite simple. They both provide the same amount of resources with one providing heals and the other doing some AoE damage. It comes down to a choice of wanting to do some healing or do some damage.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My magplar healer has no interest in trials; I figure priorities may be different there. She has loads of heals so runs the damage orbs. As @idk said above, it just depends on your build and the content you do whether you want to augment the resource buff with some AoE or heals.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mystic Orb: Excelent AoE damage, but costs a lot. Works extremely well on trash fights, or just boss fights that has more than one target. Also one thing to note, for fat bosses like Z'Maja, it works even better because you can actually get the full orb duration damage. Bosses that move too much or are really thin, you don't actually get the full proc.

Energy Orb: Excelent AoE healing, it ticks every 0.5s so it kinda is an AoE burst heal because of how strong it is, especially when someone uses the synergy. For healers, it's an awesome skill to keep up all the time for both resources for DPS and heals.

If you're a healer and can't choose between both, I'd say Energy Orb is always the safest bet. You really need that skill in harder fights, you can get away with the damage morphs for base game dungeons probably, but it will just hurt you in the long run.

For tanking, Mystic Orb damage will never be worth it, at least IMO. The Energy Orb provides excelent AoE heals, and works wonder when you're trying 3dps 1 tank on dungeons, since it helps healing and gives everyone resources.

For DPS, I can see some niche uses if you want to help your healers to heal, but you'd be better using the damage morph and slotting a defensive ult for your team (Like reviving barrier) for crucial moments instead.
    Edited by Nevasca on February 27, 2020 10:50PM
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My magplar healer has no interest in trials; I figure priorities may be different there. She has loads of heals so runs the damage orbs. As @idk said above, it just depends on your build and the content you do whether you want to augment the resource buff with some AoE or heals.

This is what I was thinking too. TBH even a trial healer might use damage orbs if they have enough different healing tools already. Damage is always good no matter what your role is. this is a fact of all mmos. As long as I'm not letting people die, I should be also doing as much damage as I can.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dazee wrote: »

This is what I was thinking too. TBH even a trial healer might use damage orbs if they have enough different healing tools already. Damage is always good no matter what your role is. this is a fact of all mmos. As long as I'm not letting people die, I should be also doing as much damage as I can.

The one thing that helps DPS deal more damage is not having to self-heal. Whether the damage morph deals enough damage depends on your stats, and how often you can place it right

I use the damage morph on my mag DPS. It's nice to be able to provide the healer an orb for once!
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner