The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Some new player questions

Eifleber
Eifleber
✭✭✭✭✭
I play for 2 months now and as the game unravels it also comes with some more questions:

1. Addons: I am looking for an addon that shows me which items are in the Bank and which in my inventory while I am deconstructing stuff.
Generally I only want to deconstruct stuff in my inventory and the fact that items in my bank in the same category are also automatically added is very confusing.

2. If I do 4 vs 4 BG battles, do I get Alliance points for that (apparently I need Alliance levels to unlock some skills that are very useful in dungeons and trials)?

3. Why do guides all prefer food over drinks (or +max stat instead of +regen)? I often run into regen issues and it seems to me that having a lot of regen is more important for sustaning damage than a little extra damage.

4. Does gear with + spell damage (or + critical) also carry over to + healing (as they are also spells)?

5. Are all craftable and lootable armour styles available as style books as well?
It's very hard to get the combination of look and stats you want.

6. What are "fully-charged Heavy Attacks" that some guides mention, are there other kinds of heavy attacks?

7. I had a few cases where I had 5 pieces of a set but it didn't give the full bonus. (Necklace Ring Ring Shield Sword) gave 2/5 and 3/5 like they were different sets and (Necklace Ring Helmet Bow 2H) only gave 4/5. Any explanation for this?

8. Are there ways to see how long you have played a character or how many deaths you have?

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2. Yes, Battlegrounds will give you AP. Many prefer them as a way to farm.
    3. Food tends to have slightler higher stats than Drinks. Max Stat passively affects your damage not just via casting more skills, but increasing your spell/weapon damage, making it technically more efficient. Builds are also generally laid out for max-level players with good gear, playing in an environment where support is providing you good sustain. If you find yourself struggling with sustain, switching to food/drink that helps you with recovery is perfectly fine. You have to find what ends up being the most efficient for you. Your sustain also ends up depending on your playstyle as well as the skill of executing a rota if you have one, so there's that.
    4. Yes -- for magicka healing. Most heals are Magicka-based, and thus scale off Spell Damage and use your Spell Crit chance and damage modifier. Stamina heals like Vigor would use weapon damage/weapon crit AFAIK.
    5. There are a few exceptions of styles that aren't available, usually lootable styles that have yet to be released. If it can be crafted it can be learnt. ESO Fashion is a great resource
    6. There are what players call 'medium' attacks. You start channeling a heavy attack, but release earlier/cancel the animation to still gain some of the effects of a heavy attack without spending the full time casting it. Some sets proccing off heavy attacks used to proc from medium attacks, for example. I also believe medium attacks used to function in a way where you gained the full resources back, but didn't do the full damage? But I am not 100% certain of that and as you can see by my wording I'm also not sure if this has changed in any way.
    7. Not quite sure I'm understanding this correctly. Technically this should not happen. Did you make sure you were on the correct bar? Only the weapons of the bars you are currently on count towards your set, but that doesn't match with any of the numbers/combinations you listed. If you are correct, than that would be a bug, but without screenshots it's hard to tell. The only situation where I could imagine someone seeing this was if they had non-perfected and perfected trial gear of the same set, and were trying to mix and match them.
    8. You can type /played in the chatbox to find out how long you have played that character. You can also get this addon to enable a /played all command that adds together playtime of all the characters the addon knows. I don't know of one for deaths. Also don't know about the first thing you asked for, which is why no number 1. :p
    Edited by Raisin on February 27, 2020 7:11AM
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Should be part of the game but isnt. Maybe FCO CraftFilter is what you look for.

2) You can look whats in thr Allianz tree here https://esoitem.uesp.net/viewSkills.php

3) Find your own way to sustain land. It depends on so many things. Use the guides as inspiration

4) Usually yes. The above links helps. But some scale from highest and some from HP.

5) I think there are motifs for anything.

6) You can do a 50% heavy attack to fullfill a proc that requires a heavy attack. See off balance discussion for exmaple. A fully-chaged is a 100% heavy attack as intended ;)

7) Something is wrong. 5 pieces give a full bonus. Even if they are different levels. This happens usually because you swap weapons and the set is not complete.

8) Not sure /played maybe ? Not sure if there is a death statistics
  • Rory_FightingToFifty
    3. Regen and food

One reason food is often used over drink is because there are more versatile ways to get regen...if you’re having issues, you can swap a jewelry trait to regen or even use the regen mundus. Most builds try to get as much power as possible, which is often attained by sacrificing regen.

However, there are good food items that do both. For stam characters Dubious Cameron Throne gives great regen in sacrifice for a little stamina. And for magic...it’s one of the witchmother recipes, I forget which one. But it gives max magic and health and magic regen. You might try those.