The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Swamp Dwelling Orcs

Nomadic_Atmoran
Nomadic_Atmoran
✭✭✭✭✭
Saw a post on Reddit that got me thinking. Orc Strongholds are said to be found through out Tamriel. But so far I can only recall known Orc Strongholds running the western and northern regions of Tamriel. Is there any lore that points to Orcs making it into the south eastern regions of Tamriel? A swamp orc clan?
Penniless Sellsword Company
Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would be cool to have a very exotic tribal orc's in the future. There is a lot of Blackmarsh left so Im sure we might come across some, hey they might be some lore added that there is a small kingdom somewhere....or a hist has tried to get some orcs to use as their own......would be cool. But I don't think there is any in lore yet, not that I've come across anyway.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one wants to go to the swamps, even Orcs.

I say that jokingly, but actually just ran across something earlier this morning that said "Even after the plague passed, non-Argonians tended to avoid Black Marsh out of fear", in reference to the Knahaten Flu.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    No one wants to go to the swamps, even Orcs.

I say that jokingly, but actually just ran across something earlier this morning that said "Even after the plague passed, non-Argonians tended to avoid Black Marsh out of fear", in reference to the Knahaten Flu.

If we take a look at the amount of Black Marsh we currently have access to in ESO. We are actually able to go quite deep into the region via Shadowfen and Murkmire.

I don't expect to see npc elves and men running around Helstrom when we finally have that region added to the game. But I don't think its too far of a stretch of the imagination that a clan of Orcs were able to cut their way into the region and settle in the area. They are probably the most resilient race in the lore and continue to thrive in just about every climate that Tamriel has to offer. It would be interesting to see not just Orcs but maybe goblins and orgres as well.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus