The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Replace stun from second dizzying swing, with the old knock up stun.

Commandment
Commandment
✭✭✭
Seems a bit redundant having the same stun animation for using dizzying swing 2 times in a row. I mean, I appreciate the effort for giving some stun for casting "Dizzying" Swing.

I'm just wondering, if it's possible to give back the old dizzying swing knock up stun back, and replace it with the current stun after out of balanced. It feels awkward how I do a uppercut attack and instead of them flying, they just go flat, and it's a weaker 2 second stun.. I mean, if we really wanted a static stun again, we could just heavy attack them on to the floor, and get that longer stun. You can even animation cancel the heavy attack to make it trigger faster than using dizzying swing.

Makes more sense that you are able to send someone flying after you get them off balanced.. Just saying.

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with knock-back stuns is the CC break. Or lack thereof, quite often.
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    my responsive cc break > your flavor animation
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, don’t give the wonky flop no cc break stun to anything. It’s not a weaker stun, it’s just one that a players reaction time can actuallly cc break.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    The problem with knock-back stuns is the CC break. Or lack thereof, quite often.
    No, don’t give the wonky flop no cc break stun to anything. It’s not a weaker stun, it’s just one that a players reaction time can actuallly cc break.

Not that this is a direct challenge to the above claims but I never understood it quite honestly. I always found breaking free mid air to work when getting hit by things like leap and uppercut.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Not that this is a direct challenge to the above claims but I never understood it quite honestly. I always found breaking free mid air to work when getting hit by things like leap and uppercut.

Yea you can break free... but the majority of the time you have to continue your flop before you can do anything... which is what leads to no counterplay, unimpeded dmg coming in. Which would be fine, if it was based off of something other than crappy mechanics.
    Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on February 26, 2020 9:32PM
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do miss knocking people off of alessia bridge and off the side of keeps....
    Edited by Carespanker on February 26, 2020 7:57PM
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭

Yea you can break free... but the majority of the time you have to continue your flop before you can do anything... which is what leads to no counterplay, unimpeded dmg coming in. Which would be fine, if it was based off of something other than crappy mechanics.

Getting hit by 2 dizzying swings in a row and not seeing it coming is kinda strange. I mean there is block and dodge mechanic, that in itself is counter play.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Getting hit by 2 dizzying swings in a row and not seeing it coming is kinda strange. I mean there is block and dodge mechanic, that in itself is counter play.

You do know that in some cases in the game due to lag, bugs, etc. there are cases where you cannot do anything to avoid a skill? That's where stuns like the old dizzy stun with knockback and vamp drain shine brightest. Some people think that is "skillful gameplay" while others believe its just crutching on bugged animations. Guess what the majority on the receiving side of such attacks find it to be?

Personally, when one stun outpaces all others and has little to no downside because of a bugged animation or bugged breakfree mechanic and nearly everyone moves to the skill to take advantage of it, it gains crutch status just as any bugged set or OP set would.
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

You do know that in some cases in the game due to lag, bugs, etc. there are cases where you cannot do anything to avoid a skill? That's where stuns like the old dizzy stun with knockback and vamp drain shine brightest. Some people think that is "skillful gameplay" while others believe its just crutching on bugged animations. Guess what the majority on the receiving side of such attacks find it to be?

Personally, when one stun outpaces all others and has little to no downside because of a bugged animation or bugged breakfree mechanic and nearly everyone moves to the skill to take advantage of it, it gains crutch status just as any bugged set or OP set would.

Also most of the time people are just saying it as an excuse. It's like playing a fighting game, and saying the other person won because they used a lag switch.

Templars Still have it, Staffs, Bows, only difference is theres a casting time on dizzy.
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos should just revert all the changes, they should take give up their stupid pride and admit how much they have failed with this skill.
    Give back the knock back, Increase cast time and give back the second check so that it's not as easy to spam it.