The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

[BUG]? Magicka Blastbones can be purified away

Asgari
Asgari
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Yesterday I discovered an issue playing my mag necro.

Cast blastbones on a Templar
Templar cast purify as blastbones is animating
Blastbones animated and then crumbled and did no attack.
Edited by Asgari on February 25, 2020 8:54PM
Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
Princess Asgari | Sorc
Asgari | NB
-Asgari | Stamplar
Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
Banner Down!
No Mercy
Youtube: Asgari
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    can you replicate this issue anytime?
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every time
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asgari wrote: »
    Yesterday I discovered an issue playing my mag necro.

Cast blastbones on a Templar
    Templar cast purify as blastbones is animating
    Blastbones animated and then crumbled and did no attack.

WoW, this just might be one of the worst bugs I've ever heard of in this game lol....first magnecro loses vampire drain and now we can't even summon blastbones while fighting templars? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Akinos on February 25, 2020 5:05PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do stamina bbones act this way too?
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    have you checked PTS forums?

"blastbones have zero counterplay" - they complained
    "sorc curse provides the same delayed burst, but can be purged at least" - they said

and ZoS implemented...
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did it get cleansed before? Or did we never notice because Blastbones just derped by default?
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure honestly. But now that it works I was paying more attention timing it with my burst and they caught on and would purify and it would drop dead like it expired
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You still play DK? Off topic but I'm curious :smile:
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You still play DK? Off topic but I'm curious :smile:

Yeah still play DK, as stam.

Needed a change though and wanted to play a mag character and picked mag necro and that’s how I found this issue
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bump, hoping a dev sees this. @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_Gilliam
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In heavy lag it seems blastbones won’t even move and I feel playing on my Aussie connection, blastbones works more poorly than someone from the same continent as the server.
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭
    tbh, it makes sense. If you cast blastbones on a target it is not behaving different than sorcerer curse. It is going to hit no matter what, if you dodge, if you get away, whatever. It is a curse. So, i wouldnt call purging it a bug. Since it is almost instant after this patch, you cant even kill it, especially when caster breaks line of sight. You can avoid for example warden assault or nightblade grim focus, but you cant avoid necromancer blastbones, templar backlash or sorcerer curse. I play glass cannon builds with 20k health in cyrodiil and 7k weapon damage, 30k stamina, with minor berserk, etc. I cant kill blastbones reliably during a duel. All you can do is block during hit or get away not to get comboed.
    Edited by albertberku on February 27, 2020 12:12AM
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tbh, it makes sense. If you cast blastbones on a target it is not behaving different than sorcerer curse. It is going to hit no matter what, if you dodge, if you get away, whatever. It is a curse. So, i wouldnt call purging it a bug. Since it is almost instant after this patch, you cant even kill it, especially when caster breaks line of sight. You can avoid for example warden assault or nightblade grim focus, but you cant avoid necromancer blastbones, templar backlash or sorcerer curse. I play glass cannon builds with 20k health in cyrodiil and 7k weapon damage, 30k stamina, with minor berserk, etc. I cant kill blastbones reliably during a duel. All you can do is block during hit or get away not to get comboed.

Blastbones and curse are not the same. When you apply curse it is stuck on the target. Blastbones acts as a pet and can change targets if the target dies.

Thats like saying sorc pets should be able to be purged away.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cleansing/purging what is considered a pet/summon should not be possible.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Be interesting to see if it's intended and they forgot to include the information.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet the Warden's netch automatic purge also does the same thing, someone should probably test that. Every 5 seconds there is going to be a chance that a Warden can just purge off your Blastbones. Auto purges were a very good idea, lol.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried to reproduce it with a templar friend for about 5 minutes straight, me being mag necro. We tried templar purge and alliance war purge, every possible range, arcs and blastbone status (assembling, running, jumping).

Can NOT confirm OPs findings, didnt happen a single time that blastbones got stopped from functioning in any way.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on February 29, 2020 12:18PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4k+ cost ability to counter 1k cost ability.. bug or not, it is not as gamebreaking as it sounds. As stamDK I agree to exchange stamfist or even claw for blastbones (w/o defile!) any time.