The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please give PvPers what they want.

Vyvrhel
Vyvrhel
✭✭✭
But what does an average PvPer want?
S/he does not want a fair duel on equal terms. S/he does not want an exciting battle with attacks and counterattacks.
All s/he wants is to oneshot an unsuspecting or helpless victim, and if possible, to outnumber him/her (i.e. gang kill) on top of that. Everything players do supports my claim - just check all the desync, snipe spamming, permastunning and animation cancelling combo builds.
The idea is the same as in the real world combat - do not give the other guy a chance and murder him on the spot. A headshot. The old samurai "one strike, one death".
Han shot first. He did just face it.
I agree this would change the PvP but it would also make it closer to the real fighting. The guy who march across the battlefield with colors flying is a dead man. The best defense is not to be seen. The information where is the enemy is the most important weapon from the times of Roman legions.
Just do it. One shot can drop a fighter or disable him/her. So does a knife in the back or an axe to the head. Shock, bleeding, pneumothorax - Fairbairn who served in Shanghai police during the English colonial rule even recommended in his Shooting to live that when you get into a fight (at a close range since this was how it worked back then and there) you do not care if the first shot hits or not, just fire first right after draw to temporarily shock and stun the enemy thanks to the gun blast. Then you have another second to aim.
What the players really ask for is the stealth game of hunter and prey. And ofc they complain about it once they became the prey but this is so very human and a part of the fun so please ignore every single thread asking to nerf the oneshoting tools. Give everyone the killer tools and finally we will have the even playground.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We honestly just want the server to be able to support us playing with our friends during normal human hours on a populated campaign.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyvrhel wrote: »
    S/he does not want a fair duel on equal terms. S/he does not want an exciting battle with attacks and counterattacks.
    All s/he wants is to oneshot an unsuspecting or helpless victim, and if possible, to outnumber him/her (i.e. gang kill) on top of that. Everything players do supports my claim - just check all the desync, snipe spamming, permastunning and animation cancelling combo builds.
    The idea is the same as in the real world combat - do not give the other guy a chance and murder him on the spot. A headshot. The old samurai "one strike, one death".
    I agree this would change the PvP but it would also make it closer to the real fighting. The guy who march across the battlefield with colors flying is a dead man. The best defense is not to be seen. The information where is the enemy is the most important weapon from the times of Roman legions.
    Just do it. One shot can drop a fighter or disable him/her. So does a knife in the back or an axe to the head. Shock, bleeding, pneumothorax - Fairbairn who served in Shanghai police during the English colonial rule even recommended in his Shooting to live that when you get into a fight (at a close range since this was how it worked back then and there) you do not care if the first shot hits or not, just fire first right after draw to temporarily shock and stun the enemy thanks to the gun blast. Then you have another second to aim.
    What the players really ask for is the stealth game of hunter and prey. And ofc they complain about it once they became the prey but this is so very human and a part of the fun so please ignore every single thread asking to nerf the oneshoting tools. Give everyone the killer tools and finally we will have the even playground.

Uhh, you know this is just a game, right? Also I'm pretty sure the average pvper just wants a working, lag free, crash free Cyrodil.
    Edited by Akinos on February 25, 2020 5:01PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All i want is to play lagless cyrodiil, place where you can do pvp without facing ballgroups exploiting things - such as harmony bombing where one press of button can give you 18k damage instantly.

I dont mind to play against overpowered classes, as templar is right now. Its fun and challenge.

But when you log on to cyrodiil and all you do is just fighting with ballgroups, just like it is now on (old) bahlokdaan EU pc, its stupid. Same ballgroups again and again no matter how many times you wipe them they come again.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, no thanks on the one shots. (Also, if you are getting one-shot and its not a server problem or an ulti-dump? You should probably double check your build and start preemptively healing/buffing before the fight.)

Count me in with the folks who just want the performance issues fixed so we can all play Cyrodiil the way we prefer.
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    Blade of woe for players!
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want to not crash and burn...
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a great idea – make vampire feed unbreakable and uninterruptable, so when one vampire locks helpless carebear in feeding animation, his buddy kills the victim with glorious and mighty strikes!
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In the movie "Predator", all the one shots happen early on. Its when you get near the end it becomes apparent the Predator must have a real fight/duel after all the typical gimmicks fail to trick the last remaining warrior. One of these two has a major gear advantage however. Suspenseful twist using crafted invis pots (mud) vs stealth opponent! Arnold turns the tables by using basically a siege weapon, crafted gear, LOS, and hugging trees to beat a stronger, tougher opponent. Its basically a 1vXer getting schooled by a decent zergling without his group for support. That's the climax of the movie, not the parts where commandos get one-shot from stealth and spam the terrain with bullets looking for the enemy in stealth because no eso detect pots or motion detectors like space marines.

All I know is, PvPers really want to see Gary Busey in the sequel.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Blade of woe for players!
    Pauls wrote: »
    I have a great idea – make vampire feed unbreakable and uninterruptable, so when one vampire locks helpless carebear in feeding animation, his buddy kills the victim with glorious and mighty strikes!

Both exceptionally good ideas! Werewolves should also cause unbreakable permafear when in wolf form.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, speak for yourself.

Serious question. Why is that people like OP can't seem to do that? There's been several threads in the forum lately where this pvper or that one sets themselves up as "sole arbiters of what pvpers want". Then usually get extremely huffy when people tell them that no, they don't represent everyone. They may not even represent the majority.
    It just makes them look incredibly foolish, arrogant and if I'm honest shoots any credibility their request had to smithereens in my eyes. And yet they persist. I don't get it.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @redgreensunset For one thing your average zergling that joins / follows the faction stack is underrepresented in the forums.

Mostly I think people want good, entertaining, and winnable fights. Lag prevents this, being completely outnumbered prevents this.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »

Something like this will probably happen with the chapter, the animations are changing to be more like WW/Blade of Woe.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos doesn’t care about anything pvp related. It’s very very obvious.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you expect an enemy player, that sees you only as a HP bar, an NPC if you will since you cant chat with the enemy, to treat you any different than a castle guard npc?

To the enemy, your only purpose is to die.
    Why should they not just kill you and get the AP?

Had it been an open world mmorpg, a player you met would not murder you, for fear of penalty and loss of gear.
    They would have not want to make an enemy of you and your guild.

They might have asked you to xp together, and protect each other when clsiming a corner for a couple hours of XP.

Since they could chat to you without restriction they'd treat you as a person, and fight fairly with you to see who is best.

What is the point of complaining since you chose to go to a PvP zone, when you can decorate your house, buy mounts and skins and outfits and pets from the Store?

Why complain about the enemy coloured players in a zone that there is no leveling, farming mats, raiding, progressing and the only reason is to lower enemy health bars?

Why complain when you can kill overland content with 2 hits and do all those same old same old story quests in which you save the day?

Go and run the same dungeons again and again and dont come here demanding to be treated respectfully, when you dont offer and usefulness to the rest of the players that can craft:
    Potions
    Runes
    Armor
    Weapons
    Meals.

Do you know how they see you? As a healthbar that they need to lower, when they are bored of doing the same old easy solo content of ESO.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on February 26, 2020 1:09AM
  • Long_Distance
    Long_Distance
    ✭✭✭
    OP, speak for yourself.

Serious question. Why is that people like OP can't seem to do that? There's been several threads in the forum lately where this pvper or that one sets themselves up as "sole arbiters of what pvpers want". Then usually get extremely huffy when people tell them that no, they don't represent everyone. They may not even represent the majority.
    It just makes them look incredibly foolish, arrogant and if I'm honest shoots any credibility their request had to smithereens in my eyes. And yet they persist. I don't get it.

I very much agree on this. I though don't know any answer to your question and I am puzzled as well. As it is, the opinions on many topics in PvP are quite varied. Some people want new features, some like faction lock others don't, some people like the hammer.. I guess the only one thing everybody can agree on is to fix the lag and the bugs.

My take on this is that most of these people suggesting controversial changes pretending to speak "for all PvPers" live in their social bubbles and purposely deny that there's anything else out there. They probably just seek recognition from their peers and have no real interest in actually discussing a topic seriously.
  • MellowMagic
    MellowMagic
    ✭✭✭✭
    When i pvp all I want is to not crash 50% of the time teleing to a new keep. I've never crashed this much in cyro ever.
    PC / NA @MellowMagic
    Imperial named with some sort of variation of "Deo"
    By the Divines...
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭

If in pvp the goal is "to kill the other person before they kill you" why would I want to give them any time to react? seems counterproductive. Btw, if you got half a brain to wear non-pve gear nothing should be 1 shotting you if you are paying attention anyway. There's always a counter to anything; snipe spammers? Spell wall. Onslaught meta? roll and stun them. Proxy det? don't stack on zergs- my point is there's nothing that can't be avoided or countered entirely and finding the best ways to do so is half of the point of pvp in general.

What pvper's actually want are these 3 things in order:
    #1 The server to work.
    #2 More rewards that aren't furniture.
    #3 More ways to pvp, aka fight other players.
    Edited by Carespanker on February 26, 2020 4:39AM
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    a) one-shot builds in cyro is close to real in cp with last update
    b) you are not able to one-shot ppl cause of masslag.
    c)ask for performance improvement first, then ask for math else dude
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fourth line mentioning playstyles shows a clear bias.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the games laggy people want AP and to get kills as fast as possible why not lower your TTK makes logical sense to me
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP wants to play a ganker but doesn’t want to work for it, he wants the game to support 1shotting from stealth as the only viable playstyle.

This is not “What all pvpers want”.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, speak for yourself.

this ^
    all truth.
    well said.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this nighblade buff thread? Because it looks a lot like a nightblade buff thread. I don't mind buff nightblades, but not like this. There is a reason why one shots do not exist in lots of games especaily this one because nightblade have a major advange of stealth gameplay over all other classes and will be most op thing in the game with no effort. I will just use training lvl 1 gear random pieces and as long as I headshot someone or one shot them, it does not matter what I wear or what they wear because they could be god roll with 40k hp and max resist and 1 headshot then they die. This idea no matter how you try to implement it in yhe game will break the combat system realy bad.