The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Night Blade Skill Ideas

llBlack_Heartll
llBlack_Heartll
✭✭✭✭
These ideas are mainly from a PVE perspective, I do apologise if they are 1 sided, however I did try to balance it.

Merciless Resolve -
* Last 15s however refreshed every time you use the Spectral Bow. (This will put it on par with classes with similar burst damage, having to reactive is a lose in DPS. Compare this to Purifying Light applies direct damage on cast and then just wait for it to pop.
* Now applied Minor Protection for the duration. (The option to gain 2% damage reduction per light/heavy is very inconsistent)
* 50% of the damage cause with be given back to you in health over 6s. (I find the burst heal inconsistent, as most Magicka play ranged.)
* Skill now cost 2500 magicka to activate and the same to cast the Spec Bow.(because you can now refresh the skill when you cast Spec Bow, the cost is increased to use, however first activation is cheaper and cost the same as using the Bow.
* Damage unchanged.

Relentless Focus -

* Last 15s however refreshed every time you use the Spectral Bow. (This will put it on par with classes with similar burst damage, having to reactive is a lose in DPS. Compare this to Purifying Light applies direct damage on cast and then just wait for it to pop.
* Now applied Minor Protection for the duration. (The option to gain 2% damage reduction per light/heavy is very inconsistent)
* Keep the burst heal
* Keep the damage
* Unsure of cost, as I don’t play StamBlade (maybe a StamBlade chim in here)
* Guaranteed a critical hit. (As you no longer need the extended duration of the ability, the Spectral Bow is a 100% to Critical strike.

Dark Cloak Change -
* You now heal for x amount of heal instantly and x amount over 8s, scales of max health.
* Activating Dark Cloak gives you an increase 5% max health for 20s. (No longer grants minor protection as it has been moved to Grim Focus.

Concealed Weapon Change -

* Keep the damage
* You can now you this ability at range 28m. (Remove the ability to Stun and off balance. This change is to go hand in hand with Impale for ranged game play and other Magicka abilities.
* Keep movement speed while slotted.

Surprise Attack -

* Keep damage and resistance debuff.
* After attacking with Surprise attack you gain empowering with your next Light Attack. (Empowering suits a spammable better, where you will utilise it more often.)

Lotus Fan Change - Lotus Stab

* Keep damage and Minor Vulnerability, damage over time is applied to the single target and no longer applies as an AoE.
* Attacking with Lotus Stab while Sneaking or Cloaked Stuns the Enemy for 3s and sets them off balance. (This was removed from Concealed Weapon, this skill suits the bonuses better)

Ambush -

* Keep Damage and Minor Vulnerability
* Attacking with Ambush while Sneaking or Cloaked Stuns the Enemy for 3s and sets them off balance.

All though some of the skills are just shuffled around, I feel that the stun attached to Teleport Strike and it’s morphs are much better suited, as well as Empowering on your Spammable for Stam users.

Don’t murder me for the ideas, they are just suggestion. So keep it constructive, with your feed back please.
Edited by llBlack_Heartll on February 27, 2020 2:42PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve come to realize that the devs are just going to do whatever they want. Most people don’t realize it, but there was another hidden NB nerf this patch: single target abilities will now hit you while in stealth/cloak.

The consensus is NBs are underpowered but the nerfs keep coming in. I think the devs have their own vision of how they want the game to be and are sticking with it, so suggestions are a waste of time. My suggestion to you: Just choose whether you want to play the class based on as is, if not move on.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 27, 2020 1:23AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I’ve come to realize that the devs are just going to do whatever they want. Most people don’t realize it, but there was another hidden NB nerf this patch: single target abilities will now hit you while in stealth/cloak.

The consensus is NBs are underpowered but the nerfs keep coming in. I think the devs have their own vision of how they want the game to be and are sticking with it, so suggestions are a waste of time. My suggestion to you: Just choose whether you want to play the class based on as is, if not move on.

Was it a nerf or is it a bug?
    We can only hope, but I’d prefer to stay positive and believe they might listen.

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Was it a nerf or is it a bug?
    We can only hope, but I’d prefer to stay positive and believe they might listen.

Yea, but if both probably. I used to use it against magdk’s all the time, they’d fossilize me and I didn’t have the stamina for the follow up break free, so I’d cloak. They could see me but their whips wouldn’t hit.

In one sense it’s a common sense change, in another it’s still a nerf of sorts and the buffs for other classes keep rolling in.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭

You have a point but I cannot see any vision at all. It feels like they are badly pressed and are just reacting on immediate threats so to say without any long time strategy. So what is their plan, any guesses?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vyvrhel wrote: »

You have a point but I cannot see any vision at all. It feels like they are badly pressed and are just reacting on immediate threats so to say without any long time strategy. So what is their plan, any guesses?

I think they’re trying to balance the strongest classes against each other: magsorc, stamnecro, stamwarden, etc...

In this sense they’re doing a good job. The classes that are sucking hind *** they’re putting off.

It makes sense, they want to keep pve balanced so can’t do any straight damage buffs, and to balance pvp classes like magblade need a rework. I imagine it’s difficult to balance all the classes along dps, when a class like magblade can’t heal themselves, is squishier then others and is all ST. How do you balance that against tanky high healing aoe classes.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 27, 2020 4:45PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you want to remove the 10% damage reduction from merciless resolve and add minor protection which is already available to nightblades via dark cloak...

No thanks. I love both of those skills the way they are.
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    So you want to remove the 10% damage reduction from merciless resolve and add minor protection which is already available to nightblades via dark cloak...

No thanks. I love both of those skills the way they are.

It’s 10% at full stacks, it’s just not consistent enough. If it was 10% while active would be good.
    It only last 8s on Cloak, which is nice if you are running away, but again it just inconsistent.

And if you look at the changes in the skills with the heal being a HoT on Mercy and Dark Cloak having a burst heal, you should still be very Tanky.
    Do you Tank with these skills or PvP?
    Edited by llBlack_Heartll on February 27, 2020 8:25PM