The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nerien'eth set quick question

fortyfivekva_ESO
fortyfivekva_ESO
✭✭✭
When this set procs WHERE does the crystal appear: at your location or at your target's location?

Thanks for your help!
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It should be at the target location.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When this set procs WHERE does the crystal appear: at your location or at your target's location?

Thanks for your help!

At the target. But note that before it actually explodes (2 seconds), enemy can move out of range. This is not so much of an an issue if you are going toe to toe, but I have noticed if I am in a fluid stage of an engagement, having to move, dodge etc out of attacks and aoe, the proc may miss the add pack as it follows me. Not a major issue, I like the set. It procs regularly (with enough direct damage) and does decent damage.
    Edited by Grianasteri on February 25, 2020 12:42PM
  • fortyfivekva_ESO
    fortyfivekva_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much!

I was indeed worrying about the delay causing problems so before spending anymore time considering it I thought I'd find out where it procced since as a ranged caster it isn't doing me any good if it drops next to me=)
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a major issue, I like the set.

The major issue is it makes you look like a dead gorilla. No outfit can soothe the feeling that you're that ugly on the inside.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MusCanus wrote: »
    Not a major issue, I like the set.

The major issue is it makes you look like a dead gorilla. No outfit can soothe the feeling that you're that ugly on the inside.

Lolz, indeed it does. But, just hide helmet ;-) Or make an outfit at the outfitting station.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As I am trying to be polite, this is one of the more "niche" monster sets in the game. As others have said, it takes 2 seconds to appear so its geared towards fighting a stationary boss. It has a 10% proc rate (not horrible) and a 3 second cool down (actually, really good). But, it only pumps out 8,000 damage in a 4 meter radius. Yuck.

Using only sets from easier dungeons (which is why I'm leaving out things like Velidreth or Zaan) and compare Nerieneth to something like Selenes or Stormfist that have similar stationary proc locations and conditions and it isn't close. Then compare it to Slimecraw, Grothdaar or Valkyn Skoria and you'll wonder why Nerieneth hasn't been buffed. Maw of the Infernal, Infernal Guardian, and Mephala are arguably better. I might even run Sellistrix over Nerieneth. Its a pretty frustrating set.

Edited by El_Borracho on February 27, 2020 11:11PM
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I am trying to be polite, this is one of the more "niche" monster sets in the game. As others have said, it takes 2 seconds to appear so its geared towards fighting a stationary boss. It has a 10% proc rate (not horrible) and a 3 second cool down (actually, really good). But, it only pumps out 8,000 damage in a 4 meter radius. Yuck.

Using only sets from easier dungeons (which is why I'm leaving out things like Velidreth or Zaan) and compare Nerieneth to something like Selenes or Stormfist that have similar stationary proc locations and conditions and it isn't close. Then compare it to Slimecraw, Grothdaar or Valkyn Skoria and you'll wonder why Nerieneth hasn't been buffed. Maw of the Infernal, Infernal Guardian, and Mephala are arguably better. I might even run Sellistrix over Nerieneth. Its a pretty frustrating set.

Nerien'th does 11500 damage for me on my Magcro... potentially every 3 seconds... to everything in a 4m aoe...

I would like to clarify something... when it procs, the Lich Crystal lands, and you can SEE where the damage is going to be, 2 seconds later. So in this way, you can actually kite the enemy/add packs into it if/when you need to. As I say it can take some getting used to, but it is very usable once you do. And if you are doing enough direct damage, you can pretty much get it to proc every rotation or 2.

That said I think its right that sets like Zaan (single target) and Grothdaar (aoe) will likely do more damage over all depending on the scenario. But we gotta have some fun as well :)
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did vSCP recently and got a Zaan helm, but I'm saving it for a build it will really excel on, a Magdk, so I can specialize in fire damage.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nerien'th does 11500 damage for me on my Magcro... potentially every 3 seconds... to everything in a 4m aoe...

I would like to clarify something... when it procs, the Lich Crystal lands, and you can SEE where the damage is going to be, 2 seconds later. So in this way, you can actually kite the enemy/add packs into it if/when you need to. As I say it can take some getting used to, but it is very usable once you do. And if you are doing enough direct damage, you can pretty much get it to proc every rotation or 2.

That said I think its right that sets like Zaan (single target) and Grothdaar (aoe) will likely do more damage over all depending on the scenario. But we gotta have some fun as well :)

Its good to hear from someone who actually likes that set, seriously. I found to it be clunky and outperformed by other sets. As for the damage, naturally you can get it to scale up. But 8K is the base damage, which is still low compared to those others sets whose base damage starts higher which will naturally scale higher.

I don't think everyone has to run the meta, not do I think all sets should perform evenly. Was just opining that in comparison to other sets, Nerieneth leaves a lot on the table. Hey, if you like it, run it.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The trick is to proc it with Force Shock! 3 sources of direct damage at once. Wardens in particular get a whopping 10% magic damage bonus. The Max Health bonus isn't that helpful unless it gives you enough health to not use Max Health food, but that would be even more niche
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭
    I like this set at my magnb at Cyro -nice tool against keep/outpost defenders stacked at walls or invaders at ram (crushing shock from stealth)