The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Harrowstorm & Update 25 Now Live on PC/Mac"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
767df0c5953bafce075f8368af37e4df.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Harrowstorm & Update 25 Now Live on PC/Mac" blog article.

Your Dark Heart of Skyrim year-long adventure begins here! Delve into two challenging new dungeons, uncover ancient secrets and plunder, and set upon a journey that will take you to The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor and beyond!
Staff Post
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you say live or crashed?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With five weapons and the usual seven armor pieces, it takes something like 320 proofs to finish out the Knight of the Circle pages, assuming you are able to trade your duplicates for the pages you need.

That's nearly a year's worth of doing Conquest missions, since you get one guaranteed proof every 20 hrs. Even for people who PVPing for long time and have been saving them up, that's still a big investment.

I know this feedback was given on the PTS too: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508968/feedback-knight-of-the-circle-style-set-to-much-grind-and-rng

Congrats, ZOS, on another style page set that's just too grindy and RNG-based for me to bother with.
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 25, 2020 3:47PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

What a harsh first comment !

I hasn't crashed for me, re-dowload and install went smooth, add-ons were upside down, but that's business as usual and not on ZOS, gameplay is smooth and I can feel noticeable performance improvements (shorter loading screens, more stable framerates, no more balck silhouettes, etc. )

I've done only one of the 2 new dungeons for now but it was full of nice new mechanics and improvements (on top of being, as usual, gorgeous).

And no I don't even have to use my white knighting gear to say that.

• redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hasn't crashed for me, re-dowload and install went smooth, add-ons were upside down, but that's business as usual and not on ZOS, gameplay is smooth and I can feel noticeable performance improvements (shorter loading screens, more stable framerates, no more balck silhouettes, etc. )

I've done only one of the 2 new dungeons for now but it was full of nice new mechanics and improvements (on top of being, as usual, gorgeous).

And no I don't even have to use my white knighting gear to say that.

Yeah. For me the reinstall had a small snag where it broke with only a few percent left and I had to repair it. But after that it downloaded the rest and patched it just fine.
    While I've had one crash which was when I closed the game the first time this morning it's otherwise been a good experience. Loading times are significantly reduced both from character screen and between zones, the loading of npcs and assets have also improved markedly for me.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I am very impressed overall with this update and the ZoS team (especially IT/server team).
    • The new client download and reinstall went very smoothly for me, despite the scope for massive problems when doing a change this big. (My apologies to those with slow internet connections and small hard disks, but this new version should still help a lot in the long run).
    • I have seen very few (non-addon) issues so far in the new version; the only major issue appears to be the chronic crashing in Cyrodiil.
    • ZoS feedback and communication has been solid after the update, and I really hope that @ZOS_GinaBruno and others continue to put together consolidated bug report threads like this in future.
    • I have not tried the new dungeons yet, but other players report liking them. I have also not seen any performance difference.
    Well done!
    It's a lot simpler to simply keep things running "as is" in an effort to avoid new problems. ZoS is being bold and reworking major components of the client in an effort to fix five year's worth of accumulated clutter, plus adding new content on a regular basis. Let's hope that gutsy approach is rewarded and results in better gameplay too (when the bugs are fixed).
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on February 25, 2020 5:20PM
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    crash, crash, crash.....8 times in 12 min...
    that's supposed to be an improvement.....
    load times are longer then before,
    EPIC FAIL!
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭

People in Cyro crash every 5 to 15 minutes. That's not a harsh comment, for pvp it's really a horrible patch. Again.

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CiNNeR wrote: »

People in Cyro crash every 5 to 15 minutes. That's not a harsh comment, for pvp it's really a horrible patch. Again.

I'm sorry to hear that. Yet it's only a part of the game (just like my statement covers only my experience on the PVE side). No reason to be being snarky and impolite, nor to generalize one's experience as everyone's experience.

• mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All went smooth with my slow 1.6MByte Internet. Started download in the morning, went to work and all was done when i cam home. Did daily crafting on all character without a problem. I dont use many addons, but the few worked.

After first login i was on the PC UI and had to switch to gamepad again.

I play HD on a 40 inch screen and the gamepad UI scaling is ok for me, but on 4k it is probably a pain.

Somehow i think the GFX is slightly more colorful and detailed. But maybe thats just me.

I play on an dated AMD X4 845, 16GB DDR3 and a RX 560 (which is probably below console specs) and had and have good fps in most cases. With the latest patch it seems even more fluid.

Cyrodiil is a crash zone. 4 times in like one hour. Otherwise smooth and for some reasons i see the nails on the planks in front of Fare for the first time.

Blocking works for me better then before. Stamina seems to drain faster ?! But after the 4th crash i gave up. Needs some more testing on my side.

Looking forward to the Cyrodiil fix and the upcomming content :)
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭

I'm sorry to hear that. Yet it's only a part of the game (just like my statement covers only my experience on the PVE side). No reason to be being snarky and impolite, nor to generalize one's experience as everyone's experience.

Are you serious? The game went from bad performace to unplayable for every pvp player because for every pvp player the game crashes every 5 to 15 minutes. Not for one plauer. Not for a couple of players. Every pvp player.

And you think it's reasonable to state 'it's only part of the game' and we should be nice about it?
  • Tezzaa
    Tezzaa
    ✭✭✭

Some people only play the PvP component to the game! To be so blase and dismiss it out of hand is rather rude af to those players!!
  • grimscalrwb17_ESO
    Picture this...
    In PVP with 10-15 toons carrying a red scroll back to AD. every one within 50 meters crashed at the same time.
    fortunately a few toons on our side were strung out behind and picked up the scroll. that happened yesterday.