Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Entrance to Blackreach always been here?

Eormenric
Eormenric
✭✭✭
In Eastmarch, top-left corner. Follow the path beyond Voljar's Meadery and jump over the ledge.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hG1KBaWSvlGjp7f1v545xDGGHmyQgnMz

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xtaAK_Nh9i_3utE_-1AcWgorYb1xwnJo
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well isn't that something! It's the Great Lift at Alftand.

I'll have to go check this out for myself later this evening.
    Edited by Tatanko on February 27, 2020 5:15PM
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
    Options
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A true adventurer!
    I wanna see! I wanna seeeeee!!!!
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is new
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Eormenric
    Eormenric
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm glad to have intrigued you all. :) Thanks for the lore reference, @Tatanko
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they are re-doing the prologue to get rid of the secret tunnel in the basement of the Inn.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eormenric wrote: »
    Well I'm glad to have intrigued you all. :) Thanks for the lore reference, @Tatanko
    We've been discussing it on Discord, and it doesn't really seem to line up with any of the existing towers unfortunately. I was just taking a guess.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
    Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I wonder if they are re-doing the prologue to get rid of the secret tunnel in the basement of the Inn.

I sincerely doubt that...

The lift is basically an alternate entrance/exit. It's likely you'll have to activate it from within Blackreach before it becomes available from the outside.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • OtarTheMad
      OtarTheMad
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Tatanko wrote: »
      We've been discussing it on Discord, and it doesn't really seem to line up with any of the existing towers unfortunately. I was just taking a guess.

I think the guess is dead on. The Meadery is where Anga's Mill is so roughly that's probably the Great Lift of Alftand. The maps won't line up perfectly because Eastmarch is in the wrong location. Best guess so far I'd say.
      Options
    • Enodoc
      Enodoc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Is this out-of-bounds, or on the map just south of the dolmen? If the latter, it's the new Great Lift at Kagalthar, which is the exit from Blackreach in the prologue quest.
      Edited by Enodoc on February 27, 2020 5:42PM
      UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
      Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
      Options
    • OtarTheMad
      OtarTheMad
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Enodoc wrote: »
      Is this out-of-bounds, or on the map just south of the dolmen? If the latter, it's the new Great Lift at Kagalthar, which is the exit from Blackreach in the prologue quest.

The one I just found is just south of the dolmen, so you're probably right. Not sure if it's the same one
      Options
    • Eormenric
      Eormenric
      ✭✭✭

It's not out of bounds. Anyone can get there.
      Options
    • Psychopote
      Psychopote
      ✭✭✭
      Here is the exact location where u can find it.
      1582844714-blackreachlocation.jpg
      1582845256-screenshot-20200228-001023.jpg

Edited by Psychopote on February 27, 2020 11:14PM
      Options
    • Enodoc
      Enodoc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's not out of bounds. Anyone can get there.
      Yup, that's the new Great Lift at Kagalthar, added in this update.
      UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
      Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
      Options
    • Thokri
      Thokri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I kind of hope there is different path and on overall underground paths than on skyrim.

On lore just make it so our used paths were so cleaned and ravaged they were no longer viable at time of skyrim.
      Options
    • SpiderKnight
      SpiderKnight
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I went back up there today and you can actually enter from there now. That seems a little off though, is it not?
      Options
    • static_recharge
      static_recharge
      ✭✭✭✭
      It takes you to the area in Blackreach from the prologue quest. Unlike other prologue quests though this area is still explorable after the fact and is connected to the rest of the Blackreach area.
      Edited by static_recharge on June 12, 2020 12:55PM
      Options
    • SpiderKnight
      SpiderKnight
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It takes you to the area in Blackreach from the prologue quest. Unlike other prologue quests though this area is still explorable after the fact and is connected to the rest of the Blackreach area.

Right, it was up before that released, but we didn't enter through that during the prologue quest. There are other lifts in there that aren't working still, but there is a door to get into the new Blackreach area.
      Options
    • Nestor
      Nestor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I went back up there today and you can actually enter from there now. That seems a little off though, is it not?

Blackreach was not available until Greymoor dropped except for a certain area during the prologue. Usually these intro areas are cut off once the content drops. Now, we have access to it. I am going to go check it out and see if it is different than the prologue.
      Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
      Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
    • SpiderKnight
      SpiderKnight
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nestor wrote: »

Blackreach was not available until Greymoor dropped except for a certain area during the prologue. Usually these intro areas are cut off once the content drops. Now, we have access to it. I am going to go check it out and see if it is different than the prologue.

Duh, I know that! I'm just saying that specific entrance...
      Options